LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

• sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/20/major-league-soccer-purchases-chivas-usa?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

MLS buys Chivas USA with plans to sell it to stable ownership that will build a new stadium in LA *cough* Kroenke *cough*

They also plan to completely rebrand the team

In the coming months, the league will resell the club to a new ownership group that will be committed to building a new stadium and keeping the team in Los Angeles. The league has had initial discussions with a number of very qualified potential owners and intends to finalize an agreement with a new group sometime this year.

The club will play as Chivas USA during the 2014 MLS season and will be rebranded with a new team name and logo in connection with the sale to a new owner.

Or may AEG will use this as a spring board to a shared MLS/NFL stadium?
Originally posted by sfout:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/20/major-league-soccer-purchases-chivas-usa?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

MLS buys Chivas USA with plans to sell it to stable ownership that will build a new stadium in LA *cough* Kroenke *cough*

In the coming months, the league will resell the club to a new ownership group that will be committed to building a new stadium and keeping the team in Los Angeles. The league has had initial discussions with a number of very qualified potential owners and intends to finalize an agreement with a new group sometime this year.

The club will play as Chivas USA during the 2014 MLS season and will be rebranded with a new team name and logo in connection with the sale to a new owner.

Originally posted by sfout:

would it even be worth it for the low fan attendance of MLS games?? You have to open a 80,000 stadium to have it 10% full...
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by NinerAce:
Definitely deserved it. I'm glad he won it and not Ribery. Had Messi stayed healthy - he would have won it again...but it was not to be. This year...he needs to stay healthy. I'm a fan of Argentina (Maradona was my fav. player) and will be rooting hard for them in the WC. If that defense is up to task...they have a great shot at it bc no team in the World has that much firepower up front.

We have a lot in common, bro...
NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca
World Cup - Argentina (have always liked Argentina. Specially Maxi Rodriguez and remember seeing in the 06 World Cup when Messi came in for him. Been a fan ever since)

And, yes, I predict a 5 time Ballon d'Or winner next year.

Are you American?

Yeup but Maradona is the reason why I started to watch and play Soccer as a kid - and then became a Barca fan. Messi has been my favorite player since his debut at Barca...so it's an easy choice. I've rooted for Argentina for more than two decades. I don't care about rooting for someone bc they represent my country or community.

No offense, but I will never understand this. If you're from a certain country, wouldn't you want to root for YOUR country?? I feel like the great thing about soccer is that everybody in the world plays it, so when your country plays, its a matter of national pride. Yea you can have favorite clubs and players, but at the national level, I would never root for anyone other than my country.
Originally posted by JDM_DC4:
Definitely deserved it. I'm glad he won it and not Ribery. Had Messi stayed healthy - he would have won it again...but it was not to be. This year...he needs to stay healthy. I'm a fan of Argentina (Maradona was my fav. player) and will be rooting hard for them in the WC. If that defense is up to task...they have a great shot at it bc no team in the World has that much firepower up front.

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca
World Cup - Argentina (have always liked Argentina. Specially Maxi Rodriguez and remember seeing in the 06 World Cup when Messi came in for him. Been a fan ever since)

Are you American?

Yeup but Maradona is the reason why I started to watch and play Soccer as a kid - and then became a Barca fan. Messi has been my favorite player since his debut at Barca...so it's an easy choice. I've rooted for Argentina for more than two decades. I don't care about rooting for someone bc they represent my country or community.

No offense, but I will never understand this. If you're from a certain country, wouldn't you want to root for YOUR country?? I feel like the great thing about soccer is that everybody in the world plays it, so when your country plays, its a matter of national pride. Yea you can have favorite clubs and players, but at the national level, I would never root for anyone other than my country.

I agree with you. BUT... this is 'Merica. Freedom to root for Argentina!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Are you American?

Yes, well everyone is different. I've never been the kind who roots for teams just because they're local. To me - that makes no sense. Unless you're related to me or a friend of mine - what does it matter if you live in the same town or the other side of the World? This isn't World War.

I became a Niner fan and a Giants fan ONLY because I watched Montana and Barry Bonds play in front of my eyes in a stadium as a kid. I tried to imitate them in school. I started playing soccer because of Maradona...and I was so young - I didn't care where I was born. He was the most amazing player I had seen.

When I watch Messi - he reminds me of my childhood. Reminds me of the love I had for the game of soccer...and I don't give a f**k where I was born - I'm going to root for him and his team. I don't expect anyone to understand and nor should one try to understand the psyche of a fan(atic).
[ Edited by 4ML on Mar 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM ]
Yes, well everyone is different. I've never been the kind who roots for teams just because they're local. To me - that makes no sense. Unless you're related to me or a friend of mine
When I watch Messi - he reminds me of my childhood. Reminds me of the love I had for the game of soccer...and I don't give a f**k where I was born - I'm going to root for him and his team. I don't expect anyone to understand and nor should one try to understand the psyche of a fan(atic).

Yeah!!! Go Argentina!!!

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Are you American?

Yes, well everyone is different. I've never been the kind who roots for teams just because they're local. To me - that makes no sense. Unless you're related to me or a friend of mine - what does it matter if you live in the same town or the other side of the World? This isn't World War.

I became a Niner fan and a Giants fan ONLY because I watched Montana and Barry Bonds play in front of my eyes in a stadium as a kid. I tried to imitate them in school. I started playing soccer because of Maradona...and I was so young - I didn't care where I was born. He was the most amazing player I had seen.

fair enough. I'll take your advice and not try to understand it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
barca lost again

Teams I'm Rooting For
1. Germany
2. UEFA
3. USA

Teams I'm Rooting Against
1. Argentina
2. Russia
3. Spain
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
MESSI...!!!
MESSI...!!!

They need to improve though. Their next opponent in the Champions League will also be one of the big teams and they need to get back in the La Liga race.
Chelsea chokes and gains no ground

Man U is going to get it tomorrow Let's go REDS!!

Share 49ersWebzone