There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Yea...fortunately WC qualifiers are coming up and he won't miss more than 1 La Liga game and 1 CL game. I love the rotations being employed by Martino. This injury could have been a lot severe if Messi was playing 90 minutes every game. Very very fortunate.

Batra is gettin' some playing time too. Montoya should get some too and I like how he's controlling minutes of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc.

Bartra's 2 starts after the Masche injury have been excellent. He is earning himself some playing time even when Masche and Puyol are back.

Bartra has been pretty good in the last few starts. I really hope he continues to get playing time. So far, he has proved himself to be a very reliable CB. Will be interesting if he plays against Real.

lol @ Wishire
Saw this commercial while watching the Argentina / Peru match the other day. You'll enjoy it if you're a Barca fan.

Saw this commercial while watching the Argentina / Peru match the other day. You'll enjoy it if you're a Barca fan.

That is sick. Thanks for sharing.

Neymar scored!!!

Barca 1 - Real 0
Alexis makes it 2-0. Suck it Madrid.
This was an OK Clasico.
- The referee should've called the penalty by Mascherano on Cristiano as well as another yellow on Ramos.
- Messi and Cristiano played OK... not as good as we know they can be. Bale was not good. Neymar was better than the aforementioned three.
- Iniesta caught Khedira and Carvajal both out of position on the Neymar gol.
- Alexis' gol was a beauty
- Iniesta, Valdes, and Pepe were the best players IMO. Pique had a good game as well.

Glad Barca came out on top. Now 6 points ahead of los Blancos
This was an OK Clasico.
- The referee should've called the penalty by Mascherano on Cristiano as well as another yellow on Ramos.
- Messi and Cristiano played OK... not as good as we know they can be. Bale was not good. Neymar was better than the aforementioned three.
- Iniesta caught Khedira and Carvajal both out of position on the Neymar gol.
- Alexis' gol was a beauty
- Iniesta, Valdes, and Pepe were the best players IMO. Pique had a good game as well.

Glad Barca came out on top. Now 6 points ahead of los Blancos

Yea...it wasn't a high quality game that ppl expect. IMO, playing Messi on the right instead of Center was a mistake and threw Barca off. Read Madrid also had some weird starting 11 - playing with 3 CBs and that they sorely missed a play-making mid-fielder. They really need to find a player who can fill in the shoes of Xabi Alonso.

Sanchez's goal was great...I don't understand why Tata won't start him against Real. I'd much rather have Neymar---Messi---Sanchez in the front. Fab is better off as a sub for Xavi or Iniesta in the 2nd half OR you start him in the mid-field with Iniesta playing wide.

lol @ Ray Hudson...he's fukin' awesome. "The Gravity of the moon and the planets into consideration..."
Originally posted by 4ML:
Yea...it wasn't a high quality game that ppl expect. IMO, playing Messi on the right instead of Center was a mistake and threw Barca off. Read Madrid also had some weird starting 11 - playing with 3 CBs and that they sorely missed a play-making mid-fielder. They really need to find a player who can fill in the shoes of Xabi Alonso.

Sanchez's goal was great...I don't understand why Tata won't start him against Real. I'd much rather have Neymar---Messi---Sanchez in the front. Fab is better off as a sub for Xavi or Iniesta in the 2nd half OR you start him in the mid-field with Iniesta playing wide.

I think what hurt madrid the most was the lack of support from the FBs. Obviously they were pinned by neymar and messi. This is why i like messi on the wing. He made one run behind madrid that should've been a goal. He cut inside a couple of times and those runs were menacing.
q
Cesc is not FW. He really should be a super sub with sanchez starting at CF. Anyways if was encouraging to see martino try new things.
Messi out until January.....

He needs to get 100% healthy before he steps on the pitch again. Barca will need him to go for the treble... not to mention how much Argentina needs him for the World Cup.

I'm not as worried for Barca now because of the way they are playing without him. Specially the good surprise that has been Marc Bartra, how well Neymar has fit with the team, and the good play of Alexis Sanchez. Martino's rotations are paying off.

Oh yeah... Alex Song deserves more playing time.
Messi out until January.....

He needs to get 100% healthy before he steps on the pitch again. Barca will need him to go for the treble... not to mention how much Argentina needs him for the World Cup.

I'm not as worried for Barca now because of the way they are playing without him. Specially the good surprise that has been Marc Bartra, how well Neymar has fit with the team, and the good play of Alexis Sanchez. Martino's rotations are paying off.

Oh yeah... Alex Song deserves more playing time.

Yea...it sucks but I'm not worried. If this injury happened in January...then I'd be upset. Neymar and Sanchez are the key...I expect them to dominate over the next 6-7 weeks.
I think Neymar is a superb player. Whether he is in the national team or in Barcelona, his performance is surprisingly good. Now Messi injured, Barcelona will rely on him and team cooperation.Neymar, let his NO.11 shirt http://www.footballtshirtuk.com/Barcelona-Neymar%20-Home-Football-Shirt-20132014-.html and then put a large odd color.
Mexico up 3-0 right now! looking good to make the WC next year