There are 192 users in the forums

2014 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Cuddyer in the HR derby? Does Wright know its not being played at Coors?

Shouldve been Goldschmidt, Cargo, and Alvarez.

the last spot for the AL should be Bautista.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Cuddyer in the HR derby? Does Wright know its not being played at Coors?

Shouldve been Goldschmidt, Cargo, and Alvarez.

the last spot for the AL should be Bautista.

It still can as the TBD is Cabrera but he has issues with his back thanks to playing in Toronto.
Cespedes will compete in HR derby
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
NL HR Derby team: Wright, Carlos Gonzalez, Michael Cuddyer, Bryce Harper.
AL team: Cano, Prince Fielder, Chris Davis, and TBA.

Cespy!

called it
TOP 10 2013 ALL-STAR SNUBS

http://nesn.com/playlist/matt-moore-shin-soo-choo-among-players-who-should-have-received-2013-all-star-nod/1/
Originally posted by robniner:

http://nesn.com/playlist/matt-moore-shin-soo-choo-among-players-who-should-have-received-2013-all-star-nod/1/

They whiffed on not naming Adrian Beltre in that list.

I originally thought Donaldson got snubbed, but the more I look at it, the less I think A's fans have to be pissed about. Cabrera, Machado, Beltre, and Longoria probably all deserve it more, or at least just as much.

I originally thought Donaldson got snubbed, but the more I look at it, the less I think A's fans have to be pissed about. Cabrera, Machado, Beltre, and Longoria probably all deserve it more, or at least just as much.

I just dont get how Beltre is being left off. He should be there over Machado in my opinion. The A's biggest snub is actually Balfour. Perfect in save opportunities. Too bad 3B is so loaded though because Donaldson, Beltre, and Longoria all deserve a spot.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I just dont get how Beltre is being left off. He should be there over Machado in my opinion. The A's biggest snub is actually Balfour. Perfect in save opportunities. Too bad 3B is so loaded though because Donaldson, Beltre, and Longoria all deserve a spot.

Apparently Jim Leyland said hes waiting for the results of the Final Vote to name Yu Darvish's replacement, because hes going to pick one of the guys who didnt get voted in...

Get ready for Steve Delabar AND Tanner Scheppers to be All-Stars....wow. REALLY Leyland?

IMO you should have to be an established closer to be an All-Star. Otherwise RP have no business being at a game for the best players in the game. RP get so many handicaps.

They often come into very specific situations in which they have the matchup advantage. They dont have to manage pitch count, and just throw at 100% for only 1-3 outs at a time. They can blow leads and allow a ton of runs without it even effecting their own ERA, etc.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Apparently Jim Leyland said hes waiting for the results of the Final Vote to name Yu Darvish's replacement, because hes going to pick one of the guys who didnt get voted in...

Get ready for Steve Delabar AND Tanner Scheppers to be All-Stars....wow. REALLY Leyland?

IMO you should have to be an established closer to be an All-Star. Otherwise RP have no business being at a game for the best players in the game. RP get so many handicaps.

They often come into very specific situations in which they have the matchup advantage. They dont have to manage pitch count, and just throw at 100% for only 1-3 outs at a time. They can blow leads and allow a ton of runs without it even effecting their own ERA, etc.

so what lol who gives a s**t

the final vote is for an extra player on each team that doesn't get a vote pitches for AL and hitters for NL cause of the DH
a player who prob have no effect on the game

and you don't think Jim would take Benoit ? he already selected Verlander over many other possible pitchers

lets say he uses 4 starters for 2 innings each and then brings in the closer to finish the game that would mean 8 pitchers would not see the field
who gives a s**t if it's a starer, or reliever that doesn't see the field

players and coaches determine everything other than the fan voted starters so I really don't see what the point of complaining is
MLB Public Relations ‏@MLB_PR Steve Delabar & Freddie Freeman win #ASG Final Vote and are officially All-Stars. Record 79.2 million votes cast. #Braves #BlueJays

• jrg
  • Veteran
steve delabar
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 48s Pedro Alvarez replaces Carlos Gonzalez for the Home Run Derby.
Originally posted by valrod33:
MLB Public Relations ‏@MLB_PR Steve Delabar & Freddie Freeman win #ASG Final Vote and are officially All-Stars. Record 79.2 million votes cast. #Braves #BlueJays

Good, no Puig.
Originally posted by jrg:
steve delabar

So ridiculous. At least he has a good story.
XM FUTURES GAME

U.S. Beats World for the fourth consecutive time

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/2013071453758692/
Share 49ersWebzone