There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Off-season Thread

Brooklyn trading for Pierce and Garnett, I don't see it. How much time will the two of them spend on the IR. By playoff time both players will be spent.
Anybody have a list of FA's?
Andre Iguodala and the Pistons have mutual interest in each other. I read it somewhere. I hope we get him
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Brooklyn trading for Pierce and Garnett, I don't see it. How much time will the two of them spend on the IR. By playoff time both players will be spent.

I think it's a bad trade for them
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Pat Riley needs to call Portland...Bosh for LaMarcus

Lol, that would be an idiotic trade for Portland.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Umm...no. Bosh is a better player. I don't know what you're talking about. Miami just needs a guy who plays bigger, which is the ONLY reason why they would even entertain this.

You put Bosh at PF with a legitimate C and he's MUCH better than LaMarcus ever will be.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I think it's a bad trade for them

I don't think it's a good trade for Boston either. None of those picks will be lottery picks. I don't know what this trade was all about.
  • IT21
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Andre Iguodala and the Pistons have mutual interest in each other. I read it somewhere. I hope we get him

dafuq he wanna go to detroit for? lol
  • IT21

Umm...no. Bosh is a better player. I don't know what you're talking about. Miami just needs a guy who plays bigger, which is the ONLY reason why they would even entertain this.

You put Bosh at PF with a legitimate C and he's MUCH better than LaMarcus ever will be.

I'd take Aldridge over Bosh any day

LaMarcus is so underrated..
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I'd take Aldridge over Bosh any day

LaMarcus is so underrated..

Best PPG of his career, 21.8
Best RPG of his career 9.1

Chris Bosh averaged 23 and 10 in Toronto for 5 years. Bosh is a 3rd option in Miami and is forced to play at C or next to an undersized C. Bosh is a better player. Bulls are offering Boozer for Aldridge. lol
  • IT21

Chris Bosh averaged 23 and 10 in Toronto for 5 years. Bosh is a 3rd option in Miami and is forced to play at C or next to an undersized C. Bosh is a better player. Bulls are offering Boozer for Aldridge. lol

Their career stats are very similar
Bosh averages 19.5 points, 8.9 rebounds, and shoots 49.6% for his career
Aldridge averages 18.3 points, 7.8 rebounds, and shoots 49.3% for his career.
Alridge had a 20.45 PER this season, Bosh's was 20.08.

I just think Aldridge is the better big man.
Bosh plays like a small forward on offense sometimes lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Their career stats are very similar
Bosh averages 19.5 points, 8.9 rebounds, and shoots 49.6% for his career
Aldridge averages 18.3 points, 7.8 rebounds, and shoots 49.3% for his career.
Alridge had a 20.45 PER this season, Bosh's was 20.08.

I just think Aldridge is the better big man.
Bosh plays like a small forward on offense sometimes lol

Bosh has been the 3rd option in Miami for 3 years...and even with that, he has better career numbers.

I agree Bosh plays small. But, if you put a Center next to him...he's better than Aldridge. I'd love for Miami to put a Center next to him, and if they do that - I'm keeping Bosh.

Also, Aldridge is an average defender. Not that Bosh is great...but he's much better than Aldridge.

....and I get it if you prefer Aldridge over Bosh. That's a pretty reasonable take on this trade scenario from you.

But, idiotic move for Portland? lol Sometimes ppl go over-board.
  • IT21
Bosh has been the 3rd option in Miami for 3 years...and even with that, he has better career numbers.

I agree Bosh plays small. But, if you put a Center next to him...he's better than Aldridge. I'd love for Miami to put a Center next to him, and if they do that - I'm keeping Bosh.

Also, Aldridge is an average defender. Not that Bosh is great...but he's much better than Aldridge.

....and I get it if you prefer Aldridge over Bosh. That's a pretty reasonable take on this trade scenario from you.

Ya, I don't think it's an idiotic move lol
Bosh is still one of the best PFs in the league

but Portland should probably go after a younger player than Bosh if they're gonna deal Aldridge
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Ya, I don't think it's an idiotic move lol
Bosh is still one of the best PFs in the league

but Portland should probably go after a younger player than Bosh if they're gonna deal Aldridge

That will be tough...considering he wants to play in a big market - so Portland has few options to begin with. He has also hurt his trade value by his actiions. People b***h about Lebron leaving Cleveland as a FA, this guy is under contract and he's demanding to be traded and also tryin' to choose his destination.

Portland will be lucky to get fair value for him.
I think I would still trade Bosh for Boozer