LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by vrabbit:
man I wish joshuatree was around

Lol. That's exactly what I was thinking after the 3rd goal. Man, this Madrid side is finally coming together. Bale/Ronaldo combo is so ridiculous.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lol this but knowing him he would have gone AWOL
Originally posted by 4ML:

Lol this but knowing him he would have gone AWOL

y'all know I'm a Barca fan but I couldn't help but enjoy that just because of this dude alone.

Besides I'm a soccer fan first and foremost and Real did the damn thing. All that said I hope they lose to final (to Atletico, preferably).
Atletico!!!
Chelsea lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Atletico!!!

That was fukin' awesome to watch.
Would've liked to see Real beat Mourinho but am happy that Atletico is in the final. Simeone has done a great job and I hope they win.

As for Barca, I agree that changes are needed. That back line is horrible. Get rid of Song and leave Masche as the backup to Busquets, sign two defenders... And Ter Stegen is coming. That is the minimum that needs to change. Alves and Sanchez are probably gone. Gonna need a RB. Deulofeu might be back but don't know how Ray he is. Same with Rafinha.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Would've liked to see Real beat Mourinho but am happy that Atletico is in the final. Simeone has done a great job and I hope they win.

As for Barca, I agree that changes are needed. That back line is horrible. Get rid of Song and leave Masche as the backup to Busquets, sign two defenders... And Ter Stegen is coming. That is the minimum that needs to change. Alves and Sanchez are probably gone. Gonna need a RB. Deulofeu might be back but don't know how Ray he is. Same with Rafinha.

I'm not giving up on our style of play though. Barca definitely needs a competent back line. Along with Sanchez and Alves - I'd also let Fab go to ManU and my big signing of the summer season would be Vidal. That's the guy we need to go after. Of course, Stegen and Hummels are big signing as well but Vidal will really help Barca control the mid-field like they did couple years ago. Then we need reinforcements at RB and up front to play along side Messi and Neymar.
I gotta say, I like the idea of the 2016 Copa America Centenario, but I don't know if I like the idea of it being a regular event.

CLASS.

Just class all the way.

• jimrat
  • Veteran

I will be keeping an eye on Bundesliga this weekend, my boy Juan Arango may get a chance to be in the Champions League next season if Borussia Monchengladbach is able to beat Wolfsburg on the road and Bayer Leverkusen loses at home vs Werder Bremen. Highly unlikely, but a man can dream.

It's really a shame Arango hasn't been able to get more exposure throughout his career. He's a special lefty.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

CLASS.

Just class all the way.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
There are some who suggest that Barca is going to go all in this summer transfer season. They'll likely get bant for winter and next summer transfer period - so they'll go out and spend a lot of money. Will also get rid of some of the high profile starters.

13 players on the block including...Alves, Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Alexis, Adriano, Pedro and Tello
That'd be great, if true.

Luis Enrique may be the next manager
Always liked Enrique and will be an excellent hire if we do go in that direction (tiki-taka lives on)

Reached an agreement with Juan Cuadrado
That'd be a really good signing. Neymar - Messi - Cuadrado

-----------------

I want Vidal so bad...he'd be perfect replacement for Xavi. If we can't get Vidal - I'd like Barca to go after either Toni Kroos or Marco Reus.
At CB - I'd like to add Mats Hummels (some suggest he has already agreed to a deal...) and Fabian Schar.

We got our future goalie and two young junior players who were coveted by every big club.

Share 49ersWebzone