LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If you post like Garce I will call you Garce. AND.. I never said I liked the AS Game for Homefield Advantage. Not once.

Well I'm talking about the process. The whole system. And your parochial ass can't get past this game. Move been saying its the whole system the entire time. What more do I need to say then the whole thing needs to be fixed?

Its the f**king all star game. Just enjoy it and quit getting your panties in a bunch
Originally posted by jrg:
This "honoring" players stuff is getting annoying already. First Rivera and now Jeter.

Do we seriously need a stop in the game to watch Jeter shake hands with everyone?

You would have no problem if it was a Cardinal. They just dont have anyone worthy of it. You guys take this game way too seriously anyway. The Dodgers will probably be in the WS anyway and I dont want them getting home field. LOL

Lol Exactly when it's Albert's last year he'll be all for it. Regardless that he'll probably be wearing an Angels jersey.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by jrg:
This "honoring" players stuff is getting annoying already. First Rivera and now Jeter.

Do we seriously need a stop in the game to watch Jeter shake hands with everyone?

Pretty sure they did it for Gwynn and Ripken too.

Just seems a bit over done now. This whole season has been about Jeter. Dude is getting gifts from teams on every road trip, everywhere you look on Sportscenter/etc, talked about non stop. Like Pete said, he was a good player, but they're acting like he is Babe Ruth or something.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm curious...why do you guys think Jeter is so beloved? He's obviously a great player, but statistically he's probably not a Top 5 player of his era. Yet he was the face of baseball for years and years despite playing for the Evil Empire. Reminds me of Cal Ripken.

Because he played on the most popular team, handled himself with great humility and was a great representative of the game, never got in trouble, and was damn good. It had some to do with the Yankees, and some to do with him. He deserves the respect.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm curious...why do you guys think Jeter is so beloved? He's obviously a great player, but statistically he's probably not a Top 5 player of his era. Yet he was the face of baseball for years and years despite playing for the Evil Empire. Reminds me of Cal Ripken.

Played his entire career for one team, has been great with fans, never in trouble, and a great player. Think of the guys who are most beloved in last 30 years... Gwynn, Ripken, and Jeter. All the same
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You would have no problem if it was a Cardinal. They just dont have anyone worthy of it. You guys take this game way too seriously anyway. The Dodgers will probably be in the WS anyway and I dont want them getting home field. LOL

Of course I wouldn't. Same goes to you with the Giants. I WOULD understand if opposing fans were annoyed by it though.

Ya we take it seriously. It has meaning now.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM ]
WS homefield advantage needs to be decided by who had the best regular season record. It's the only fair way for baseball to do it.
Brewers keep bailing us out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Gordon FLYING around the bases
Or since there are so many inter league games, which league won the most games.

3-3 giants still have a World Series shot. Whew
WS homefield advantage needs to be decided by who had the best regular season record. It's the only fair way for baseball to do it.

I'm not sure that is fair either. If you play in a very tough division the chances are your record will be worse than a team in an easy division.

Here is the best way to do it.................. just alternate leagues like it was before.

I'm not sure that is fair either. If you play in a very tough division the chances are your record will be worse than a team in an easy division.

Here is the best way to do it.................. just alternate leagues like it was before.

No. The team has no say in that. If the cards are the best team, they deserve homefield.

No. The team has no say in that. If the cards are the best team, they deserve homefield.

So.. lets say the Braves have a better record than the A's and they play in the WS. A's play in a very tough division with 3 very good teams while the Braves get to play against Miami, NY, and Philly. You think the Braves should get home field?
Weak division dodger pitchers shutting this b***h down
Share 49ersWebzone