There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Champion is the ultimate goal.
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol can't believe Real Madrid paid $130M for Bale. Seriously? Then they traded Ozil for half that...who IMO is a better player. I'm not a huge fan of Ozil either (too inconsistent) but Bale can completely disappear for long stretches. Seems like a lateral move (at best) for $70M. lol

Bale will bring a lot of fans, a d put the spot light on real which they crave. It's not the greatest move on the field but off the field it's the answer to neymars signing. However they take a huge loss losing ozil they should have sold di maria or modric or someone else to make up the money. Ozil >> Bale, inconsistent? I don't agree he has an off day every now and then, and he should be a better scorer, but he was easily the most creative player on Madrid since he arrived. He has been at the top of laliga in assists for all 3 years. IMO a heck of a player. Arsenal got an absolute steal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,486
Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol can't believe Real Madrid paid $130M for Bale. Seriously? Then they traded Ozil for half that...who IMO is a better player. I'm not a huge fan of Ozil either (too inconsistent) but Bale can completely disappear for long stretches. Seems like a lateral move (at best) for $70M. lol

Bale will bring a lot of fans, a d put the spot light on real which they crave. It's not the greatest move on the field but off the field it's the answer to neymars signing. However they take a huge loss losing ozil they should have sold di maria or modric or someone else to make up the money. Ozil >> Bale, inconsistent? I don't agree he has an off day every now and then, and he should be a better scorer, but he was easily the most creative player on Madrid since he arrived. He has been at the top of laliga in assists for all 3 years. IMO a heck of a player. Arsenal got an absolute steal.

Ozil has been very inconsistent against Barca and other top teams. There were times when Mourinho pulled him off the pitch at half-time. But, I still would have kept him over Di Maria (who is worse) or Modric. I'm glad Ozil is gone and Arsenal finally made a solid move. Had RM signed a quality forward - I'd worry about Ozil a lot. But, it will be fun to watch Ronaldo and Bale on the wings. Hope Barca is read for that.

I also agree that this was a desperate move to counter Neymar's signing...but Neymar's potential is through the roof. Real just signed a guy who is older and is near his peak and his ceiling isn't as high as Neymar and paid twice for it (in fees and wages). He's a fine player...$130M is absurd for him though. He's so over-rated in EPL.
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 4ML:
It's a tough group but I won't call it a group of death. Should be fun. Arsenal may be f**ked...Manu and Chelsea get a cake-walk to the next round.

It's the closest thing to a group of death this year I guess. Barca should win the group with the others on a good fight for second. Atletico should go through as well.

how is that a group of death? Ajax and Celitc are nowhere near the level of Milan and Barca. Now the Arsenal, Naples, Dortmund, and Marseille group, now THAT is the clear cut group of death. Second toughest group would be Group B imo.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Sep 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM ]
need Bolivia to beat Ecuador today, Colombia to take care of Uruguay, and Venezuela needs to beat Peru.

This scenario ONLY keeps the hope alive for Venezuela to stay alive for a spot in the World Cup next year
Ecuador ties, Uruguay wins, Venezuela pretty much doesn't have a shot in hell.
Here's Neymar's goal -- against 3 Portuguese defenders -- during a friendly at Gillette:

http://www.businessinsider.com/neymar-goal-against-portugal-2013-9?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider%2Fsportspage+%28Sports+Page%29
I asked a few months ago but I'll ask again. I'm trying to get one of these new Real Madrid jerseys by Adidas. Does anyone know how these fit? I'm 6 ft 190 lbs.
Ozil 2 games for arsenal 3 assists and basically a hand in all 3 goals today.

Man city just made a huge statement destroying manu
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,486
Excellent job Atletico!



Barca & Atleti with 5 pt. lead over Real.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Excellent job Atletico!



Barca & Atleti with 5 pt. lead over Real.

The Madrid derby was a great game. Exciting all the way to the end.

Messi's recurring right tigh injury is pissing me off.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,486
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Excellent job Atletico!



Barca & Atleti with 5 pt. lead over Real.

The Madrid derby was a great game. Exciting all the way to the end.

Messi's recurring right tigh injury is pissing me off.

Yea...fortunately WC qualifiers are coming up and he won't miss more than 1 La Liga game and 1 CL game. I love the rotations being employed by Martino. This injury could have been a lot severe if Messi was playing 90 minutes every game. Very very fortunate.

Batra is gettin' some playing time too. Montoya should get some too and I like how he's controlling minutes of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]


Jack Wilshere puffing away. My man!
Originally posted by 4ML:
Yea...fortunately WC qualifiers are coming up and he won't miss more than 1 La Liga game and 1 CL game. I love the rotations being employed by Martino. This injury could have been a lot severe if Messi was playing 90 minutes every game. Very very fortunate.

Batra is gettin' some playing time too. Montoya should get some too and I like how he's controlling minutes of Xavi, Iniesta, and Cesc.

Bartra's 2 starts after the Masche injury have been excellent. He is earning himself some playing time even when Masche and Puyol are back.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1577402/javier-hernandez-hints-manchester-united-exit?cc=5901