LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by 4ML:
There are some who suggest that Barca is going to go all in this summer transfer season. They'll likely get bant for winter and next summer transfer period - so they'll go out and spend a lot of money. Will also get rid of some of the high profile starters.

13 players on the block including...Alves, Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Alexis, Adriano, Pedro and Tello
That'd be great, if true.

Luis Enrique may be the next manager
Always liked Enrique and will be an excellent hire if we do go in that direction (tiki-taka lives on)

Reached an agreement with Juan Cuadrado
That'd be a really good signing. Neymar - Messi - Cuadrado

-----------------

I want Vidal so bad...he'd be perfect replacement for Xavi. If we can't get Vidal - I'd like Barca to go after either Toni Kroos or Marco Reus.
At CB - I'd like to add Mats Hummels (some suggest he has already agreed to a deal...) and Fabian Schar.

We got our future goalie and two young junior players who were coveted by every big club.

All reports I've seen have Cuadrado replacing Alves at right back. Also, apparently Messi wants el Kun in Barca.
Real tied against Valladolid! La Liga will now more than likely be decided on the last day when Atleti visits the Camp Nou. After everything that Barca has gone through this season, they still have a chance to win the title. Would be a nice goodbye gift for Martino.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
All reports I've seen have Cuadrado replacing Alves at right back. Also, apparently Messi wants el Kun in Barca.

My favorite player (outside of Barca doods) is KUN. I'd LOVE to get him. Cuadrado replacing Alves? Hmm...that's interesting. IMO Cuadrado is more skilled offensively but we'll see how that works. Either way - I think he's a pretty decent signing.

I'm really excited for this summer transfer. I think Barca will go all out to rebuild this team. Enrique is the manager I wanted last season...and even though I was happy with Tata - Enrique belongs at Barca.

Real tied against Valladolid! La Liga will now more than likely be decided on the last day when Atleti visits the Camp Nou. After everything that Barca has gone through this season, they still have a chance to win the title. Would be a nice goodbye gift for Martino.

I don't know what's wrong with this team...but they've to get up for these last 2 games. They can still salvage this season somewhat with a La Liga title.

first let's make sure we get the 3 points at Elche, given how much we've struggled against lower-tier teams (Getafe, Granada, Valladolid) lately
Originally posted by vrabbit:
first let's make sure we get the 3 points at Elche, given how much we've struggled against lower-tier teams (Getafe, Granada, Valladolid) lately

Totally right. They have to come out against Elche with all guns blazing. I wanted to say that if they lose to Elche it would be like adding insult to injury, but we're way past that point.
My favorite player (outside of Barca doods) is KUN. I'd LOVE to get him. Cuadrado replacing Alves? Hmm...that's interesting. IMO Cuadrado is more skilled offensively but we'll see how that works. Either way - I think he's a pretty decent signing.

I'm really excited for this summer transfer. I think Barca will go all out to rebuild this team. Enrique is the manager I wanted last season...and even though I was happy with Tata - Enrique belongs at Barca.

I don't know what's wrong with this team...but they've to get up for these last 2 games. They can still salvage this season somewhat with a La Liga title.

Luis Enrique should bring back the discipline this team has lacked this season.

I would love el Kun playing alongside Messi but he might be too expensive. If, by miracle, they sign Kun, Cuadrado, Vidal, and 2 quality center backs I would be ecstatic. Don't think they will sign all of them. The defense is the priority.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Luis Enrique should bring back the discipline this team has lacked this season.

I would love el Kun playing alongside Messi but he might be too expensive. If, by miracle, they sign Kun, Cuadrado, Vidal, and 2 quality center backs I would be ecstatic. Don't think they will sign all of them. The defense is the priority.

It'll be awfully difficult to pry Kun from ManCity's grasp - especially if they win Premiere League. The management f**ked it up when they signed guys like Cesc, Sanchez, Masch, Song instead of adding a guy like Kun and Silva.

Anyway, I hope this is the season they do the right thing. Go for quality. Ter Stegen is a HUGE improvement over Valdes. Cuadrado is someone who can run with the likes of Ronaldo and Bale. If we can land Hummels or Kompany (as rumored) - that'll give us the muscle and decent speed to size up anyone. I definitely want a huge signing in mid-field and let Cesc go back to Arsenal or ManU. We should have plenty of money if we sell Alves, Sanchez, Cesc, and Song.
It'll be awfully difficult to pry Kun from ManCity's grasp - especially if they win Premiere League. The management f**ked it up when they signed guys like Cesc, Sanchez, Masch, Song instead of adding a guy like Kun and Silva.

Anyway, I hope this is the season they do the right thing. Go for quality. Ter Stegen is a HUGE improvement over Valdes. Cuadrado is someone who can run with the likes of Ronaldo and Bale. If we can land Hummels or Kompany (as rumored) - that'll give us the muscle and decent speed to size up anyone. I definitely want a huge signing in mid-field and let Cesc go back to Arsenal or ManU. We should have plenty of money if we sell Alves, Sanchez, Cesc, and Song.

