There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 California Football Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
lawler kid looking good so far

dude was suppose to be a Sun Devil but you guys stole him from us

Recruits usually always take Cal when ASU and Cal are competing for the same guys
Lawler is really good

Dudes gonna be a stud
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Lawler is really good

Dudes gonna be a stud

when we recruited them I really thought he'd be the stud next to Briggs, I was pleasantly surprised with Harper's play from the get-go.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ooo, cant wait for billibird to come and say that we suck

I was asked to stay out of this thread by vrabbit, so I did. I already made my point about Tedford. No need to beat that dead horse.

And, if you think I'm enjoying this, well, I'm not. God's honest truth. It isn't easy watching the Cal grad wife wail. Wail she does.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ooo, cant wait for billibird to come and say that we suck

I was asked to stay out of this thread by vrabbit, so I did. I already made my point about Tedford. No need to beat that dead horse.

And, if you think I'm enjoying this, well, I'm not. God's honest truth. It isn't easy watching the Cal grad wife wail. Wail she does.

I didn't ask you to stay out of it, I asked that you stop repeating the same s**t over and over again. Your point has been made. That's all.

Really rough to find out yesterday Jaleel Wadood decommitted from us, we definitely could have used a 4-star defensive back
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I didn't ask you to stay out of it, I asked that you stop repeating the same s**t over and over again. Your point has been made. That's all.

Really rough to find out yesterday Jaleel Wadood decommitted from us, we definitely could have used a 4-star defensive back

When he de-committed from us to commit to Cal, ASU ppl assumed it was just a matter of time before he switches again to another school.

Some kids commit to schools just to improve their stock, he is one of those.
Kline and Tagaloa transferring. More transfer announcements may come.
I dont follow Cal football much. Whats the deal with the head coach? Is he on the hot seat?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont follow Cal football much. Whats the deal with the head coach? Is he on the hot seat?

I'm sure rumors will say that he should be but IMO firing Dykes would be IDIOTIC. You just can't evaluate a season in which you were forced to play so many young and inexperienced guys on defense, which was already transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (which I hate BTW). Add to that a true freshman QB playing behind a shaky O-line and no real running game ... s**t, I for one I'm not shocked at the 1-11 record. This team will be much better next season and IMO take that next step and at least go to a bowl game. Goff is now the undisputed starter at QB (why Kline is transferring), putting together a solid season (considering):

320/531 (!!! - 4th most in the nation), 3,508 yards, 60.3 completion %, 6.61 YPA, 18TD, 10INT, 123.2 rating.

The WR corps will be outstanding: Harper/Treggs/Lawler are becoming what many of us envisioned when we signed the 2012 class, and Darius Powe (from the same class) is up-and-coming talent (6'3", 210lbs). I think Richard Rodgers will come back and continue to be that solid TE/WR4, although a part of me thinks that his pass-catching skills could be used in the NFL. Cal will need to solidify their O-line (I hate losing Tagaloa) and establish a running game. Khalfani Muhammad is a fighter but IMO he's better served as a rotational guy that you try to spread all over the field. That or he needs to bulk up, I saw him get NO push at the point of contact way too many times this season.

On defense - just get healthy. While this season hurt, those youngsters did get a lot of valuable experience.

Dykes went 5-7 (4-4) his first season at LTU before going 8-5 (6-1, WAC title) and 9-3 the following seasons. Even as someone who is more a pro-style offense guy, I believe we need to see this through for at least another season or two before we write the book on Dykes at Cal.
RB Joe Mixon announces Cal among his final four choices, he would definitely address the issues with the running game. Problem is his other choices offer the chance for early PT as well and they are big programs of course (Oklahoma, Wisconsin, UCLA). He'd be a major coup.
Brendan Bigelow and Richard Rodgers (called this one) declaring for the draft, per .... Chris Harper.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Brendan Bigelow and Richard Rodgers (called this one) declaring for the draft, per .... Chris Harper.

Is there going to be anyone left on your roster?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Brendan Bigelow and Richard Rodgers (called this one) declaring for the draft, per .... Chris Harper.

Is there going to be anyone left on your roster?

I said I expected Rodgers, and Bigelow isn't much of a loss based on what he did this season (biggest disappointment on the team BY FAR). I want to understand his decision, but I really disagree with it. Not concerned about Cal's outlook going forward anyways. Rodgers was more of a WR than a TE this season, and we are DEEP at WR (opes up PT for Powe, Harris (KA's cousin), and Trevor Davis - transfer from Hawaii who's expected to be a contributor right away).
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I said I expected Rodgers, and Bigelow isn't much of a loss based on what he did this season (biggest disappointment on the team BY FAR). I want to understand his decision, but I really disagree with it. Not concerned about Cal's outlook going forward anyways. Rodgers was more of a WR than a TE this season, and we are DEEP at WR (opes up PT for Powe, Harris (KA's cousin), and Trevor Davis - transfer from Hawaii who's expected to be a contributor right away).

i was just joking, just seems all news has been bad news for the Bears for awhile

edit: And oh, I wouldn't be surprised if Tedford gets Boise St job
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I said I expected Rodgers, and Bigelow isn't much of a loss based on what he did this season (biggest disappointment on the team BY FAR). I want to understand his decision, but I really disagree with it. Not concerned about Cal's outlook going forward anyways. Rodgers was more of a WR than a TE this season, and we are DEEP at WR (opes up PT for Powe, Harris (KA's cousin), and Trevor Davis - transfer from Hawaii who's expected to be a contributor right away).

i was just joking, just seems all news has been bad news for the Bears for awhile

edit: And oh, I wouldn't be surprised if Tedford gets Boise St job

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home