There are 210 users in the forums

The Official California Football Thread

Originally posted by Geeked:
Wow, it's like Wilcox looked at Sark and Kiffen and said... we're doing the exact opposite. He's letting his Coordinators Coach, he's holding everyone accountable, he's constantly reviewing HIS team's performances for improvements.

I thought Wilcox was another flash in the pan DC that got way too much mileage out of one BSU victory over Oregon. I was very wrong. Hate Cal but love good coaching and seeing HC evolve.

Congrats Cal... Looks like you guys found a gem.

Same, I thought Wilcox was hype. But so far he has been impressive

The Big Game might be interesting
This game is gewd
Cmooooooooon get the offense going
Gonna lose fml
So lucky woah
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So lucky woah

Me all game. me the last 5 mins
Underwhelming. Never should have fired Tedford.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Because?

Even if the football was subpar, the academics of recruits/ players were terrible

Which is a big reason he got fired
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 1, 2018 at 7:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Because?

Even if the football was subpar, the academics of recruits/ players were terrible

Which is a big reason he got fired

Grades Schmades. The truth is he lost a political battle. He was brought in for one reason and one reason only. To revive a moribund program that hadn't won for years, boost attendance and get Cal Alumni fired up to pay for upgrades and improvements at Memorial. Which is exactly what happened. In evidence of his turnaround of the Cal program, season ticket sales jumped from 16,200 in 2002 to 41,336 in 2007, setting new records each year from 2004 through 2007. Once the money was in the bank and construction was underway, the "poor grades" excuse was invented.

The second reason may also be he could never repeat the magic of finding another Aaron Rodgers, who he literally lucked into. But his track record of developing NFL caliber QB's took a hit after Rodgers left. He could never duplicate that success.

But I double-dog guarantee you that "poor grades" had nothing to do with his dismissal. I'm not disputing that they probably were poor. But that ain't the reason Golden Coach got shown the door. We may never know the true reason why he got canned, but the program clearly declined during his last few years at the helm.
Woah, what a catch, but i thought he was out

Protect the ball here, get at least three. The defense has been great

• Jiks
Take the FG and go up by two scores

Terrible 4th down play tho, you've gotta have better plays than that, but when you're rolling with a 3rd qb it gets limited
Originally posted by Jiks:

This
Not easy but we did it

If this mcelwain kid can pass, might have something here
jesus

don't want to put this game away in the 2nd quarter?

Signs of growing pains
Share 49ersWebzone