Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Off-season Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
What's left off that list is Kobe was playing the #2 role to the most dominating player in the league at the time, for 8 of his first 10 years. Considering how close some of their stats are, it's kinda crazy how Kobe achieved that. Can you imagine if Kobe was handed the ball as a rookie and got free reign to carry a team like lebron?

Kobe wasn't ready for that kind of role in the NBA coming off high-school. He looked pretty average when he played in his rookie year.

Point taken, but he still played the #2 role for many years when he was a superstar capable of carrying a team.

Definitely...it has an impact. No question Kobe would have averaged more points in regular season and post-season, but would he have gone that far into playoffs without Shaq during those 4 years with Kings and Spurs around? So, it has it's pros and cons. But yea, I know what you mean. Lebron had to do everything when he was with Cavs and at the very least, his scoring would have taken a hit if he had another star playin' alongside him.
What's left off that list is Kobe was playing the #2 role to the most dominating player in the league at the time, for 8 of his first 10 years. Considering how close some of their stats are, it's kinda crazy how Kobe achieved that. Can you imagine if Kobe was handed the ball as a rookie and got free reign to carry a team like lebron?

Kobe wasn't ready for that kind of role in the NBA coming off high-school. He looked pretty average when he played in his rookie year.

Point taken, but he still played the #2 role for many years when he was a superstar capable of carrying a team.

Definitely...it has an impact. No question Kobe would have averaged more points in regular season and post-season, but would he have gone that far into playoffs without Shaq during those 4 years with Kings and Spurs around? So, it has it's pros and cons. But yea, I know what you mean. Lebron had to do everything when he was with Cavs and at the very least, his scoring would have taken a hit if he had another star playin' alongside him.

Nah, it's the other star's scoring that takes a hit when they play alongside LeBron.
his scoring would have taken a hit if he was playing the #2 role behind a prime shaq.

FTFY. Let's not pretend there's any player in the league that would have taken the ball away from shaq in those years, minus MJ.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM ]
Dwyane Wade's kid Zaire:

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Apples to oranges. Kobe was a backup to a very good SG on a playoff caliber team. LeBron was given the keys to the car immediately on an awful team that wanted to get him as much experience as possible. Put Kobe on a terrible squad and give him 40mpg, and he woulda been just fine. Kobe was an all-star by his 2nd year.

I think you meant to say 3rd. Kobe was an all-star once in his first 4 years...but I think he should have been one in '99. I'm not going to say I remember watchin' a lot of him in his rookie year, but from whatever I can remember - he didn't look like he belonged in NBA in his first year. Even in his 2nd year, there were games in the playoffs where he looked below average.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Nah, it's the other star's scoring that takes a hit when they play alongside LeBron.

lol...I set that up nicely
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
his scoring would have taken a hit if he was playing the #2 role behind a prime shaq.

FTFY. Let's not pretend there's any player in the league that would have taken the ball away from shaq in those years, minus MJ.

No arguments there. Those 3-4 years, Shaq was the most dominating players in the game...as far as scoring is concerned. He was unstoppable.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
double post
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM ]
Apples to oranges. Kobe was a backup to a very good SG on a playoff caliber team. LeBron was given the keys to the car immediately on an awful team that wanted to get him as much experience as possible. Put Kobe on a terrible squad and give him 40mpg, and he woulda been just fine. Kobe was an all-star by his 2nd year.

I think you meant to say 3rd. Kobe was an all-star once in his first 4 years...but I think he should have been one in '99. I'm not going to say I remember watchin' a lot of him in his rookie year, but from whatever I can remember - he didn't look like he belonged in NBA in his first year. Even in his 2nd year, there were games in the playoffs where he looked below average.

He was an all-star in his 2nd year.

1996-97 = Not an All-Star
1997-98 = All Star
1998-99 = Not an All-Star...because there wasn't an All-Star game, lol.
1999-Today = All-Star

In reality, he only missed the ASG once, and that was his rookie year.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by YungAce:

Saw this on another forum. OP linked this to it: http://www.basketball-reference.com

But Kobe leads in the most important statistic ..... Rapes

hey val, what did you think of that trade proposal from Cle for Love?
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Id do it, I dont like Love anymore. Could draft Noel at #1 and in 2015 be looking at a starting 5 of

Rubio
Waiters
Williams
Thompson
Noel
Originally posted by valrod33:

Id do it, I dont like Love anymore. Could draft Noel at #1 and in 2015 be looking at a starting 5 of

Rubio
Waiters
Williams
Thompson
Noel

I'm a fan of Waiters, and I think he'd do real well with a pure PG like Rubio. Tristan Thompson sucks doe.
could even draft Porter from Georgetown at 1

Rubio
Waiters
Porter
WIlliams/Thompson
Pek/Thompson

dumb trade for both teams