2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Joecool:
They should give Puig an invite to the HR Derby. It's a fan's event so why not?

why

I actually like that idea. Who really wants to watch the same guys every year do the HR contest. B O R I N G

NL should have Dom Brown, Puig, Mike Stanton, and Paul Goldschmidt
AL should have Chris Davis, Edwin Encarnacion, Miguel Cabrera, and Yoenis Cespedes.

Maybe 2 repeaters.. Stanton and Miggy and 6 other new guys who can crush the ball and add excitement for the fans.

No CarGo?

Cargo instead of Brown maybe. I really would want the last 3 in if I was picking.

CarGo, Brown, Stanton, Goldschmidt
I know CarGo hits 30+ HRs every year but when I think of HR hitters he isnt a guy that pops into my head right away
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I know CarGo hits 30+ HRs every year but when I think of HR hitters he isnt a guy that pops into my head right away

true, but the NL doesn't have many that do..stanton has the raw power, but not the #s (injuries)

hell, dom brown was leading the NL in HRs for a while
just looked it up, Cargo has only hit 30+ HRs ONCE, thats why i never think of him as HR guy
  • jrg
  • Veteran
just looked it up, Cargo has only hit 30+ HRs ONCE, thats why i never think of him as HR guy

ya, he really isn't

he can do a little bit of everything though. he better be starting over Harper/Upton

ya, he really isn't

he can do a little bit of everything though. he better be starting over Harper/Upton

Well you better start telling fans to vote for him
  • jrg
  • Veteran

ya, he really isn't

Well you better start telling fans to vote for him

ive been voting. 25 times a day

why

I actually like that idea. Who really wants to watch the same guys every year do the HR contest. B O R I N G

AL should have Chris Davis, Edwin Encarnacion, Miguel Cabrera, and Yoenis Cespedes.

Maybe 2 repeaters.. Stanton and Miggy and 6 other new guys who can crush the ball and add excitement for the fans.

was waiting for someone to bring him up
dude would go crazy in a hr derby
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

why

was waiting for someone to bring him up
dude would go crazy in a hr derby

Id like to see both Cubans in the contest. I'm 50-50 on Cargo or Brown but the others are all givens for me.
Id like to see both Cubans in the contest. I'm 50-50 on Cargo or Brown but the others are all givens for me.

beat writers have been drooling on Cespedes' batting practice since they signed him.
A few of them say it's the most impressive batting practice since Barry Bonds lol.

Unfortunately, the gates open after the A's take BP so I've never witnessed it :(

• jrg
  • Veteran

beat writers have been drooling on Cespedes' batting practice since they signed him.
A few of them say it's the most impressive batting practice since Barry Bonds lol.

Unfortunately, the gates open after the A's take BP so I've never witnessed it :(

tell them to watch matt holliday hit balls completely out of busch stadium

lol
there's a video of Cespedes using a weighted bat in BP and hitting a homerun, I wish I bookmarked it, it was on someones twitter and I dont feel like going through it.

dude has crazy power

Matt Holiday isnt going to excite anyone though outside of St Louis. But ya.. he can hit it far.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Matt Holiday isnt going to excite anyone though outside of St Louis. But ya.. he can hit it far.

isn't that what were talking about? lol

isn't that what were talking about? lol

I was talking about what would get the fans excited. Guys like Puig and Cespedes would. I dont think anyone is going to watch the HR Derby specifically to watch Matt Holiday.
Share 49ersWebzone