There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Off-season Thread

well..

Sources confirmed on Sunday that the Clippers will sign Rivers to a three-year, $21 million contract. They will send a 2015 first-round pick as compensation to the Celtics, who have agreed to release the coach from the three years, $21 million he has remaining on his deal with the club.

Sources close to the process told ESPN that the Clippers believe the deal with Rivers will clinch Chris Paul's signature on a new five-year max contract. Paul becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

from espn.com
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]
Why is Doc Rivers so coveted? He didn't do alot in Orlando. He goes to Boston and gets a title with 3 All Stars and now he is an elite coach?
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Why is Doc Rivers so coveted? He didn't do alot in Orlando. He goes to Boston and gets a title with 3 All Stars and now he is an elite coach?

I personally think he's overrated

The fact that he only won 1 title with the first big 3 is pretty disappointing. The talent on that team s**tted on any other team in the NBA at the time, besides the Lakers I guess. They should've won more than 1 title.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]

This. At this point, he is overrated. But, it seems as if a lot of players like him... except Rondo lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

I personally think he's overrated

The fact that he only won 1 title with the first big 3 is pretty disappointing. The talent on that team s**tted on any other team in the NBA at the time, besides the Lakers I guess. They should've won more than 1 title.

Garnett was never the same after his knee injury in '09. (where he missed the playoffs) And they came within inches of the title in '10.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Garnett was never the same after his knee injury in '09. (where he missed the playoffs) And they came within inches of the title in '10.

do you believe he is an elite coach?

I dunno but he's 10x the coach Vinny Del Negro is
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I dunno but he's 10x the coach Vinny Del Negro is

not saying much

No, but I think he's a good one, and slightly better than the other guys that are available like Karl & Hollins.

No, but I think he's a good one, and slightly better than the other guys that are available like Karl & Hollins.

George Karl has never had the talent that Rivers won with in Boston. I think he is just as good a coach if not better than Rivers
i'd take karl over rivers all day err' day
I think I prefer Josh Smith over Dwight Howard to go to the Rockets
Ya id take Karl over Rivers
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

George Karl has never had the talent that Rivers won with in Boston. I think he is just as good a coach if not better than Rivers

His Seattle teams were more talented than the team that Doc won with in Boston, IMO. Karl's teams almost always underperform in the playoffs. I don't think the difference between the two is huge or anything, but I'd definitely go with Rivers.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

His Seattle teams were more talented than the team that Doc won with in Boston, IMO. Karl's teams almost always underperform in the playoffs. I don't think the difference between the two is huge or anything, but I'd definitely go with Rivers.

Rivers didnt have to coach against Michael Jordan in the finals either. I would go with Karl every time. Guess we will just have to agree to disagree.