LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It never was based on best record you noob. It alternated between the leagues

Well its better than this game deciding it. A game that ended in a tie a few years back. Lol. It ended because it was boring and they ran out of pitchers. Its dumb. Admit it.

I will admit that you cant get your facts straight.
Originally posted by jrg:
Either needs to make it for the fans and to be fun or be serious about it.

Soon the NBA will give home court to the winner of the dunk contest.

Lol. Why is this so hard to understand. John wants it to be for fun and respect, but doesn't mind homefield advantage riding on it. Wtf
Here
I will admit that you cant get your facts straight.

is the facts, go check the percentage of winners of the all star game and who won the WS. Hint, you won't be surprised the correlation.
Either needs to make it for the fans and to be fun or be serious about it.

Soon the NBA will give home court to the winner of the dunk contest.

Lol. Why is this so hard to understand. John wants it to be for fun and respect, but doesn't mind homefield advantage riding on it. Wtf

When did I ever say anything about homefield advantage Garce

Well its better than this game deciding it. A game that ended in a tie a few years back. Lol. It ended because it was boring and they ran out of pitchers. Its dumb. Admit it.

Selig was obviously desperate to keep fans after that debacle and "NOW IT MEANS SOMETHING!"

Gotta agree with you, can't have the fans ultimately deciding the teams when home field is at stake. All-Star games are f**king stupid to begin with.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I bet you Jeter gets in if it's players only or media only voting too. They also have feels just like the fans.

That's fine. Then remove homefield advantage. This happens more than just Jeter, and the World Series is usually decided by who wins this game. Put it back to best record.

No argument there. The home field thing is one of the dumbest things in sports.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Selig was obviously desperate to keep fans after that debacle and "NOW IT MEANS SOMETHING!"

Gotta agree with you, can't have the fans ultimately deciding the teams when home field is at stake. All-Star games are f**king stupid to begin with.

Boom. But I'll wait for others to keep agreeing, plus every baseball analyst and john will still call me Garce. Lol
I bet you Jeter gets in if it's players only or media only voting too. They also have feels just like the fans.

That's fine. Then remove homefield advantage. This happens more than just Jeter, and the World Series is usually decided by who wins this game. Put it back to best record.

No argument there. The home field thing is one of the dumbest things in sports.

Good job Garce
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Boom. But I'll wait for others to keep agreeing, plus every baseball analyst and john will still call me Garce. Lol

If you post like Garce I will call you Garce. AND.. I never said I liked the AS Game for Homefield Advantage. Not once.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This "honoring" players stuff is getting annoying already. First Rivera and now Jeter.

Do we seriously need a stop in the game to watch Jeter shake hands with everyone?

If you post like Garce I will call you Garce. AND.. I never said I liked the AS Game for Homefield Advantage. Not once.

Well I'm talking about the process. The whole system. And your parochial ass can't get past this game. Move been saying its the whole system the entire time. What more do I need to say then the whole thing needs to be fixed?
I'm curious...why do you guys think Jeter is so beloved? He's obviously a great player, but statistically he's probably not a Top 5 player of his era. Yet he was the face of baseball for years and years despite playing for the Evil Empire. Reminds me of Cal Ripken.
This "honoring" players stuff is getting annoying already. First Rivera and now Jeter.

Do we seriously need a stop in the game to watch Jeter shake hands with everyone?

You would have no problem if it was a Cardinal. They just dont have anyone worthy of it. You guys take this game way too seriously anyway. The Dodgers will probably be in the WS anyway and I dont want them getting home field. LOL

Pretty sure they did it for Gwynn and Ripken too.

If its the allstar game, I'm cool with it. If it decides more than winners checks and it's based off popularity and what city votes more than others, ya its dumm
Share 49ersWebzone