There are 174 users in the forums

The Official California Football Thread

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Even though Cal lost, both SC and call have a bright future. Cal needs to clean up the crappy O-line play. If they can do that, things will get a lot better for them. They also need to distribute some talent to their D-line and DB's. I can't honestly grade the DB's because CK6 had all day to throw.

SC.... OHHHHHH.... MY! CLEAN UP THE HOLDING. Crap, Farmer screwed up TWO TD's. The Pick Play that got one TD called back may have not been an intentional pick. Freak'n Smith just went full RT and ran right into the DB... WITH HIS HANDS UP! THAT WILL ALWAYS GET CALLED.

I'm glad Cal wasn't totally blown out, but I'm also glad SC put enough points on the board to not lose in the final second... for the third time.

I can tell the depth issue is on Sark's and the coaching staff's mind. They are taking their foot off the gas and trying to bleed clock when they can. It seems they want to put it to the floor long enough to get a two to three score lead and feather the throttle for the rest of the game. Which, in the end, may be the smartest thing to do.
[ Edited by Geeked on Nov 14, 2014 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Geeked:
Even though Cal lost, both SC and call have a bright future. Cal needs to clean up the crappy O-line play. If they can do that, things will get a lot better for them. They also need to distribute some talent to their D-line and DB's. I can't honestly grade the DB's because CK6 had all day to throw.

SC.... OHHHHHH.... MY! CLEAN UP THE HOLDING. Crap, Farmer screwed up TWO TD's. The Pick Play that got one TD called back may have not been an intentional pick. Freak'n Smith just went full RT and ran right into the DB... WITH HIS HANDS UP! THAT WILL ALWAYS GET CALLED.

I'm glad Cal wasn't totally blown out, but I'm also glad SC put enough points on the board to not lose in the final second... for the third time.

I can tell the depth issue is on Sark's and the coaching staff's mind. They are taking their foot off the gas and trying to bleed clock when they can. It seems they want to put it to the floor long enough to get a two to three score lead and feather the throttle for the rest of the game. Which, in the end, may be the smartest thing to do.

USC is a much better team then their record indicates. The ASU win against them was.............fortunate .

The Boston College loss was embarrassing. But overall USC just seems to lack focus, otherwise they could be a 1-loss team on top of the PAC-12 south, basically where ASU is.

I don't think Sark is a good coach, but you don't have to be a good coach to have a stacked team at USC. First dibbs on all the LA players, Pete Carroll's legacy there is still strong. But just look at Washington when Sark was there, he was doing incredible at coaching and it every year the team disappointed. And damn I wanted Shaq Thompson so bad
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
USC is a much better team then their record indicates. The ASU win against them was.............fortunate .

The Boston College loss was embarrassing. But overall USC just seems to lack focus, otherwise they could be a 1-loss team on top of the PAC-12 south, basically where ASU is.

I don't think Sark is a good coach, but you don't have to be a good coach to have a stacked team at USC. First dibbs on all the LA players, Pete Carroll's legacy there is still strong. But just look at Washington when Sark was there, he was doing incredible at coaching and it every year the team disappointed. And damn I wanted Shaq Thompson so bad

Ahhh, the jury is still out for me on Sark. The guy can recruit (better than Kiffin... which says a lot). I think his teams may lack a bit of focus, but that's kinda a hallmark of a Carroll type mentality. Carroll teams ALWAYS had penalty issues; DUMB ONES. I don't see a whole lot of that changing.

The offensive approach is sound, just a bit out of control at times, but that can be said for about any team in the PAC right now.

It will be interesting to see what happens in a year or two. Add depth to Sark's offense and things could get very interesting. Add more talent to both A-State's and Cal's offense and things get down right scary.
Wonder how much the refs were paid
so Zach Kline went to Butte, was average there, and now is going to Indiana State. Man I wish the kid well but he seems to continue to have an uphill battle to climb.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
so Zach Kline went to Butte, was average there, and now is going to Indiana State. Man I wish the kid well but he seems to continue to have an uphill battle to climb.

eh over rated. if he was that good plenty of schools would've been a calling. UC Davis & Sac st apparently didn't become fruition either so there's a bigger story
well, with the way things are going with the 49ers

maybe we will be in a position to draft goff (if he declares)

Recruiting class looking solid this year! Loading up on DBs & WR (we have tons of talent at WR graduating next year)
Originally posted by AC49er:
Recruiting class looking solid this year! Loading up on DBs & WR (we have tons of talent at WR graduating next year)

yeah I think we're a top 30 class right now, close to top 25. Really excited for next year but I wished we would had gone to a bowl game this past season.
Cal signed all their 4 star recruits and sits at #28 in the nation but 7th in pac-12.

DB group has improved

We rollin

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Cal signed all their 4 star recruits and sits at #28 in the nation but 7th in pac-12.

DB group has improved

We rollin

I'm satisfied with the class for sure.
5 four star recruits

this next season may make or break us in terms of recruitment
Originally posted by ads_2006:
well, with the way things are going with the 49ers

maybe we will be in a position to draft goff (if he declares)

Dream is starting to formulate

Kaep on the trading block
intrigued by Rubenzer being tried at safety, played there in high school. Seems like coaches finally got some sense and decided they weren't going to rotate him at QB (taking off the field one of the best QB's in the nation) but Rubenzer wasn't thrilled with redshirting and accepted an offer to try out at safety, which is a position of need.
Spring practices looking good. Is it too much to ask for an average defense? I'm banking on 9-10 wins this year if we have an average defense. Offense is gonna light it up and score at will.
Share 49ersWebzone