LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Zac (Oakland)

What are your thoughts on the Dubs getting Crawford? I really like his scoring off the bench. are his handles good enough to fill in at PG?

Chad Ford (1:04 PM)

Warriors needed help in the backcourt and Crawford is a lethal scorer coming off the bench. Brooks has talent as well, though he's still a work in progress. I don't think Crawford is really a point guard, but as long as one of the three: Stephon Curry, Andre Iguodala or Klay Thompson is on the floor when he plays the W's should be fine. Good trade for the Warriors. GM Bob Myers is really good at his job. Really good.
Crawford did play point for the celts this year some so he can if he needs to
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I agree that he could play some PG but his role should be to score for the 2nd unit. Love the trade.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

this, and he did pretty well at it. i'm sure he'll be the 3rd or 4th option as far as running the point if need be.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Zac (Oakland)

What are your thoughts on the Dubs getting Crawford? I really like his scoring off the bench. are his handles good enough to fill in at PG?

Warriors needed help in the backcourt and Crawford is a lethal scorer coming off the bench. Brooks has talent as well, though he's still a work in progress. I don't think Crawford is really a point guard, but as long as one of the three: Stephon Curry, Andre Iguodala or Klay Thompson is on the floor when he plays the W's should be fine. Good trade for the Warriors. GM Bob Myers is really good at his job. Really good.

+1 Doesn't hurt that he's learning from the best, Jerry West.
Bob f**kin Myers! I can't believe that we have a smart front office for the first time ever
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Bob f**kin Myers! I can't believe that we have a smart front office for the first time ever

Yep. The ownership and management on this team is excellent. They are not afraid to make big trades and take a chance. I loved the Bogut trade ( and almost everyone in here hated it) and it showed that they understood what it takes to win in the NBA. They have drafted well, locked up their key players, and manuvered the salary cap with deals to go get Iggy.

Between Myers, Baalke, Beane, and Sabean, the local teams are benefiting from some of the best GMs in the Big 3 sports...obviously jury still out for a year or two on McKenzie.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Zac (Oakland)

+1 Doesn't hurt that he's learning from the best, Jerry West.

I don't know how much influence or say that Jerry West actually has but it is great having him as part of the organization.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Between Myers, Baalke, Beane, and Sabean, the local teams are benefiting from some of the best GMs in the Big 3 sports...obviously jury still out for a year or two on McKenzie.
I wouldnt put Sabean in the class of the others but he does have the 2 rings to fall back on.

I wouldnt put Sabean in the class of the others but he does have the 2 rings to fall back on.

Yeah, I think Beane works a lot more magic and Sabean probably a little too loyal to older players, but those 2 rings speak volumes...personally still not sure about the Lincecum deal, but if does "okay" and Morse pans out while team does well, then it's another feather in his cap.

But Myers...gets Igoudala, then brings in Douglas, and once it's obvious he's just not what they thought he was going to be, they're not only able to bring in someone to replace him, but also get rid of him in the same deal. That's doing good work.
Marshawn Brooks has a ton of "potential" and has shown glimpses since he came into the lg. It will be interesting to see if we can develop him.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Great deal. Gave up nothing and got some depth.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

lol Brian Sabean is the worst GM with two championship rings ever.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks are players that are ok in small doses.....but too much of them can be disasterous.

Marc Jackson needs to keep them on a leash.

Particularly Jordan Crawford, who once claimed that he would be better than Michael Jordan.
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone