There are 213 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Warriors decided to play defense in the 2nd half. Too bad they didnt come with the energy from the opening tip. Just too much to overcome
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Way too early to give up on Barnes just yet...sure he's had a couple bad games in a row, just awful, and 3 out of 4 if you go back to the Boston game. But IMO just way too premature to write him off. He has had a pretty inconsistent January so far, December not a whole lot better, but he was very strong back in Nov. Hey, dude still drives me crazy with his nice drives to the hoop that he can't finish, but still think he has potential to be a great player...but do recognize with the nature of the business it might not be with the Warriors.

agreed with this. barnes is in his second year so of course he's gonna take his bumps. he's had a rough stretch, but even Steve Kerr said it was a difficult transition from starter all season, to the 6th man. it was good to see him get a few shots in last night, though.

i remember when people were down on Klay and now look where he's at.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Way too early to give up on Barnes just yet...sure he's had a couple bad games in a row, just awful, and 3 out of 4 if you go back to the Boston game. But IMO just way too premature to write him off. He has had a pretty inconsistent January so far, December not a whole lot better, but he was very strong back in Nov. Hey, dude still drives me crazy with his nice drives to the hoop that he can't finish, but still think he has potential to be a great player...but do recognize with the nature of the business it might not be with the Warriors.

agreed with this. barnes is in his second year so of course he's gonna take his bumps. he's had a rough stretch, but even Steve Kerr said it was a difficult transition from starter all season, to the 6th man. it was good to see him get a few shots in last night, though.

I wouldnt give up on him but I think its pretty clear that he is not going to be a star player.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

I wouldnt give up on him but I think its pretty clear that he is not going to be a star player.

star player, no, but i think he plays an important role on this team. i also think like he'll develop into a pretty good defensive player.
the bench still looks bad.. maybe i'm speaking too soon..

any word on bogut? i'm guessing it was just a bruise.. good we don't play til friday
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
the bench still looks bad.. maybe i'm speaking too soon..

any word on bogut? i'm guessing it was just a bruise.. good we don't play til friday

Yeah, I was a bit shocked how long Jackson left the 2nd unit in there, think it was end of 1st qtr and into 2nd. And after allowing the deficit to balloon they did manage to bring back down to around 10, but it seemed to be more a case of Pacers finally starting to miss shots than anything else.

It was disappointing that once again the Warriors came out sluggish and allowed an opponent so many open looks....granted, it is the Pacers and they weren't missing ANYTHING, but still didn't see much fire from this team 1st half. Now the good is that they didn't pack it in and get blown out, they started to play D and made a game of it...unfortunate that turnovers and inability to secure ball/rebound in crunch time prevented what could've been another signature comeback.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Iguodola is too talented to be averaging less than 10 points. We need more offense from him.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Iguodola is too talented to be averaging less than 10 points. We need more offense from him.

I agree. He needs to step it up on the offensive end.

What irritated me about last night was how poorly the team defended again in the first half. They played with no energy at all. You would think coming into a big game against the Pacers they would have given a lot more effort defensively. If they had played like they did in the 2nd half they would have won this game.
Originally posted by Hopper:

this. sometimes, he passes too much which becomes a fault.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

What irritated me about last night was how poorly the team defended again in the first half. They played with no energy at all. You would think coming into a big game against the Pacers they would have given a lot more effort defensively. If they had played like they did in the 2nd half they would have won this game.

...btw, I agree with you. That game was so frustrating to watch. In 2nd half...they looked like a completely different team. Just ran out of time.

This is highly unlikely BUT if Lebron were to test free agency, would the Warriors have enough money to sign him?
Originally posted by 4ML:

...btw, I agree with you. That game was so frustrating to watch. In 2nd half...they looked like a completely different team. Just ran out of time.

I give Indiana all the credit for being the better team and playing hard. The Warriors just are not at their level but I think they can compete if Jackson makes them understand that defense cannot simply be turned on and off. It has to be a constant.
Originally posted by xela510:
This is highly unlikely BUT if Lebron were to test free agency, would the Warriors have enough money to sign him?

Not unless they purged their roster.

He's coming to sac town to end his career where it started
Originally posted by marshniners24:

He's coming to sac town to end his career where it started

Share 49ersWebzone