There are 290 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Ivan Rakitic going from Sevilla to Barca for 20M euros.

Not sure how to feel about this move. I mean he's a good player - but I don't know if he's an upgrade from what we have.

I feel the same way. Hopefully he fits with Luis Enrique's style better than Fabregas? His signing is being talked about as a done deal.

Also:
- Marco Reus has supposedly agreed to Barca's terms. Now the club needs to deal with Borussia Dortmund to complete the transfer.
- Barca and Luis Enrique still have a hard on for Koke.
- The Marquinhos deal will take a bit more time but it will probably happen. Alves will go to PSG.
- Claudio Bravo is in the same boat as Rakitic. It's being talked about like a done deal with Real Sociedad getting Dos Santos from Barca.
- Their pursuit of Cuadrado has regained momentum.
- Jeremy Mathieu is in the lead to complete Barca's foursome of center backs with Pique, Marquinhos, and Bartra.
- Mascherano has extended his contract!!!!
- Barca also wants Lukasz Piszczek from Dortmund
- Looks like Fabregas will play for Mourinho.
- Everybody and their mother wants Arturo Vidal (who can blame them). Juve still saying they're not selling.
Where do you get all your soccer rumors from?
Any rumors of where Jean-Paul Boëtius, from Feyenoord, may end up? Kids young but has a ton of potential, I could see teams like Liverpool or Arsenal going after him. His cousin, Urby Emanuelson, plays for AC Milan.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I feel the same way. Hopefully he fits with Luis Enrique's style better than Fabregas? His signing is being talked about as a done deal.

Also:
- Marco Reus has supposedly agreed to Barca's terms. Now the club needs to deal with Borussia Dortmund to complete the transfer.
- Barca and Luis Enrique still have a hard on for Koke.
- The Marquinhos deal will take a bit more time but it will probably happen. Alves will go to PSG.
- Claudio Bravo is in the same boat as Rakitic. It's being talked about like a done deal with Real Sociedad getting Dos Santos from Barca.
- Their pursuit of Cuadrado has regained momentum.
- Jeremy Mathieu is in the lead to complete Barca's foursome of center backs with Pique, Marquinhos, and Bartra.
- Mascherano has extended his contract!!!!
- Barca also wants Lukasz Piszczek from Dortmund
- Looks like Fabregas will play for Mourinho.
- Everybody and their mother wants Arturo Vidal (who can blame them). Juve still saying they're not selling.

I think all of those moves are decent to good - we do need depth on the roster...but so far we haven't made that big signing that I was expecting. Marquinhos will help and it will be an excellent move. But we knew a splash signing will like going to come after the WC, if at all.

Still hoping for Kun or Vidal - but it'll be difficult to get their clubs to agree on something reasonable.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Where do you get all your soccer rumors from?

I check out www.sport.es, it's a Spanish newspaper from Barcelona. They report a s**t ton of rumors... most of them are just smoke. They reported yesterday that Barca is also looking at Arda Turan.

I also check www.fichajes.com which is also in español.
Fabregas to Chelsea fo 33M euros.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Fabregas to Chelsea fo 33M euros.

They better sign a big name MF to replace him. Rakitic is NOT that guy.
Originally posted by 4ML:
They better sign a big name MF to replace him. Rakitic is NOT that guy.

They still have wet dreams about Koke and Vidal. Hopefully they can get one of them. Vidal is better right now, but Koke is only 22 and familiar with La Liga.

The Spanish newspaper where I get my news and rumors just opened a website in english... check it out: http://www.sport-english.com/en/
Vidal possibly to Real Madrid or Man U. Would be very happy to see Vidal with Real Madrid.
Looking like Xavi is done with both the national team and Barcelona. He will probably play in Catar next season and he also wants to one day coach Barca.

Vidal possibly to Real Madrid or Man U. Would be very happy to see Vidal with Real Madrid.

You're a Real fan? I remember when we used to be friends
Originally posted by vrabbit:

...or Liverpool LOL

Real Madrid would surely repeat as champs with Vidal. God I hope ManU doesn't get Vidal

Lol yeah. When me and my friend started playing Fifa against each other, we used to play "Messi versus Cristiano" games. Since we were new to soccer completely, that's what we called them lol. Well he was always Barca and I was always Real. So now that I'm a fan of the beautiful game, I've stayed liking Real. Even made me mad last year when Barca got Neymar and Real didn't.

H41L, you a Liverpool fan? That's my favorite EPL team. I wouldn't be mad if Liverpool got Vidal.

My teams I root for: EPL - Liverpool, Ligue 1 - AC Monaco (I'm a huge Falcao fan, so I followed him when he went to Monaco; though James will be beast. Can't wait to see healthy Falcao and James), Series A I don't really have a team, don't hate Juventus (that's my friend's team, and he always rolls with them in Fifa, so I end up paying attention to things that happen with them), Bundesliga - Bayern Munich (mainly cause of Götze), and in La Liga - Real Madrid.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Jun 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM ]

Lol yeah. When me and my friend started playing Fifa against each other, we used to play "Messi versus Cristiano" games. Since we were new to soccer completely, that's what we called them lol. Well he was always Barca and I was always Real. So now that I'm a fan of the beautiful game, I've stayed liking Real. Even made me mad last year when Barca got Neymar and Real didn't.

H41L, you a Liverpool fan? That's my favorite EPL team. I wouldn't be mad if Liverpool got Vidal.

My teams I root for: EPL - Liverpool, Ligue 1 - AC Monaco (I'm a huge Falcao fan, so I followed him when he went to Monaco; though James will be beast. Can't wait to see healthy Falcao and James), Series A I don't really have a team, don't hate Juventus (that's my friend's team, and he always rolls with them in Fifa, so I end up paying attention to things that happen with them), Bundesliga - Bayern Munich (mainly cause of Götze), and in La Liga - Real Madrid.

Also have read Falcao (my favorite player) wants to go to Real Madrid (that's if they lose out on Suarez; sounds like he wants Barca or Real) and Liverpool wants Falcao also, along with a lot of other EPL teams.
Share 49ersWebzone