German Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
German DFB Pokal German Cup: Bayern Munich
French Ligue 1: Paris Saint German
French Coupe de France: Bordeaux
Portuguese Liga Zon Sagres: FC Porto
Portuguese Taca de Portugal: Vitoria Da Guimaraes
Mexican Liga MX (clausura): Club America
Mexican Copa MX (clausura): Cruz Azul

alright, its a new season for futbol. Lets do it. World Cup year too.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM ]
and 49ersmylife, in his new autobiography, Pep says Messi is the reason he left. Apparently Messi is a diva, and Pep confirms the comments that Zlatan made on Messi. That Messi saw all the attention Ibra was getting the first few months on the squad and then demanded to play as a 9 or he would not play at all.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
and 49ersmylife, in his new autobiography, Pep says Messi is the reason he left. Apparently Messi is a diva, and Pep confirms the comments that Zlatan made on Messi. That Messi saw all the attention Ibra was getting the first few months on the squad and then demanded to play as a 9 or he would not play at all.

Interesting. Do you have a link? Not doubting you, just want to read it. I'm surprised by those comments from Pep.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Interesting. Do you have a link? Not doubting you, just want to read it. I'm surprised by those comments from Pep.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/stuerzte-guardiola-ueber-messi-30503596.bild.html

translate it. its in german. haha.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/stuerzte-guardiola-ueber-messi-30503596.bild.html

translate it. its in german. haha.

lol...what is that? I thought there was some new autobiography Pep came out with in the last couple days. That book in the article is a biography...which is a LOT different than auto-biography and was released last year.

This is comedy. I hope you didn't actually believe it. lol...that book is written by a sport journalist who is a die-hard fan of Espanyol.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM ]
lol...what is that? I thought there was some new autobiography Pep came out with in the last couple days. That book in the article is a biography...which is a LOT different than auto-biography and was released last year.

This is comedy. I hope you didn't actually believe it. lol...that book is written by a sport journalist who is a die-hard fan of Espanyol.

lost in translation I guess.
Good game so far in Fortaleza, Brazil. Italia with the better chances but Iker has made some very good saves..
spain advances.. crazy
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Im so sick of watching Spain win all the time. Pulling for Brazil in the final.

Attack the flanks. Alba and Arbeloa, are the weak links.
Originally posted by NickV:

yeah man. In the euros last summer I was the only one rooting for Italy really. this time around, on facebook I notice most of my friends were saying go Italy. haha. And in years past my statuses would blow up with Spain updates when they would play.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

They played terrible yesterday until the over-time. Italy had some really great chances to finish 'em off in regulation.

I know what you mean though. If you're not a big fan of a team and they continue to win - it gets annoying.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lost in translation I guess.

Haha yea. I was pretty surprised when you said Pep wrote this in his book.

I actually never even clicked on the link. I read the "translation" on a Roma forum. idiots.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I actually never even clicked on the link. I read the "translation" on a Roma forum. idiots.

I searched the interwebs for like half hour to find anything. b*****d lol

I still can't believe sometimes that Pep left Barca for fukin' Bayern. Really? Bayern? Had he left for a top team in EPL or Serie A - I'd understand. Just a strange strange move. I'm not hating on Bundesliga...it's great, Germans are great soccer players and have great fans...it's just no one really watches it or cares for it outside of Germany.

Oh well...excited about the next season.
I think it was a good move if they had not won CL finally with Heynckes. Now the expectations are higher than before imo. They should've waited. Im sure he would have stayed.
Share 49ersWebzone