LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good game. Too many stupid mistakes the final minute. We had a 1 point lead with 1:13 remaining, and somehow managed to lose the game by 7 points.

Can't wait to see what we look like with Crawford scoring buckets off the bench. Should be fun.

How was that a good game. I dont think the Warriors could have played much worse. Horrible defense, bad shooting, stupid turnovers, and out coached.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
How was that a good game. I dont think the Warriors could have played much worse. Horrible defense, bad shooting, stupid turnovers, and out coached.

They were in it until the last minute. They were competetive, but the same issues keep popping up. The W's are who they are. I've kinda accepted the fact they're going to constantly turn the ball over and commit stupid fouls. Just have to hope the other things they do well are enough to overcome them on most nights.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM ]

They were in it until the last minute. They were competetive, but the same issues keep popping up. The W's are who they are. I've kinda accepted the fact they're going to constantly turn the ball over and commit stupid fouls. Just have to hope the other things they do well are enough to overcome them on most nights.

Yes. Competitive at home against a completely undermanned team that just got smoked in Utah. I would use the word embarrassing more than I would competitive. Just no excuse losing tonight after having so much rest.
Yes. Competitive at home against a completely undermanned team that just got smoked in Utah. I would use the word embarrassing more than I would competitive. Just no excuse losing tonight after having so much rest.

I guess so. I'm just trying not to overreact after we just went 6-1 on a 7 game road trip, and won 10 straight recently. 4 days gave us plenty of rest, but maybe a little bit of rust too. Would not surprise me at all if we bounce back on fri @ OKC.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]
How in the world does this team come out looking gassed and tired after a break, at home, against Denver?!
Good game. Too many stupid mistakes the final minute. We had a 1 point lead with 1:13 remaining, and somehow managed to lose the game by 7 points.

Can't wait to see what we look like with Crawford scoring buckets off the bench. Should be fun.

this. steph curry's turnover and then getting picked by Hickson was straight, EMBARRASSING
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

this. steph curry's turnover and then getting picked by Hickson was straight, EMBARRASSING

Yep. There is no reason that Steph should be averaging 4.3 turnovers per game. Just way too many. Also, the defense by our guards last night was a joke. Lawson, Foye, and Robinson went for 69 points. Just unacceptable.

Finally, I would love to know why Andrew Bogut only played 24 minutes. The Warriors are just not as good when he is on the bench.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Yep. There is no reason that Steph should be averaging 4.3 turnovers per game. Just way too many. Also, the defense by our guards last night was a joke. Lawson, Foye, and Robinson went for 69 points. Just unacceptable.

Finally, I would love to know why Andrew Bogut only played 24 minutes. The Warriors are just not as good when he is on the bench.

Jackson played to whatever Denver threw on the floor. Denver played small and Jackson tried to match it. bad idea, especially in the front court with someone like Hickson, who has proven that he plays bigger than his size
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
How in the world does this team come out looking gassed and tired after a break, at home, against Denver?!

Very disappointing...they're just not going to crack that upper-echelon of teams if they continue to do things like this, losing to a .500 team at home. I'm not quite ready to fall back into my normal "typical Dubs" mode, but the loss to Brooklyn, a way-closer-than-should-have-been win vs Celtics at home, and now losing to Nuggets at home, all while playing bad defense, have me a little antsy.

Friday they have to go to OKC, but it's an OKC team that has lost 3 straight and will be on the back end of a back-to-back, as they'll be at Houston tonight.
the turnover problem is getting old fast..

and i understand denver's small lineup.. but bogut has to be in there to box out and grab a rebound in the final minute(s).. he was subing curry in and out on offense/defense.. he could have done the same with bogey

Jersey # update:

Crawford - 55
Brooks - 2
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM ]
better win today yo.. let's see what J-craw is all about
Article on Mark Jackson. The writer does make some very good points in my opinion.

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/01/16/mark-jackson-situation/
Article on Mark Jackson. The writer does make some very good points in my opinion.

if we won they wouldn't have wrote that article lol

guy played a whole year without bogut and sorta went small to close out games last year (jack, curry, clay, lee, landry) and they did alright, old habits I guess.

Let's say we he keeps bogut out there in 4th to close games and he gets injured? Fans would be upset.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

if we won they wouldn't have wrote that article lol

guy played a whole year without bogut and sorta went small to close out games last year (jack, curry, clay, lee, landry) and they did alright, old habits I guess.

Let's say we he keeps bogut out there in 4th to close games and he gets injured? Fans would be upset.

So we shouldnt play Bogut in the 4th for fear of getting hurt? LOL Ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone