There are 142 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
WHat is sad is this comes from the guy who brings up all the Cardinals titles all the time. And.. who brought up the "defending Cards" all last year.

No. This is how it works. I'm sure every baseball fan on this forum can agree here:

1. I mention the 2013 Cardinals season
2. Since the Giants suck in 2013, their fans mention their victory over the Cardinals in 2012.
3. Since the Giant fans want to mention their past success, I also mention the Cardinals past success.

Giants fans live in the past. Rubber was an example earlier trying to cling to Posey's past awards.

Congrats. The only Giants player to play tonight was Posey. He was 0-1 w/ a K and a few passed balls.

But as I told Rubber, I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to watch the playoffs while he is at home looking at his past.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
FINAL

AL 3

NL 0

-AL end three game skid vs. NL

Thanks for the update Rob. I wasnt aware of that.
Originally posted by jrg:
WHat is sad is this comes from the guy who brings up all the Cardinals titles all the time. And.. who brought up the "defending Cards" all last year.

No. This is how it works. I'm sure every baseball fan on this forum can agree here:

2. Since the Giants suck in 2013, their fans mention their victory over the Cardinals in 2012.
3. Since the Giant fans want to mention their past success, I also mention the Cardinals past success.

Giants fans live in the past. Rubber was an example earlier trying to cling to Posey's past awards.

Congrats. The only Giants player to play tonight was Posey. He was 0-1 w/ a K and a few passed balls.

But as I told Rubber, I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to watch the playoffs while he is at home looking at his past.

Obviously you are drinking lousy beer again tonight
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Obviously you are drinking lousy beer again tonight

I wish I could have a few beers. Damn. 3 damn hits.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
FINAL

AL 3

NL 0

-AL end three game skid vs. NL

Thanks for the update Rob. I wasnt aware of that.

Too much jrg Cardinals defense proved to be a distraction from the game.
The National League can't win the all star game every year.

When ever the American League wins the all star game, I prefer this happens in seasons where the Giants are 8 games below .500 under at the all star break.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jul 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
Rivera is the MVP!
Wack MVP. He did nothing to earn it other than be old
He won an effing Corvette!
I would unmute the TV if effing FOX know how to play the right effing baseball theme. This is not an effing football game and it is not effing football season yet!

• jrg
  • Veteran
That is a nice ass car
  • jrg
  • Veteran
POSTGAME

W: Sale

L: Corbin

After the game, Corbin blames the loss on Bochy and he said he did it on purpose.
Lets go Carpenter

Carpenter/McCutchen base hits and a Goldschmidt HR

Scutaro should PH for Carpenter.

John we want to win the game. Not lose the game.

f**k Carpenter

f**k Scutaro

Ooohh.. Good comeback. Although given the damage that Scut did to your team I do get it.

Nah, I refuse to live in the past like you Giant fans.

Anytime a Giant player fails currently you just try and relive the past.

We are the Defending Champs.

And we live in the past?

Oxymoron says what?

You don't live in the past because you lost in the past.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tim McCarver

Share 49ersWebzone