I agree with all you said. Except that I'm not sure that Ter Stegen is an improvement over Valdes right now... maybe in a couple of years... hope you're right though.

I would also like to keep Mascherano. He can take over the role Alex Song had this past two years (spelling Busquets) which is his natural position. And he can be the 5th center back behind Bartra, Pique, new guy A, and new guy B.

2 quality center backs (Hummels and Kompany?), Vidal, and Cuadrado should be the top priority. Ter Stegen is in and don't forget the young Halilovic who will start in Barca B but is a very promising midfielder.

Do you think they'll bring back Rafinha and Deulofeu or loan them again? I think Rafinha will come home. Especially if Cesc is gone.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I agree with all you said. Except that I'm not sure that Ter Stegen is an improvement over Valdes right now... maybe in a couple of years... hope you're right though.

I would also like to keep Mascherano. He can take over the role Alex Song had this past two years (spelling Busquets) which is his natural position. And he can be the 5th center back behind Bartra, Pique, new guy A, and new guy B.

2 quality center backs (Hummels and Kompany?), Vidal, and Cuadrado should be the top priority. Ter Stegen is in and don't forget the young Halilovic who will start in Barca B but is a very promising midfielder.

Do you think they'll bring back Rafinha and Deulofeu or loan them again? I think Rafinha will come home. Especially if Cesc is gone.

I was never a fan of Valdes - He can makes some great stops but lets easy ones in. IMO Stegen is an improvement off the bat

I just think Masch can be sold for a nice value - but yes, I agree with everything you said about him. I'd like to keep him if we aren't gettin' fair value.

Really excited about Halilovic. Hopefully he continues to progress and we may see him with the in 3 years.

I think Rafinha must be brought back. He's plays a more aggressive style in the mid-field - which was missing this season. IMO Deulofeu will be served better by staying another year in PL - but if Sanchez and Tello leave - we should bring him back.

As for the CBs are concerned - rumors suggest Barca agreed to a deal with David Luiz. Not my first choice - but he's a really good player. Definitely a huge upgrade over what we have. But, these are rumors and right now Barca is pretty much attached to any top level CB. I want Hummels badly..but will be happy with Luiz.

http://www.barcablaugranes.com/fc-barcelona-transfer-rumours-news/2014/5/5/5684134/report-fc-barcelona-david-luiz-chelsea

What has happened to Barca? Too many world class players with only one competition to worry about for this string of games. Messi wants to get payed 20mil plus yet he shows zero effort. Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Neymar...I mean WTF?! I don't even think Martino has any control right now either, and for that reason he needs to be sacked. It's unfortunate the Barca-DNA braintrust overwhelmed but damn you have to motivate a string of wins out of your last 4 games when you're in this type of situation.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
What has happened to Barca? Too many world class players with only one competition to worry about for this string of games. Messi wants to get payed 20mil plus yet he shows zero effort. Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Neymar...I mean WTF?! I don't even think Martino has any control right now either, and for that reason he needs to be sacked. It's unfortunate the Barca-DNA braintrust overwhelmed but damn you have to motivate a string of wins out of your last 4 games when you're in this type of situation.

Too much drama off the field. Players don't trust the system and the ppl in charge. Too much negativity around the players. That leads to lack of focus during practices and being unprepared for the games.

Martino is done. It's time for Enrique and rebuild.

Having said all that - la liga title is still in their hands. RM lost and AM tied. So, nothing has really changed except RM is now completely out of the running for la liga title.

Too much drama off the field. Players don't trust the system and the ppl in charge. Too much negativity around the players. That leads to lack of focus during practices and being unprepared for the games.

Having said all that - la liga title is still in their hands. RM lost and AM tied. So, nothing has really changed except RM is now completely out of the running for la liga title.

do you have ANY faith on Barca winning on Sunday? ANY?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Nope. None. That's why I didn't get all that excited last week. This team has checked out. They're all Roy Hibberts. They don't really give a f**k. It sucks but I don't really really care all that much if they win the title or not to be honest with you. IMO - the season was a huge disappointment and even if they win the title - it'd be more as a result of Atletico losing it than Barca winning it.

If they win the title - ppl can say it wasn't a complete failure but to me - it doesn't change anything. IMO - it's may better for the future of Barca (can't believe I'm saying this...) if they don't win the title lol

I know this - they don't deserve winning la liga.

Nope. None. That's why I didn't get all that excited last week. This team has checked out. They're all Roy Hibberts. They don't really give a f**k. It sucks but I don't really really care all that much if they win the title or not to be honest with you. IMO - the season was a huge disappointment and even if they win the title - it'd be more as a result of Atletico losing it than Barca winning it.

If they win the title - ppl can say it wasn't a complete failure but to me - it doesn't change anything. IMO - it's may better for the future of Barca (can't believe I'm saying this...) if they don't win the title lol

I know this - they don't deserve winning la liga.

I agree 100%

Except if they come out and absolutely DOMINATE this weekend, then I would be like
Share 49ersWebzone