There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by NinerAce:
Ballon d'Or results:
1 - Cristiano Ronaldo (28% of the votes)
2 - Lionel Messi (25%)
3 - Frank Ribery (23%)

Congrats to Ronaldo on his second award!

Definitely deserved it. I'm glad he won it and not Ribery. Had Messi stayed healthy - he would have won it again...but it was not to be. This year...he needs to stay healthy. I'm a fan of Argentina (Maradona was my fav. player) and will be rooting hard for them in the WC. If that defense is up to task...they have a great shot at it bc no team in the World has that much firepower up front.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Definitely deserved it. I'm glad he won it and not Ribery. Had Messi stayed healthy - he would have won it again...but it was not to be. This year...he needs to stay healthy. I'm a fan of Argentina (Maradona was my fav. player) and will be rooting hard for them in the WC. If that defense is up to task...they have a great shot at it bc no team in the World has that much firepower up front.

We have a lot in common, bro...
NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca
World Cup - Argentina (have always liked Argentina. Specially Maxi Rodriguez and remember seeing in the 06 World Cup when Messi came in for him. Been a fan ever since)

And, yes, I predict a 5 time Ballon d'Or winner next year.

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca
World Cup - Argentina (have always liked Argentina. Specially Maxi Rodriguez and remember seeing in the 06 World Cup when Messi came in for him. Been a fan ever since)

Are you American?
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Are you American?

Yeup but Maradona is the reason why I started to watch and play Soccer as a kid - and then became a Barca fan. Messi has been my favorite player since his debut at Barca...so it's an easy choice. I've rooted for Argentina for more than two decades. I don't care about rooting for someone bc they represent my country or community.

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Great minds :)
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Congratulations to CR7 defiantly deserved it. Especially after the the way he put Portugal on his back during the knockout games against Sweden.

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Are you American?

Yeup but Maradona is the reason why I started to watch and play Soccer as a kid - and then became a Barca fan. Messi has been my favorite player since his debut at Barca...so it's an easy choice. I've rooted for Argentina for more than two decades. I don't care about rooting for someone bc they represent my country or community.

NFL - 49ers
Club Football - Barca

Are you American?

Yeup
Just after Messi comes back, Neymar goes down for 3 to 4 weeks.
Just after Messi comes back, Neymar goes down for 3 to 4 weeks.

Annoying as hell...and tied at 1-1 at halftime
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM ]

Messi to Tello for 3 assists

Those 3 passes could not have been more perfect... my favorite was the sequence before Tello's second gol.

I don't think Tello has a lot of time left in Barca because:
- He will never unseat Messi, Neymar, Alexis or Pedro... thus won't get enough playing time and I don't think Barca trusts Tello enough to get rid of Pedro or Alexis in his favor.
- Barca can sell him (they are 300 million euros in debt)... they could get Gerard Deulofeu back from the Premier League, or bring Jean Marie Dongou from Barca B to replace him.

Those 3 passes could not have been more perfect... my favorite was the sequence before Tello's second gol.

I don't think Tello has a lot of time left in Barca because:
- He will never unseat Messi, Neymar, Alexis or Pedro... thus won't get enough playing time and I don't think Barca trusts Tello enough to get rid of Pedro or Alexis in his favor.
- Barca can sell him (they are 300 million euros in debt)... they could get Gerard Deulofeu back from the Premier League, or bring Jean Marie Dongou from Barca B to replace him.

I'd love to keep Tello. He's improving and has a bright future. But yes...Deulofeu is the one to keep because he has star potential and Dongou is highly rated youngster as well. We have Neymar, Messi, and Sanchez up front - all small guys and they'll get hurt from time to time. It's important to have a quality back-up...which is why Pedro is so valuable. But, if Tello and Deulofeu take big strides...it does make Pedro expendable. Unlikely...but that'll be ideal since that will bring in the most money.
  • slip
The world game is to hard to get into. Played it when I was a teenager, but only because the parents wouldn't sign the permission slip to play a tougher sport.
After a crazy week for Barca...some good news in the last couple days.

Dongou & Bagnack got extensions...Dongou has already played couple of games with Barca at the age of 18.

Looks like Barca will sign Ter Stegen to replace Valdes next season. IMO...that's a huge upgrade in long term. Stegen has the potential to be one of the top goalies in the World. He's a perfect fit for Barca...which is just as important.