There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 California Football Thread

Dude, I loved Tedford and what he did at CAL. He brought the program up and got new facilities, but it got stagnant. He failed to deliver a QB and it cost us for a few years. CAL gave him a couple extra years but it looked like we were going backwards, not forward. They had to make a change and brought the new coach to develop a more fast paced offense, which is what the PAC 12 is shaping up to be. I don't fault where we are on the new coach. Give him time, let him recruit and build it the way he wants. Once goff matures, I think they can hang with other teams.

Chill
dat pass by goff

too bad it didnt go for 6, since we can't score otherwise
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dat pass by goff

too bad it didnt go for 6, since we can't score otherwise

reminds me of the 49ers
for every 1 sweet pass goff makes

he makes 3 retarded mistakes
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like it but I'm not going to call for his head after half a season. And I most definitely will not say firing Tedford was a mistake after half a season. Get real

Then, I am forced to conclude one of two things:

A. You're not a true Cal fan

OR

B. You're not a fan of winning football. You actually like losing. Or teams that are just pathetically bad (see Cal Bears)

And, MILFS, sorry but I don't agree. I think Goff is actually pretty good. But I don't think it's going to translate into wins this year, next year or the year after. Dykes was woefully unprepared to step up in conference size and it shows every week on the field.

Shut the f**k up you stupid motherf**ker
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like it but I'm not going to call for his head after half a season. And I most definitely will not say firing Tedford was a mistake after half a season. Get real

Then, I am forced to conclude one of two things:

A. You're not a true Cal fan

OR

B. You're not a fan of winning football. You actually like losing. Or teams that are just pathetically bad (see Cal Bears)

And, MILFS, sorry but I don't agree. I think Goff is actually pretty good. But I don't think it's going to translate into wins this year, next year or the year after. Dykes was woefully unprepared to step up in conference size and it shows every week on the field.

Shut the f**k up you stupid motherf**ker

Hey, no!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like it but I'm not going to call for his head after half a season. And I most definitely will not say firing Tedford was a mistake after half a season. Get real

Then, I am forced to conclude one of two things:

A. You're not a true Cal fan

OR

B. You're not a fan of winning football. You actually like losing. Or teams that are just pathetically bad (see Cal Bears)

And, MILFS, sorry but I don't agree. I think Goff is actually pretty good. But I don't think it's going to translate into wins this year, next year or the year after. Dykes was woefully unprepared to step up in conference size and it shows every week on the field.

Shut the f**k up you stupid motherf**ker

Roll On!!!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Dude we get it, you hate Cal for letting your boi tedford go.

Deal with it. Were you this pissed that Pat Hill got fired?

You gonna root for SC when tedford takes that job?

No, Hill never excited me. Plus, he replaced the legend that is Jim Sweeney. As fans, we "accepted" Pat Hill. But we never came to adore him like the legend.

Second question, no. The Cal connection runs deeper than Tedford. The wife that is Venus earned her degree at Cal. She is a true blue Oskie fan. She has told me stories about the "good ol' days," when Oskie used to drink beer through his eye. She knows every Cal fight song by heart. That is where the Cal connection comes from. Tedford just added to it. That was my connection. Understand?

And calm down Teeoh before you get a mandatory cooling off period. Not what I want.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM ]
Word is your recruit WR Jalen Harvey is considering de-committing from CAL.

He visited ASU when we beat Washington
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dude, I loved Tedford and what he did at CAL. He brought the program up and got new facilities, but it got stagnant. He failed to deliver a QB and it cost us for a few years. CAL gave him a couple extra years but it looked like we were going backwards, not forward. They had to make a change and brought the new coach to develop a more fast paced offense, which is what the PAC 12 is shaping up to be. I don't fault where we are on the new coach. Give him time, let him recruit and build it the way he wants. Once goff matures, I think they can hang with other teams.

Chill

See, I think it got stagnant because he took on too much. He couldn't compete with the bigger schools because he didn't have the impressive facilities that the bigger boys did. He couldn't offer the shiny workout rooms stacked with modern equipment. His dressing rooms were dumps. It made locker rooms at the Coliseum look like the Taj Mah Freaking Hal.

So, he shouldered the work of rebuilding Memorial and the facilities on his own and it cost him. You can't do it alone. You need loyalty in this game. And he didn't get it from his assistants, who split and took recruits with them.

That's just bad. It's wrong. And, thing is, you don't see that happening to other coaches. So why Tedford then? After years of success, why did it crack apart and fall down around him?

Game passed him by? Jeff Freaking Tedford? You gotta be kidding me. He didn't go from innovator to "lost it" overnight. But it is clear, and I will admit, something went wrong. Terribly wrong. I don't know what it was. I can't put my finger on it. But something went wrong somewhere.

Tedford will get another shot again. Maybe not in the PAC 12. It might be elsewhere. But the dude is 52. It's not like he's some ancient figurehead out of the Paul Brown era.

Teeoh and ads don't understand that this season is just KILLING my wife. She wears the game on her sleeve. She's a dude with boobs. Game Day is almost a religious event in our household. And she watches EVERY moment of EVERY game right down to the BITTER end. And she's just inconsolable on some days. She doesn't cut out early. She doesn't switch channels. She's right there, every moment, every game. And if it's not on the Tube (we have DirecTV), it's Joe Starkey on the radio. Every moment. Every Game. Till the bitter end.

This is where the interest, and bitterness, comes from.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Word is your recruit WR Jalen Harvey is considering de-committing from CAL.

He visited ASU when we beat Washington


And Jalen Harvey switches his commitment to ASU

Payback for taking Wadood from us
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Word is your recruit WR Jalen Harvey is considering de-committing from CAL.

He visited ASU when we beat Washington


And Jalen Harvey switches his commitment to ASU

Payback for taking Wadood from us

Harvey: "The main reason I decommmitted, it wasn't from them losing or anything, was because they wanted me to score higher on my SAT."

tedford would have said come on down lol, they prolly wanted the kid to score a 1000 or something lol,
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Word is your recruit WR Jalen Harvey is considering de-committing from CAL.

He visited ASU when we beat Washington


And Jalen Harvey switches his commitment to ASU

Payback for taking Wadood from us

Harvey: "The main reason I decommmitted, it wasn't from them losing or anything, was because they wanted me to score higher on my SAT."

tedford would have said come on down lol, they prolly wanted the kid to score a 1000 or something lol,


damn, wonder how low the kid is scoring
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Word is your recruit WR Jalen Harvey is considering de-committing from CAL.

He visited ASU when we beat Washington


And Jalen Harvey switches his commitment to ASU

Payback for taking Wadood from us

Harvey: "The main reason I decommmitted, it wasn't from them losing or anything, was because they wanted me to score higher on my SAT."

tedford would have said come on down lol, they prolly wanted the kid to score a 1000 or something lol,


damn, wonder how low the kid is scoring

well, it probably isn't that bad. Cal came under fire because of low graduation rates, so maybe the upped their standards a bit as well
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
He probably scored potatoe