LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
So.. lets say the Braves have a better record than the A's and they play in the WS. A's play in a very tough division with 3 very good teams while the Braves get to play against Miami, NY, and Philly. You think the Braves should get home field?

I get where you're going, but how is it fair to the Braves that other teams aren't on par to what the A's face? The Braves should be penalized because teams in their division aren't good?
So.. lets say the Braves have a better record than the A's and they play in the WS. A's play in a very tough division with 3 very good teams while the Braves get to play against Miami, NY, and Philly. You think the Braves should get home field?

See post #895

The league who had the best record, or the team, should get rewarded. Its fair. You know I can turn your scenario around right? Alternating is silly as well. What if a wild card team makes it to the end, and gets homefield advantage in the World Series becuase it was an alternating year, when a team that played in a tough division had a better record. And then they lose because they win the home games. Is that fair ?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
strong division brewers have us back in this b***h
Originally posted by jrg:

I get where you're going, but how is it fair to the Braves that other teams aren't on par to what the A's face? The Braves should be penalized because teams in their division aren't good?

I just dont think there is an easy answer to it. Until the stupid tie in the AS game, homefield alternated every year and people were ok with it. I would be fine with returning to that and not having the AS game be anything more than a fun game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I just dont think there is an easy answer to it. Until the stupid tie in the AS game, homefield alternated every year and people were ok with it. I would be fine with returning to that and not having the AS game be anything more than a fun game.

Same. But you know that won't happen because ratings will drop and MLB will lose $.

Same. But you know that won't happen because ratings will drop and MLB will lose $.

Yep. I agree with this.
Hey . I could have done what Puig has done the past 2 nights.

Yes there is, see my last post. Problem solved. All star game goes on, and the team who deserves homefield gets it. Its easy. Lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Go home Puig.
0 HRs in HR Derby.

Three strike outs. Way to go Puig.

Tulo. Not bad for a weak ass division.
Also, where is Tulo from? Boom
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Close ass tag there. Tulo

My favorite non-Cardinal
Dammit.