HERE'S THE REAL AL FINAL VOTE

Adrian Beltre
Evan Longoria
Howie Kendrick
Josh Donaldson
Grant Balfour

Who would you pick?

Donaldson

I agree because the A's deserve more than 1 player.
Originally posted by robniner:
THE XM FUTURES GAME

THE US TEAM

THE WORLD TEAM

Already this edition has already promoted one futures player up to the roster in Mariners shortstop Brad Miller.

Really looking forward to seeing Noah Syndergaard pitch.
Looks like Adrian Gonzalez has "conceded" and has thrown his hat to teammate Yasiel Puig.
Looks like Adrian Gonzalez has "conceded" and has thrown his hat to teammate Yasiel Puig.

I dont get why everyone thinks Puig is deserving. Hes played for 1 month, and will clearly make many future All-Star teams. Give the spots to guys who had great, full length seasons. You should have to really earn your spot, not get it based on a hot streak and a popularity contest.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

I dont get why everyone thinks Puig is deserving. Hes played for 1 month, and will clearly make many future All-Star teams. Give the spots to guys who had great, full length seasons. You should have to really earn your spot, not get it based on a hot streak and a popularity contest.

I'd be furious if I was someone like Desmond or the other guys. You've been busting your tail and putting up good numbers for months and you miss out on an All Star game because the media is obsessed with this guy. I bet he gets a ton of votes from people that don't even know what he's doing, they just hear about him non stop on Sportcenter. Not only does it suck for the other guys that will lose to him not being able to represent their league, but that's $$$ they're losing as well. I'm sure there is a nice little bonus in contracts for All Star game appearances.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
MLB Networks TOP ROOKIES

1. Jose Fernandez
2. Yasiel Puig
3. Gerrit Cole
4. Shelby Miller
5. Didi Gregorius
6. Evan Gattis
7. Trevor Rosenthal
8. Jose Iglesias
9. Jedd Gyorko

Honorable mention to
Julio Teheran
Hyun–Jin Ryu
Matt Adams
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM ]
Have the announced the Home Run Derby participants yet?
Originally posted by jrg:

I'd be furious if I was someone like Desmond or the other guys. You've been busting your tail and putting up good numbers for months and you miss out on an All Star game because the media is obsessed with this guy. I bet he gets a ton of votes from people that don't even know what he's doing, they just hear about him non stop on Sportcenter. Not only does it suck for the other guys that will lose to him not being able to represent their league, but that's $$$ they're losing as well. I'm sure there is a nice little bonus in contracts for All Star game appearances.

There needs to be a minimum innings/AB's qualification for AS game selections, just like ROY voting and batting titles. Just last year the same thing happened with Harper. He got hyped up for a short amount of time, he made the team, and finished the season with a .270 avg, 22 hr, and 59 rbis. Not quite an All-Star caliber season...

Whether you hate the Dodgers or not, theyre a team full of cocky chumps, and Puig might be the worst. I hope it comes back to bite them big time like last year. Between Hanley and his stupid "eye see you" thing, and Puig walking around thumping his chest and doing a bat toss after a single, I would LOVE to see them crash and burn in the 2nd half.
MLB Networks TOP ROOKIES

1. Jose Fernandez
2. Yasiel Puig
3. Gerrit Cole
4. Shelby Miller
5. Didi Gregorius
6. Evan Gattis
7. Trevor Rosenthal
8. Jose Iglesias
9. Jedd Gyorko

Honorable mention to
Julio Teheran
Hyun–Jin Ryu
Matt Adams

How is Cole ranked over Miller? Miller has been doing it all year, and was just as highly ranked as a prospect.

• jrg
  • Veteran
MLB Networks TOP ROOKIES

1. Jose Fernandez
2. Yasiel Puig
3. Gerrit Cole
4. Shelby Miller
5. Didi Gregorius
6. Evan Gattis
7. Trevor Rosenthal
8. Jose Iglesias
9. Jedd Gyorko

Honorable mention to
Julio Teheran
Hyun–Jin Ryu
Matt Adams

How is Cole ranked over Miller? Miller has been doing it all year, and was just as highly ranked as a prospect.

No clue. Also not sure how Gattis is on the list instead of Hyun-Jin Ryu.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Have the announced the Home Run Derby participants yet?

Only the captains have: Wright-NL, Cano-AL.

There needs to be a minimum innings/AB's qualification for AS game selections, just like ROY voting and batting titles. Just last year the same thing happened with Harper. He got hyped up for a short amount of time, he made the team, and finished the season with a .270 avg, 22 hr, and 59 rbis. Not quite an All-Star caliber season...

Whether you hate the Dodgers or not, theyre a team full of cocky chumps, and Puig might be the worst. I hope it comes back to bite them big time like last year. Between Hanley and his stupid "eye see you" thing, and Puig walking around thumping his chest and doing a bat toss after a single, I would LOVE to see them crash and burn in the 2nd half.

Now you know how most of us feel about Strasburg last season when he was hyped for a spot on last year's ASG.
Now you know how most of us feel about Strasburg last season when he was hyped for a spot on last year's ASG.

Strasburg got screwed this year though. He should be on the AS team. ERA of 2.24, Whip of 1.03, and 98 Ks in 100 innings. More deserving than a few that made it.
Really great, I really liked baseball[/b][/url]
[ Edited by English on Jul 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone