LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by joshuatree:
Top 5 Club History
1. Early 70's Ajax: 4 Finals in 5 years (3 Titles)
2. Early 90's Milan: 5 Finals in 7 years (3 Titles
3. 50-60's Madrid: 8 Finals in 11 years (6 Titles)
4. 60-70's Liverpool: 5 Finals in 9 years (4 Titles
5. 70's Bayern: 3x Titles
6. 60's Benfica: 5 FInals in 8 years (2 Titles)

Late 90's - Early 2000's Madrid: 3 Titles in 4 years
2000's Milan: 3 Finals in 4 years (2 Titles)
60's Inter: 3 Finals in 4 years (2 Titles)
2000's Man U: 3 Finals in 4 years (1 Title)

Current Bayern: 3 Finals in 4 Years (1 Title)
Pep's Barcelona: 3 Titles in 6 years

Bayern win this year: 4 Finals in 5 years (2 Titles)
Bayern wins next year with Lewandowski: 5 Finals in 6 years (3 Titles)

If Munchen wins 3 straight, they will eclipse Barca in everyones eyes. Better pray for Real Madrid to stop them.
What are you talking about?

Bayern trophy count:

2011-0
2012-0
2013-3

Barca trophy count under Guardiola:
2006-3 CL
2007-2
2008-3 CL
2009-4
2010-3 CL
2011-2

I mean I don't even know what to think because you're talking about Bayern winning 3 strait when they haven't even won 2. This is really hyperbole central so I don't want to debate things that are clearly matters of opinion. I will say in most peoples eyes this Barca team was one of the greatest of all time, and they've been a good watch so I don't see why you're trying to diminish that.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Top 5 Club History
1. Early 70's Ajax: 4 Finals in 5 years (3 Titles)
2. Early 90's Milan: 5 Finals in 7 years (3 Titles
3. 50-60's Madrid: 8 Finals in 11 years (6 Titles)
4. 60-70's Liverpool: 5 Finals in 9 years (4 Titles
5. 70's Bayern: 3x Titles
6. 60's Benfica: 5 FInals in 8 years (2 Titles)

Late 90's - Early 2000's Madrid: 3 Titles in 4 years
2000's Milan: 3 Finals in 4 years (2 Titles)
60's Inter: 3 Finals in 4 years (2 Titles)
2000's Man U: 3 Finals in 4 years (1 Title)

Current Bayern: 3 Finals in 4 Years (1 Title)
Pep's Barcelona: 3 Titles in 6 years

Bayern win this year: 4 Finals in 5 years (2 Titles)
Bayern wins next year with Lewandowski: 5 Finals in 6 years (3 Titles)

If Munchen wins 3 straight, they will eclipse Barca in everyones eyes. Better pray for Real Madrid to stop them.

Bayern trophy count:

2011-0
2012-0
2013-3

2006-3 CL
2007-2
2008-3 CL
2009-4
2010-3 CL
2011-2

I mean I don't even know what to think because you're talking about Bayern winning 3 strait when they haven't even won 2. This is really hyperbole central so I don't want to debate things that are clearly matters of opinion. I will say in most peoples eyes this Barca team was one of the greatest of all time, and they've been a good watch so I don't see why you're trying to diminish that.

lool...I have no clue what he's talking about. I think he's just trolling now lol

Bayern trophy count:

2011-0
2012-0
2013-3

2006-3 CL
2007-2
2008-3 CL
2009-4
2010-3 CL
2011-2

2013 - 1

Bayern is head & shoulders above everyone else. And they are adding one of the top Strikers on the globe to their only "weakness".

That will make it
2 straight titles and 4 Finals in 5 seasons. I would put that above Pep's Barcelona
[ Edited by joshuatree on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:21 PM ]
2013 - 1

Bayern is head & shoulders above everyone else. And they are adding one of the top Strikers on the globe to their only "weakness".

That will make it
2 straight titles and 4 Finals in 5 seasons. I would put that above Pep's Barcelona

Dude apparently you don't watch much soccer. Bayern is not head and shoulder above everyone else. The CL has nothing to do with the eye contest either. Example Chelsea 2012(beat your beloved Bayern by parking the bus). I like Levandowski too but Lionel Messi is better. Ultimately they haven't won a 2nd title yet either so you have no evidence with which to argue with. In fact even if they were to win a 2nd title in row it wouldn't eclipse Peps Barca. Bayern is fun to watch but they didn't revolutionize the game. Real plays the same formation and they play it better. Managers all around Europe spent sleepless nights trying to crack Peps 4-3-3. This team had more wins in it too but the board bought the wrong players, passed on the right ones, let the wrong players go.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
2013 - 1

That will make it

Dude apparently you don't watch much soccer. Bayern is not head and shoulder above everyone else. The CL has nothing to do with the eye contest either. Example Chelsea 2012(beat your beloved Bayern by parking the bus). I like Levandowski too but Lionel Messi is better. Ultimately they haven't won a 2nd title yet either so you have no evidence with which to argue with. In fact even if they were to win a 2nd title in row it wouldn't eclipse Peps Barca. Bayern is fun to watch but they didn't revolutionize the game. Real plays the same formation and they play it better. Managers all around Europe spent sleepless nights trying to crack Peps 4-3-3. This team had more wins in it too but the board bought the wrong players, passed on the right ones, let the wrong players go.

lol this.

Simple-minded ppl just look at only titles and compare. Analysts, coaches, ex-players who understand the game - they go deeper than just titles won and lost. Doubt majority of analyst will put Bayern anywhere close to Pep's Barca even if they win the 2nd title in a row.

And yes...they haven't won it yet. So...wtf kind of discussion is this? If they win two straight...three straight? lol...they won 1 title of any significance. No one gives a f**k about Bundesliga...and now someone is talkin' about them as one of the greatest teams ever? Gosh...I don't root for ManU but I hope they beat Bayern just to shut this nonsense up.

"Revolutionizing the game" is in the eye of the beholder. Holding possession is not revolutionary.

Fine, we shall put this discussion on hold for 2 months until Bayern goes back 2 back.
"Revolutionizing the game" is in the eye of the beholder. Holding possession is not revolutionary.

Fine, we shall put this discussion on hold for 2 months until Bayern goes back 2 back.

Indeed and a majority of football analysts would agree with the statement so you could call it a truth. It has nothing to do with possession either, and you must've not watched Barcelona much during their run if that all you think it was about. I get it thought. You're a Bayern fan. They're a good team, and highly entertaining but you clearly have a bias which is fine because most Barca fans think they invented football. But yea winning that 2nd CL is key for them to even enter the discussion and even then 2 years of success doesn't counteract the 2 year drought. It's about sustaining success. Barca is still competing for every possible trophy despite a supposed down year that was played without Messi for most the season.

Jozy and the Black Cats vs. Liverpool!
In 3 days, Real Madrid has gone from 1st place and 3 points clear to 3rd place and 3 points behind.

It's a great race for the La Liga title.
Originally posted by NinerAce:
In 3 days, Real Madrid has gone from 1st place and 3 points clear to 3rd place and 3 points behind.

Yeah for the top three teams. The rest of the league sucks balls.

Looks like Victor Valdez's Barcelona career is over. Got injured in the 1st half today and is done for 6 months. Horrible injury at a horrible time for Barcelona. He's even missing the World Cup.
Originally posted by NinerAce:

That's what i dont get about La Liga . It has been RMA or Barcelona win the Liga the last 50 years it seems.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

HaHa!... ... thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

Even more pathetic considering Barca/Real were granted questionable loans by Spanish Banks (Bailed out by the European Union)
word, when I play FIFA seasons in La Liga I'm always trying to be a different team so I can know down both Barca/RM
Share 49ersWebzone