LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

I don't think there is anyone who can stop Durant lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't think there is anyone who can stop Durant lol.

Certainly nobody on the Warriors thats for sure
Put in Bogut. Who cares if they hack him? If he splits FTs it's a win. I'll take 1 point per possession.
that man puttin' up 2k numbers..
Dude is one of the greatest scorers ever. When he's this hot there is nothing you can do. He can get those shots whenever he wants.
wow
DOUBLE HIS A55
Well... they held Durant under 60 anyway
Cant even get that mad, KD was just on fire. Respect to him. Could have done without all the missed FT's tho.
Watching the highlights. Durant torched us. Gatdayum.

Yes, KD was on fire, but a lot of those were wiiiide open looks that he had...and it wasn't just the defense on him that was bad, Dubs were garbage on D entirely. The win streak did have wins against a couple really good teams, but there were quite a few bad teams in there....really hope it wasn't just fool's gold making us think Warriors had finally put it together this season.

The silver lining is they've only got one signifcant road trip left, think a 6-gamer, other than that it's a TON of home games....but any more losses to .500-and-below teams at Oracle are not allowed.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Yes, KD was on fire, but a lot of those were wiiiide open looks that he had...and it wasn't just the defense on him that was bad, Dubs were garbage on D entirely. The win streak did have wins against a couple really good teams, but there were quite a few bad teams in there....really hope it wasn't just fool's gold making us think Warriors had finally put it together this season.

The silver lining is they've only got one signifcant road trip left, think a 6-gamer, other than that it's a TON of home games....but any more losses to .500-and-below teams at Oracle are not allowed.

Reality is the Warriors are the 5th best team at best and probably more like 6th or 7th in the West. Defense and coaching will keep the Dubs from being a top 4 team and get a first round home court advantage.
Weird stat from yesterdays game:

16-27 (59.3%) on 3's
19-34 (55.9%) on FTs

We might be the only team in the league where getting to the line 34 times is a bad thing. 55.9%.......are you kidding me?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Couldn't agree more. Terrible defense these past two games, giving up 120+ points to the friggin Nuggets is asinine. And as good as KD is, defensively, the Dubs were very, very poor, worse than usual. Durant just had his way with us.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Reality is the Warriors are the 5th best team at best and probably more like 6th or 7th in the West. Defense and coaching will keep the Dubs from being a top 4 team and get a first round home court advantage.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. As much as I want to believe they're up there with the elite big dawgs in the West, they just aren't. Right now, I have them in the middle of the pack. They struggle with consistency and coaching is holding them back. Like DelCed said, they always show flashes of greatness and what they could be (road win streak most recent example) and have us thinking they've found the light and they've figured it all out...just to fall back into mediocrity shortly after.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Weird stat from yesterdays game:

16-27 (59.3%) on 3's
19-34 (55.9%) on FTs

We might be the only team in the league where getting to the line 34 times is a bad thing. 55.9%.......are you kidding me?

lol that's nuts
Share 49ersWebzone