There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your Favo(u)rite Non-American Football Football Code...

Your Favo(u)rite Non-American Football Football Code...

Canadian Football:

Soccer (Futbol):

Rugby League:

Rugby Union:

Australian Rules Football:

Gaelic Football:

Ancient-Type Football:
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKm4kstZqM

Australian rules football just to watch the refs signal a score, it cracks me up.
Anal
Union. Don't mind League or even Aussie Rules, not that you get to see it much here. Loath soccer.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
the blooper of those sports are pretty funny

never watched an entire game of any so don't care
Originally posted by English:
Union. Don't mind League or even Aussie Rules, not that you get to see it much here. Loath soccer.

Me too. I hated soccer my entire life, until very recently. s**t is cool if you see a really good match live. After that, you'll find yourself watching U.S. Soccer and enjoying yourself. Its really weird... For me, the most entertaining part is watching the "dribbling" live. Reminds me of someone in basketball shaking someone up.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by English:

Me too. I hated soccer my entire life, until very recently. s**t is cool if you see a really good match live. After that, you'll find yourself watching U.S. Soccer and enjoying yourself. Its really weird... For me, the most entertaining part is watching the "dribbling" live. Reminds me of someone in basketball shaking someone up.

I was brought up with soccer. I followed the game through the dreadful English Midfield tactics period. I gave up on the sport then and discovered American football, which had just hit our TV screens (1983). I am happy for others to enjoy soccer, conkers or whatever.

I will stick with Union.
[ Edited by English on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:

most casual, neophyte American soccer converts were drawn in that way IMO, gotta have something really tugging to invest interest/patience in seeing a game (national pride), after that they wanna see more subsequently drawn to a particular club either local (MLS) or abroad, more the latter if top-flight soccer is what they want...and then boom, they're hooked.
Soccer wise? I am a huge Liverpool FC fan.