LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

NBA Off-season Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9426418/los-angeles-lakers-attempting-woo-dwight-howard-billboards

you don't want to keep dwight?

I do want to keep him (and then flip him later), but I don't like the freaking Los Angeles Lakers begging to keep Dwight Howard with billboards around the city.

Stoney doesnt like people saying this. He thinks its inciteful. However, I couldnt agree with you more Pete. I am not a Lakers fan but I think this franchise should be above that. Howard isnt worth it. Damn.. you would think he is Kobe Bryant
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9426418/los-angeles-lakers-attempting-woo-dwight-howard-billboards

I do want to keep him (and then flip him later), but I don't like the freaking Los Angeles Lakers begging to keep Dwight Howard with billboards around the city.

Stoney doesnt like people saying this. He thinks its inciteful. However, I couldnt agree with you more Pete. I am not a Lakers fan but I think this franchise should be above that. Howard isnt worth it. Damn.. you would think he is Kobe Bryant

Translation: All attempts to incite in Lakers thread failed miserably. I shall now carry it over to another thread and drop specific name of poster that was too smart to take my juvenile bait.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It's all PR b******t. lol

It's desperation mode. If Lakers management was so worried about PR, they'd fire D'Antoni and hire Phil.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

It's desperation mode. If Lakers management was so worried about PR, they'd fire D'Antoni and hire Phil.

No doubt. They are in a total panic that Howard will leave and they will be left with nothing.

If hanging a few signs is desperation mode, what would firing your coach to make the fans happy be? Super Nuclear Atomic Desperation times Infinity?

It's all PR b******t that the Lakers have never done before, to the best of my knowledge. I don't remember billboards for Kobe in '04. This is amateur hour stuff, IMO.

It's all PR b******t that the Lakers have never done before, to the best of my knowledge. I don't remember billboards for Kobe in '04. This is amateur hour stuff, IMO.

Agreed, but this is the new world that we live in. Gotta have a cute hashtag to make the kiddies feel you're a part of their world.

Somehow I dont see Dr. Buss doing this. He would just meet with him, tell him that he would like him to stay, and that would have been it. No stupid billboards, no begging, just straight talk.
we should've begged landry to stay
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If hanging a few signs is desperation mode, what would firing your coach to make the fans happy be? Super Nuclear Atomic Desperation times Infinity?

Nope...it will be called admitting a mistake they made last year.

There were strong rumors few days back that Houston has a pretty decent shot at landing Dwight Howard. This is in response to that.

Originally posted by YungAce:
we should've begged landry to stay

Agreed

Where's landrys billboards
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Somehow I dont see Dr. Buss doing this. He would just meet with him, tell him that he would like him to stay, and that would have been it. No stupid billboards, no begging, just straight talk.

Imagine the word on the street...Buss Jr. took over and after his first year in complete charge - a top 5 FA left $20M+ on the table to join another team. That's a slap in the face and he's tryin' everything he can to avoid this humiliation, IMHO.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. They can play out a year, clear up the locker room and get 'Melo and another top FA next year and quickly contend.

Imagine the word on the street...Buss Jr. took over and after his first year in complete charge - a top 5 FA left $20M+ on the table to join another team. That's a slap in the face and he's tryin' everything he can to avoid this humiliation, IMHO.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. They can play out a year, clear up the locker room and get 'Melo and another top FA next year and quickly contend.

It probably would be the best thing to let him go. I just dont know about living and dying with Dwight Howard.

not NBA ^^^ but white boy
Share 49ersWebzone