There are 233 users in the forums

[Football] How will Stanford's 2013 season finish?

[Football] How will Stanford's 2013 season finish?

Gardner out for the season smh
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Gardner out for the season smh

Damn, tough break especially with Oregon up next. Easier said than done, but I do think if Stanford beats Oregon and then wins out remaining games, they will end up #2 and play Bama in the title game. And that's regardless of whether FSU and OSU also win out...I think a win over #2 Oregon will start to get Stanford 1st place votes, plus if Notre Dame is still ranked and they beat them, there will be enough in all the different (and ridiculous) criteria to get them to #2 in the BCS. The caveat here, though, is David Shaw HAS to stop taking his foot off the gas in the 2nd half of games and allowing the other team to make it clsoe...blowout wins DO matter.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Damn, tough break especially with Oregon up next. Easier said than done, but I do think if Stanford beats Oregon and then wins out remaining games, they will end up #2 and play Bama in the title game. And that's regardless of whether FSU and OSU also win out...I think a win over #2 Oregon will start to get Stanford 1st place votes, plus if Notre Dame is still ranked and they beat them, there will be enough in all the different (and ridiculous) criteria to get them to #2 in the BCS. The caveat here, though, is David Shaw HAS to stop taking his foot off the gas in the 2nd half of games and allowing the other team to make it clsoe...blowout wins DO matter.

A one loss Stanford will never get in over an undefeated FSU or OSU. I mean you appear fairly certain of this so there's probably no point arguing. FSU is going to be a more popular choice for viewers. Second an Oregon win does not equal the NCG. It certainly doesn't override an undefeated schedule. Third what makes you think Stanford is better than FSU? I mean give me one area Stanford has a heavy advantage? You're Stanford team is fighting close games because the secondary can't cover speedy receivers when the receivers goes underneath the coverage. Its not Shaw. Finally and to be quite frank Oregon, Baylor, and FSU are undefeated and more interesting to watch than Stanford. You're not getting votes because you beat ND and Oregon. Those wins will not make Stanford a shoe in. Voters are not going to muff up the last year of the NCG by denying an undefeated program that meets the eye test. Sorry but no. I mean did you even think about your post. Blowout wins DO matter yet Stanford has 0 and Baylors is putting 70 a game, FSU is putting up 50, and Oregon is atill going HAM. Yea blowout wins matter and Stanford hasn't helped it's case.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
A one loss Stanford will never get in over an undefeated FSU or OSU. I mean you appear fairly certain of this so there's probably no point arguing. FSU is going to be a more popular choice for viewers. Second an Oregon win does not equal the NCG. It certainly doesn't override an undefeated schedule. Third what makes you think Stanford is better than FSU? I mean give me one area Stanford has a heavy advantage? You're Stanford team is fighting close games because the secondary can't cover speedy receivers when the receivers goes underneath the coverage. Its not Shaw. Finally and to be quite frank Oregon, Baylor, and FSU are undefeated and more interesting to watch than Stanford. You're not getting votes because you beat ND and Oregon. Those wins will not make Stanford a shoe in. Voters are not going to muff up the last year of the NCG by denying an undefeated program that meets the eye test. Sorry but no. I mean did you even think about your post. Blowout wins DO matter yet Stanford has 0 and Baylors is putting 70 a game, FSU is putting up 50, and Oregon is atill going HAM. Yea blowout wins matter and Stanford hasn't helped it's case.

Okay.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I agree! Sad thing is they would never let Stanford jump over FSU and they have reason not to. OSU on the other hand is the most overrated team in the top 5. They haven't beat anyone worth a sh*t, there conference is garbage. My logic is if and I stress if Stanford beats Oregon tonight who should be ranked #2 that trumps that last second L to Utah. Stanford with one L>>>>>>Ohio State Undefeated
[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Nov 7, 2013 at 5:01 AM ]
BRING ON OREGON!!! WAR STANFORD!!
The Trees vs. The Ducks.

Can't wait, I think Oregon is going to kill Stanford but I'll be cheering for a close nail biter game. No preference for winner
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The Trees vs. The Ducks.

Can't wait, I think Oregon is going to kill Stanford but I'll be cheering for a close nail biter game. No preference for winner

I dont think they will kill them but Oregon should win. I think the Ducks by 10.
The Trees vs. The Ducks.

31-28 Stanford
I agree! Sad thing is they would never let Stanford jump over FSU and they have reason not to. OSU on the other hand is the most overrated team in the top 5. They haven't beat anyone worth a sh*t, there conference is garbage. My logic is if and I stress if Stanford beats Oregon tonight who should be ranked #2 that trumps that last second L to Utah. Stanford with one L>>>>>>Ohio State Undefeated

Tthat's a whole new level of Pac12 bias. How about you bums win out like errebody else?!

Good luck tonight. I don't really care either way but I do love seeing Stanford's D dominate. It's like poetry en motion.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I dont think they will kill them but Oregon should win. I think the Ducks by 10.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
31-28 Stanford

Stanford does have that good front 7 that can really slow down Oregon's offense.

But its Stanford's QB I'm worried about. Oregon's secondary is pretty good.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
31-28 Stanford

Stanford does have that good front 7 that can really slow down Oregon's offense.

But its Stanford's QB I'm worried about. Oregon's secondary is pretty good.

i think i heard something like this the other day:

Oregon's offense has scored 30+ points for 15 straight games. Stanford's defense has not allowed 30 points in 17 games.

too lazy to check if that's true, but if it is, man this is going to be a crazy game.

#FreeHogan
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Nov 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM ]
Great win!!!
Stanford run game vs Oregon run defense

Stanford run game vs Oregon run defense

They must've ran the same run play 15 times. It really felt like watching a blind kid get pistol whipped.
Share 49ersWebzone