There are 204 users in the forums

2013 Pac-12 Football

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
5 more days for the Ducks

Can't wait to see me a 50-point game

Marcus Mariota!!!!!

I heard on the radio here in Hawaii a week ago that Marcus Mariota would've went to Hawaii but they didn't bother recruiting him. lol

UH misses out on so much talent cause they overlook the hometown boys or don't bother recruiting cause they feel they might not have a chance.

Ouch... you guys missed out big time! Can't wait to see what type of numbers he puts up this year. I just hope he stays for one more year and doesn't bounce after his sophomore year
Where are all the die-hard USC fans??

they don't exist
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
5 more days for the Ducks

Can't wait to see me a 50-point game

Marcus Mariota!!!!!

I heard on the radio here in Hawaii a week ago that Marcus Mariota would've went to Hawaii but they didn't bother recruiting him. lol

UH misses out on so much talent cause they overlook the hometown boys or don't bother recruiting cause they feel they might not have a chance.

Ouch... you guys missed out big time! Can't wait to see what type of numbers he puts up this year. I just hope he stays for one more year and doesn't bounce after his sophomore year

Man did you see how easy UH stopped USC for three quarters. I swear, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Oregon St. are gonna roll over USC with ease.
Man did you see how easy UH stopped USC for three quarters. I swear, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Oregon St. are gonna roll over USC with ease.

I wish we were, but we don't play them this year But yeah I think they're going to be pretty bad.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I wish we were, but we don't play them this year But yeah I think they're going to be pretty bad.

Wow I thought they play each other every year, guess not now with the new PAC-12. Gonna be fun watching Mariota, frickin guy like a god here in Hawaii now, Hawaii News is always keeping up with him.

Anyway good luck to the Ducks!!!! Tell me you guys play Stanford at least, that will be the game to watch this year IMO. Love that Stanford QB Kevin Hogan, I'm betting Stanford dishes out another #1 overall pick.
Missed the Hawaii-USC game Kolohe, was watching Rutgers-Fresno State game that went to OT.

But I was watching the stat line, USC must have looked awful

How does Hawaii feel about Norm Chow? Honestly I feel like he is over rated. He built a great reputation as OC with Carrol during USC's golden years but since then I feel like he has under performed ever since.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Missed the Hawaii-USC game Kolohe, was watching Rutgers-Fresno State game that went to OT.

How does Hawaii feel about Norm Chow? Honestly I feel like he is over rated. He built a great reputation as OC with Carrol during USC's golden years but since then I feel like he has under performed ever since.

USC's offense LOOKED awful. If their defense doesn't make plays, I'm not sure they even win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Will get to Norm Chow in a second.

But first I wanna say Hawaii's Run-D was friggin awesome, they couldn't break anything long until the fourth quarter when the defense was tired. And even though Marques Lee had a few catches, UH's Nequan Phillips held his own, I think Marques Lee is so overrated. Our secondary filled with young talent held USC's air attack fairly well that USC had to bench their starter. Although it was a moral victory, UH did some good things to build on and Lame Kiffin will be out soon I don't doubt that one bit.

As for Norm Chow, to the average-bandwagon fans here in Hawaii, most want Norm Chow gone. Yes, most will think hes overrated, but this is his first shot at a head coaching gig and for the most part his recruiting has been probably the best Hawaii has ever seen. Before with June Jones and McMackin, their recruiting consisted of taking a trip and getting players to walk-on i.e. Colt Brennan, Davone Bess and so on. Also the practices during Chow's era have been up-tempo, its unfortunate it doesn't really transfer to game time. And C'mon all of us know and discussed many times how hard it is to transition from one offense to the next, especially a Run-n-Shoot to Pro Style, most fans in Hawaii don't understand that which leads to jumping the gun to fire Norm Chow....oops almost said Norv Turner. Honestly I'm loving the Norm Chow era, hes doing a lot of good things and hope he out-coaches his contract.

Wow I thought they play each other every year, guess not now with the new PAC-12. Gonna be fun watching Mariota, frickin guy like a god here in Hawaii now, Hawaii News is always keeping up with him.

Anyway good luck to the Ducks!!!! Tell me you guys play Stanford at least, that will be the game to watch this year IMO. Love that Stanford QB Kevin Hogan, I'm betting Stanford dishes out another #1 overall pick.

Yeah since they're in the South, we won't play them every year anymore. But oh yes we definitely play Stanford this year... it'll likely be a game with National Championship implications as well. Stanford screwed us out of a shot at the Natty last year, so I've been waiting for November 7th for a long, long time
This is Colorado's year.

I'm looking forward to seeing Barry Sanders Jr run for Stanford.

Top-25 players from the Pac-12, according to Ted Miller

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
3. Marqise Lee, WR, USC
4. Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
5. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
6. Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
7. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford
8. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
9. David Yankey, OG, Stanford
10. Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
11. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
12. Taylor Kelly, QB, Arizona State
13. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
14. De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon
15. Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington
16. Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
17. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford
18. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OL, UCLA
19. Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC
20. Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
21. Carl Bradford, LB, Arizona State
22. Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
23. Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon
24. Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State
25. Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/60782/pac-12-top-25-for-2013-no-1
Will get to Norm Chow in a second.

But first I wanna say Hawaii's Run-D was friggin awesome, they couldn't break anything long until the fourth quarter when the defense was tired. And even though Marques Lee had a few catches, UH's Nequan Phillips held his own, I think Marques Lee is so overrated. Our secondary filled with young talent held USC's air attack fairly well that USC had to bench their starter. Although it was a moral victory, UH did some good things to build on and Lame Kiffin will be out soon I don't doubt that one bit.

As for Norm Chow, to the average-bandwagon fans here in Hawaii, most want Norm Chow gone. Yes, most will think hes overrated, but this is his first shot at a head coaching gig and for the most part his recruiting has been probably the best Hawaii has ever seen. Before with June Jones and McMackin, their recruiting consisted of taking a trip and getting players to walk-on i.e. Colt Brennan, Davone Bess and so on. Also the practices during Chow's era have been up-tempo, its unfortunate it doesn't really transfer to game time. And C'mon all of us know and discussed many times how hard it is to transition from one offense to the next, especially a Run-n-Shoot to Pro Style, most fans in Hawaii don't understand that which leads to jumping the gun to fire Norm Chow....oops almost said Norv Turner. Honestly I'm loving the Norm Chow era, hes doing a lot of good things and hope he out-coaches his contract.

intreresting read on Chow, I'll keep an eye on you guys
Oregon State

Ducks had 3 guys rush for over 100 yards
Getting ready to watch the UCLA game. I'm a big fan of Brett Hundley
It must be getting boring to be an Oregon fan. I mean not really but maybe Oregon should intentionally drop some snaps or throw a couple of picks. Just to make it interesting.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone