LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Official California Football Thread

Moala declaring for the draft REALLY hurts.

Ok SunDevil, NOW you can mock me
Originally posted by billbird2111:
And it's official: Former Bears coach Jeff Tedford lands as OC with Tampa Bay.

Look for the Bucs to pull a stunning, and I mean STUNNING, turnaround on offense next season.

lulz

no, they suck
program will be irrelevant for the next few years at least

jesus christ
Originally posted by Ballistic:
program will be irrelevant for the next few years at least

jesus christ

man, this time last year I was looking forward to the 2014 season thinking we'd at least be a bowl team. As of right now I'm not so sure we'll accomplish that. And then of course I thought 2015 would be a breakout season with Goff as a junior, 3-year starting QB and the WR's from the class of 2012 balling.
Things might be looking up! New DC, new Secondary coach from Texas, Jahvid to help with recruiting, recruits visiting Berkeley in January with 75 degree weather, lots of hungry JC commits.
Art Kaufman hired as new DC, former DC at TTU in '12 and UNCE in '11. Apparently not so great at recruiting. Runs a 4-3.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Art Kaufman hired as new DC, former DC at TTU in '12 and UNCE in '11. Apparently not so great at recruiting. Runs a 4-3.

He did major improvements for Tech and Cincy in just 1 year.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I see that, which is obviously something we're desperately looking for at Cal.

But at the same time also makes me think this guy may not be the long term solution here as his resume does not show that he's been able to hold on to a DC gig for a good amount of time anywhere recently.

1) can he recruit? Especially in a California with a Texas pipeline - if he can't do it here, he may not be able to do it anywhere.
2) can he DEVELOP talent?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I see that, which is obviously something we're desperately looking for at Cal.

But at the same time also makes me think this guy may not be the long term solution here as his resume does not show that he's been able to hold on to a DC gig for a good amount of time anywhere recently.

1) can he recruit? Especially in a California with a Texas pipeline - if he can't do it here, he may not be able to do it anywhere.
2) can he DEVELOP talent?

On your first concern of him bouncing jobs: It should be noted he left Tech to go to Cincy because of Tuberville

#1 - Likely not, no roots in CA and I don't see any awards by the recruiting services that he has been a top recruiter
#2 - No idea

Personally I thought from the very first time hiring your HC, that he was a great coach but a bad fit for CAL. Culturally I just don't see him fitting in with Californian kids at all. He is more of a Texas type guy. I thought Cal needed a more charismatic, enthusiastic Pete Carroll or Jim More personality type.

I'm not surprised at all by the mass exodus of players and only able to recruit JC's.

Whats crazy about CAL is that CAL generated so much NFL talent under Tedford, maybe even the best in the whole PAC-12.
Still kinda shocked to see how well recruiting is going given the 1-11 record!

Rollin

where is teeohh

he would have been proud tonight
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Rollin

where is teeohh

he would have been proud tonight

Last sec win over the one seed, Bewm
21 year old CAL DE died today, thinking it was during a conditioning drill but all the details aren't out yet.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
21 year old CAL DE died today, thinking it was during a conditioning drill but all the details aren't out yet.

Ted Agu, died during conditioning drill. Confirmed at the hospital. Cal has already announced it. One of those kids who was a walk-on and earned a scholarship with hard work. R.I.P.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
just sad
Share 49ersWebzone