Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Marcus Mariota is good.

over rated

Not sure if serious?

I am, he is a good college player but not great.

You still stand by that?

lol, post this after he has pretty much his best game ever passing. Didn't see you post this after he was 11 for 25 against.....Cal.

I still think the following are better QBs (in no order)
Jameis Winston, FSU
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
Tajh Boyd, Clemson
Aaron Murray, Georgia

I'd also put Brett Hundley above Mariota.

You serious? He's been doing this for the past couple weeks. He's accounted for 25 touchdowns and 0 interceptions... And I don't know if you watched the Cal game, but to say it was raining cats and dogs in Eugene is the understatement of the year. No one was going to pass the ball well in that game, not even Aaron Rogers if he was still at Cal.

You're in the minority if you're still not sold on Mariota. Turn on all the national radio stations today, and they all agree that he's the top player in all of college football.

As of today, he could be a top-5 pick in the draft and take home the Heisman, and that's just not my homer opinion. Lot's of people are saying that, look it up.

And yeah, I would post this today because he shredded a very good Washington defense IN Washington. I don't know what more he has to do. The one knock on him was his accuracy down the field, and he was absolutely money on 3-4 deep balls, including a 40-yard pass to Lowe that would've been a TD had he not dropped it. That pass was right in the bread basket. He's still only 19 years old, mind you.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Oct 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM ]
Marcus Mariota is good.

over rated

Not sure if serious?

I am, he is a good college player but not great.

You still stand by that?

lol, post this after he has pretty much his best game ever passing. Didn't see you post this after he was 11 for 25 against.....Cal.

I still think the following are better QBs (in no order)
Jameis Winston, FSU
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
Tajh Boyd, Clemson
Aaron Murray, Georgia

I'd also put Brett Hundley above Mariota.

Best QB i have watched thus far in the Pac is Sean Mannion. I may get crushed for that but he's pretty damn good as well. Not saying he's the best QB out there but I thought he outperformed Hundley. Admittedly I haven't watched a ton of these guys but as far as playing Utah he was the most impressive.
PAC-12 3 year rankings:

1. Stanford 23-4
2. Oregon 23-4
3. USC 18-9
4. UCLA 17-10
5. ASU 17-10
6. Washington 15-12
7. Oregon State 13-14
8. Arizona 10-17
9. Utah 9-18
10. Washington State 7-20
11. California 6-21
12. Colorado 4-23

Offensive Rankings over 3 years
1. Oregon
2. Arizona State
3. Stanford
4. USC
5. Arizona
6. Washington
7. UCLA
8. Oregon State
9. Utah
10. Washington State
11. California
12. Colorado

Defensive Rankings over the 3 years
1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Arizona State
5. Utah
6. UCLA
7. Washington
8. Oregon State
9. California
10. Arizona
11. Washington State
12. Colorado
PAC-12 3 year rankings:

1. Stanford 23-4
2. Oregon 23-4
3. USC 18-9
4. UCLA 17-10
5. ASU 17-10
6. Washington 15-12
7. Oregon State 13-14
8. Arizona 10-17
9. Utah 9-18
10. Washington State 7-20
11. California 6-21
12. Colorado 4-23

Offensive Rankings over 3 years
1. Oregon
2. Arizona State
3. Stanford
4. USC
5. Arizona
6. Washington
7. UCLA
8. Oregon State
9. Utah
10. Washington State
11. California
12. Colorado

Defensive Rankings over the 3 years
1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Arizona State
5. Utah
6. UCLA
7. Washington
8. Oregon State
9. California
10. Arizona
11. Washington State
12. Colorado

Not as bad as I anticipated. Could be right in the middle of the pack if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so many times the last three years.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not as bad as I anticipated. Could be right in the middle of the pack if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so many times the last three years.

If you got a QB that wasn't thrown in as a true freshman, I think you guys are right in the mix. IMO that is the one major problem for Utah. Wilson could have been that guy in his JR and SR year, too bad he got hurt.

Your current recreuit is Donovan Isom from Louisiana.

Good and FREE read up on him:
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/player/donovan-isom/
-compared to EJ Manuel, 6-4, 230lbs with some athleticism but won't be a major running threat.
-22 touchdowns and ONE interception on the year!
If you got a QB that wasn't thrown in as a true freshman, I think you guys are right in the mix. IMO that is the one major problem for Utah. Wilson could have been that guy in his JR and SR year, too bad he got hurt.

Your current recreuit is Donovan Isom from Louisiana.

