LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Looks like Victor Valdez's Barcelona career is over. Got injured in the 1st half today and is done for 6 months. Horrible injury at a horrible time for Barcelona. He's even missing the World Cup.

Honestly...I don't think there is much difference between Valdes and Pinto. Valdes does some stupid f**kin' s**t that pisses me off...same as Pinto. Now, I feel terrible for Valdes that he got hurt...especially because he will miss the WC - but Pinto will be just as good or bad as Valdes.

...what I'm excited about...Barca's destiny is finally in their own hands in La Liga. Atletico Madrid has to play at Camp Nou in the last week. If Barca doesn't win the La Liga title this year - they only have themselves to blame. It will be pretty good achievement considering top 3 teams from La Liga made it to final 8 in Champions League.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
In 3 days, Real Madrid has gone from 1st place and 3 points clear to 3rd place and 3 points behind.

It's a great race for the La Liga title.

That's what happens when you keep blaming the refs for several days and act as if this is some conspiracy. Ramos keeps saying he didn't touch Neymar even though video evidence clearly shows he did. RM even appealed his red-card only to get rejected lol
Originally posted by 4ML:
Honestly...I don't think there is much difference between Valdes and Pinto. Valdes does some stupid f**kin' s**t that pisses me off...same as Pinto. Now, I feel terrible for Valdes that he got hurt...especially because he will miss the WC - but Pinto will be just as good or bad as Valdes.

...what I'm excited about...Barca's destiny is finally in their own hands in La Liga. Atletico Madrid has to play at Camp Nou in the last week. If Barca doesn't win the La Liga title this year - they only have themselves to blame. It will be pretty good achievement considering top 3 teams from La Liga made it to final 8 in Champions League.

Theres a difference. Believe me. You'll see. Pinto gonna f**k up.

But hooray for turning over the league in 4 days. It was weird because after christmas Martino was resting key players frequently even though our form was struggling. Now we're on the last stretch, and I've never seen this team with so much energy at this stage.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

Theres a difference. Believe me. You'll see. Pinto gonna f**k up.

But hooray for turning over the league in 4 days. It was weird because after christmas Martino was resting key players frequently even though our form was struggling. Now we're on the last stretch, and I've never seen this team with so much energy at this stage.

Definitely Pinto will f**k up...but Valdes was prone to that too. Pinto can sometimes be overly excited.

Yea...Martino was pissing me off. Keeping Xavi out of the lineup and Iniesta getting subbed in instead of starting. They look like they're peeking right now.

I was watching that game against RM and half the game I was telling myself - La Liga is gone. Lol..things change so fast.
[ Edited by 4ML on Mar 27, 2014 at 2:38 AM ]
1 Chelsea 32 - 69
2 Liverpool 31 - 68
3 Man City 29 - 66
4 Arsenal 31 - 63

Arsenal beats Man City tonight and Liverpool beats Tottenham tomorrow. Plus both Chelsea and ManCity still have to square off against the Reds... Premiership coming home to Anfield!

Reds in the drivers seat ! ! !
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Reds in the drivers seat ! ! !

First Place! Here are the remaining fixtures...

Liverpool
@ West Ham (11th)
vs. ManCity (3rd)
@ Norwich (15th)
vs. Chelsea (2nd)
@ Crystal Palace (16th)
vs. Newcastle (9th)

Chelsea (plus CL match ups vs. PSG)
vs. Stoke City (10th)
@ Swansea City (13th)
vs. Sunderland (19th)
@ Liverpool (1st)
vs. Norwich (15th)
@ Cardiff City (18th)

ManCity
vs. Southampton (8th)
@ Liverpool (1st)
vs. Sunderland (19th)
Vs. West Brom (17th)
@ Crystal Palace (16th)

...and Arsenal could f**k off at this point.
[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Mar 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM ]
Didn't even realize there was a soccer thread!

YNWA my house was rocking last night, spurs didn't even wanna be there.

Apparently Sherwood punched soldado?

• 4ML
  • Veteran

1-1 @ Camp Nou is a huge win for Atleti. Barca will have to play at their best if they were to advance in CL. Just pissed at so many missed opportunities but then again - they deserve credit for great defense and goal-keeping though.

1-1 @ Camp Nou is a huge win for Atleti. Barca will have to play at their best if they were to advance in CL. Just pissed at so many missed opportunities but then again - they deserve credit for great defense and goal-keeping though.

Atleti has the best defense in La Liga and the Champion League with a great GK in Cortuois. I wish they would've picked up another during that spell in the last 20 minutes where the on fire. I'm just glad they made it out with a draw.
Atleti has the best defense in la liga and the champions league with a great gk in Courtois. I wish they wouldve picked up a 2nd during that period where the were on fire during the end of the game but at least they go to the vincente calderon level.
Man U was pretty good today. I thought they were going to get demolished but they held their own. Good result for them but I just don't see them going further than next game, gonna be hard to even get a result against Bayern at home
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

Atleti has the best defense in La Liga and the Champion League with a great GK in Cortuois. I wish they would've picked up another during that spell in the last 20 minutes where the on fire. I'm just glad they made it out with a draw.

Yea...should have scored 2nd in that stretch. Gonna be difficult at Calderon.

Originally posted by babyshaq90:
Man U was pretty good today. I thought they were going to get demolished but they held their own. Good result for them but I just don't see them going further than next game, gonna be hard to even get a result against Bayern at home

Yea...I'll shocked if Bayern doesn't rape ManU at home.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
https

Great goals. Amazing shot by Diego and amazing pass by Iniesta.
Share 49ersWebzone