LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Your Favo(u)rite Non-American Football Football Code...

Your Favo(u)rite Non-American Football Football Code...

Union Rugby.

League is.......
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Cricket

Seen any of the world cup that is on ATM? NZ have been killing everyone. Chris Gayle and the 1st ever 200 at a WC. Ireland upsetting the WI and look like they could get a quarter final.

Been a great tournament so far.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Cricket

Seen any of the world cup that is on ATM? NZ have been killing everyone. Chris Gayle and the 1st ever 200 at a WC. Ireland upsetting the WI and look like they could get a quarter final.

Been a great tournament so far.

Love cricket. But I suspect Rubs was being sarcastic. He does that, you know.
I like Aussie Rules and both Leauge and Union Rugby...still don't know all the rules and intricacies of these games but enjoy watching. But my favorite is Rugby Sevens....I find it easier to follow the game with fewer players, plus the it's very fast-paced and games only have two 7-minute (sometimes 10-minute) halves with just a minute or so halftime, so if there's a tournament you can see quite a few matches.
State of Origin Rugby League was on last night. Cam Inman wrote a little bit on it. Nice read from an amateur eye.http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin-nsw-v-queensland-clash-broken-down-by-american-nfl-writer/story-e6frf3ou-1227372369975
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Soccer wise? I am a huge Liverpool FC fan.

YEAH YOU ARE.
GO LIVERPOOL

Btw, I think Rogers is gone
  • 220s
  • Veteran
bump for this
if all the rest of the new Aussie members find it I expect league union and AFL to suddenly increase their vote
Originally posted by 220s:
bump for this
if all the rest of the new Aussie members find it I expect league union and AFL to suddenly increase their vote

Rugby League bumped.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Union Rugby.

League is.......

Actually I'd say, out of all the football codes on the planet, Rugby League would be one of the simplest to grasp. Little less complicated rule wise then Union. Less tactical I guess. And a lot less penalties.

But each their own.
I played 2 years of League and 7 years of Union throughout school and university (decades ago). I preferred playing and watching Union, but they're both good games. The hits in League tend to be a bit harder because the tacklers are trying to force an error from the ball carrier. The only thing I really dislike about League is the scrums...complete waste of time.

Soccer...enjoyed playing but can't stand watching it because it's boring as hell (which is odd because I can watch test cricket!).
[ Edited by RealSapster4Niners on Aug 22, 2015 at 5:12 AM ]

Prefer playing Union (am a Flanker so plenty of stuff to do) prefer watching League (in general).
Union please.
Rugby league and the mighty PARRAMATTA EELS, greatest sport and team on earth
Rugby Union baby!!! Just cause....

However I'm quite fond of Rugby League (NRL), Australian Rules Football (AFL) & Football (Soccer) as well... (I've got a soft spot for all...)
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Aug 25, 2015 at 9:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone