LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

The Official California Football Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I know we lost but how did the offense look?

They looked EXCELLENT

damn like exciting excellent? How did bigelow do??? How about our qb? damn i really wish i couldve saw the game

Yes exciting excellent. I mean we put up 548 yards with an 18-year old kid at QB. Bigelow looked good but even Sonny admitted we shoulda ran more. We were behind most of the game though. Bigelow looked explosive to start the game. Man and Chris Harper can really BALL. Treggs too, but that's expected though. They're gonna put up TTU kinda numbers.

Yeah just saw the statline holy crap Goff has a chance to be a special qb and as always he have solid running backs so im very excited for bigelow. And wow Chris Harper is explosive. I cant wait to see how this offense develops with Goff under center during the next couple of years
I know we lost but how did the offense look?

They looked EXCELLENT

damn like exciting excellent? How did bigelow do??? How about our qb? damn i really wish i couldve saw the game

Yes exciting excellent. I mean we put up 548 yards with an 18-year old kid at QB. Bigelow looked good but even Sonny admitted we shoulda ran more. We were behind most of the game though. Bigelow looked explosive to start the game. Man and Chris Harper can really BALL. Treggs too, but that's expected though. They're gonna put up TTU kinda numbers.

Yeah just saw the statline holy crap Goff has a chance to be a special qb and as always he have solid running backs so im very excited for bigelow. And wow Chris Harper is explosive. I cant wait to see how this offense develops with Goff under center during the next couple of years

Imma try to watch the replay on Watch Espn tomorrow sonce there's no NFL. Get it on my xbox
Got home from the game not too long ago. Excited for a new era of Cal football! Go Bears
Excited by what I saw last night. Northwestern is a well coached team. Goff looked pretty good, Bigelow and the rest are explosive. Here is the best part...if we continue to put up exciting numbers like that, more explosive offensive HS players will want to go to CAL.

Not a bad first game against a good team. I look forward to watching them grow. One of these PAC 12 teams looking to win it all will run into a big surprise.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Yo toeknee what you think of Goff? You over the Kline crush yet? I thought the kid looked very good

That second td I was like ohhhhhhhh
I thought the defense played well, very hard hitting.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I thought the defense played well, very hard hitting.

I thought they swarmed to the ball and hit hard, but missed quite a few assignments which led to missed stop opportunities. They will do fine against regular offenses, but Oregon, Rich Rod's squad etc will be tough.

Feed Bigelow!!
I thought NW did fake some injuries though, hampered some drives. Karma for us against Oregon I guess
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Draft Treggs Harper and Bigelow!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Yo toeknee what you think of Goff? You over the Kline crush yet? I thought the kid looked very good

That second td I was like ohhhhhhhh

the team's second TD or Goff's second? The long throw was NOICEEEE. The 2nd TD was a good throw too, giving Harper a chance to go get the ball and Harper really went up and got that one, he's really exceeded my expectations and I believe he's getting a lot of looks from NFL scouts

That deep int pass was nice too. Just a better play by safety
I'm not a Cal fan obviously, but I watched the game last night, Goff looks like the real deal.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
That deep int pass was nice too. Just a better play by safety

no he really had no business throwing that, because of the coverage but also because of the time. 3+ minutes left they should had worked down the field and tied it up. Ironically, and I'm not trying to stir anything up, Kline may have completed that throw because he has more up in his arm, but nevertheless I didn't like the decision to deep there and he had a receiver open underneath (not sure who yet, I'm watching the replay and in the 4th quarter right now so I'll post who soon, but I know I saw that receiver open underneath yesterday)
YUP, Powe was open on a short in route underneath it would had been a 5-yard gain, and you still have plenty of time to drive down the field
Saturday, 8/31 - vs Northwestern at 7:30pm (ESPN2)
Saturday, 9/7 - vs Portland State at 2:00pm (PAC-12 Network)
Saturday, 9/14 - vs Ohio State at 4:00pm (Fox)
Saturday, 9/28 - at Oregon, TBD (PAC-12 Network)
Saturday, 10/5 - vs Washington State, TBD
Saturday, 10/12 - at UCLA, TBD
Saturday, 10/19 - vs Oregon State, TBD
Saturday, 10/26 - at Washington, TBD
Saturday, 11/2 - vs Arizona, TBD
Saturday, 11/9 - vs USC, TBD
Saturday, 11/16 - at Colorado, TBD
Saturday, 11/23 - at Stanford, TBD

(All times PST)

based on what I saw this weekend, we could definitely get 6 wins this season
Share 49ersWebzone