Good and FREE read up on him:
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/player/donovan-isom/
-compared to EJ Manuel, 6-4, 230lbs with some athleticism but won't be a major running threat.
-22 touchdowns and ONE interception on the year!

Have a couple good prospects coming in. One on a mission then a guy we red shirtted now this guy I wasn't aware of. Only problem is we really don't have anybody for right now, even though our backup has put up decent numbers the last 2.

We haven't had a QB play all season in 5 years now. s**tz getting frustrating.
Steve Sarkisian hired as new USC coach (no confirmation yet)

lol @ USC. Sark is good enough to get 9 or 10 win seasons at USC, but not make them into the powerhouse national title winner.

I think its actually a win for Washington, they don't have to fire him and they can get a guy that can get more than 5 wins in the PAC-12.

lol @ USC. Sark is good enough to get 9 or 10 win seasons at USC, but not make them into the powerhouse national title winner.

I think its actually a win for Washington, they don't have to fire him and they can get a guy that can get more than 5 wins in the PAC-12.

Ive heard it would be a good hire. He has recruiting connections, and could transfer over many of his current recruits seamlessly. His offense is said to fit well with the pieces USC has. He was already an assistant at USC. He took an 0-12 team and has turned them into a bowl team. I don't watch much Washington ball but I was impressed with his team again Oregon St, and despite their loss UCLA. I feel like with USC's resources he can do good things.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Ive heard it would be a good hire. He has recruiting connections, and could transfer over many of his current recruits seamlessly. His offense is said to fit well with the pieces USC has. He was already an assistant at USC. He took an 0-12 team and has turned them into a bowl team. I don't watch much Washington ball but I was impressed with his team again Oregon St, and despite their loss UCLA. I feel like with USC's resources he can do good things.

Getting to a mediocre bowl game @ Washington isn't seen as success by people following the PAC.

I guess a comparison would be Tennessee in the SEC. If a head coach at Tennessee never won more than 5 games in conference, I doubt people would consider him to be a hire @ Alabama.
Getting to a mediocre bowl game @ Washington isn't seen as success by people following the PAC.

I guess a comparison would be Tennessee in the SEC. If a head coach at Tennessee never won more than 5 games in conference, I doubt people would consider him to be a hire @ Alabama.

I guess that's a good comparison. I don't know it's fair though. Fans from the more prestigious schools are always going to feel they should be able to snatch up the top coaches from any school.Expectations and reality are usually at odds with each other. I heard the other choose was James Franklin from Vandy who has finished 8-4 or worse in his time their. I think both of these guys were considered for the offensive minds and ability to turn programs around. A program like Washington really wont ever have the resources or recruiting power to pull guys like USC or Oregon does so I don't hold his consistent loss to Oregon, ASU, USC, Oregon St, or Stanford. I doubt he's been getting out coached.

Sarkisian?!?! Really?

I guess that's a good comparison. I don't know it's fair though. Fans from the more prestigious schools are always going to feel they should be able to snatch up the top coaches from any school.Expectations and reality are usually at odds with each other. I heard the other choose was James Franklin from Vandy who has finished 8-4 or worse in his time their. I think both of these guys were considered for the offensive minds and ability to turn programs around. A program like Washington really wont ever have the resources or recruiting power to pull guys like USC or Oregon does so I don't hold his consistent loss to Oregon, ASU, USC, Oregon St, or Stanford. I doubt he's been getting out coached.

As an SC alum, I'm a bit conflicted with the hire; more specifically, non-hire of Orgeron.

As much as fans would like to discount what Sark has done up north, he did make the Huskies respectable again and recruited well. Washington isn't sporting Oregon type facilities or LA type atmosphere. Sark did well without those two huge advantages.

I keep trying to tell myself "remember when Pete was hired". I was not a fan and predicted the extension of the Hacket years.

My personal pick was Orgeron, after that I was game for anyone not Jack Del Rio.

I think you are totally underestimating how big a program Washington is. Yes they sucked in the 2000s.

But Washington is I would say the 3rd most well funded football program in the PAC-12, only USC and Oregon (due to Nike) have more money at their disposal. They are at $82 million in revenue, only Oregon and probably USC have more revenue in the PAC.

Only USC has won more PAC-10 titles since 1978 (start of Pac-10). Washington is tied with UCLA in 2nd place with 7 (Oregon has 6).
Holy s**t, Ed Orgeron rage quitted, lol!
Holy s**t, Ed Orgeron rage quitted, lol!

He could have been Asst Head Coach and one of the top paid Asst Coaches in the country. It isnt like the guy has some great track record where major colleges are going to come calling. I think he made a mistake.