8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific
[ Edited by captveg on Jul 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol its like when a little kid throws a tantrum, and then stops crying when hes given the toy he wanted.

Way too many people cry and moan about snubs before the final replacements are announced.

Lol what? So someone isn't allowed to be upset about the decisions. Mujica should have been in a long time ago..

What a joke. Lol

You at least have to wait until the replacements are announced before you complain. Every year people get all upset that their teams' guy didnt get picked, only to have them be selected a couple days later (Grant Balfour). A couple years ago McCutchen wasnt picked, and Pirates fans threw a tantrum, only to see McCutchen get picked to replace the first injured player days later.

I see your point, I just think he should have been on the team initially...so seeing Romo and Melancon getting in and him STILL not in, was pretty frustrating.

2nd in the NL in saves. I'm just happy he is in now.

Bochy picked Romo to reward him for what he did last year as well as this year. I have no idea why Melancon got picked before Mujica though...

Ah s**t, my bad. Keep forgetting Bochy is manager.

Hopefully he has his lineup card right

lol maybe he'll "accidentally" write Posey's name into the starting lineup. Cant say it would be a mistake though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol its like when a little kid throws a tantrum, and then stops crying when hes given the toy he wanted.

Way too many people cry and moan about snubs before the final replacements are announced.

Lol what? So someone isn't allowed to be upset about the decisions. Mujica should have been in a long time ago..

What a joke. Lol

You at least have to wait until the replacements are announced before you complain. Every year people get all upset that their teams' guy didnt get picked, only to have them be selected a couple days later (Grant Balfour). A couple years ago McCutchen wasnt picked, and Pirates fans threw a tantrum, only to see McCutchen get picked to replace the first injured player days later.

I see your point, I just think he should have been on the team initially...so seeing Romo and Melancon getting in and him STILL not in, was pretty frustrating.

Bochy picked Romo to reward him for what he did last year as well as this year. I have no idea why Melancon got picked before Mujica though...

lol maybe he'll "accidentally" write Posey's name into the starting lineup. Cant say it would be a mistake though.

Wouldn't be a good call

What a joke. Lol

Wouldn't be a good call

Posey: .325 AVG, 13 HR, 56 RBI, .395 OB%, .536 SLG .931 OPS

Molina: .341 AVG, 7 HR, 49 RBI, .386 OB%, .489 SLG, .875 OPS

Molina has the avg. advantage, but his BABIP is over 20 pts. higher than Posey's, which will drop his avg. in the 2nd half.

The OPS isnt even close. Posey with the 56 pt. edge. OPS is a pretty decisive stat. Like ive maintained all along, Posey is flat out better than Molina with the bat, and his abilities behind the plate would need to be mediocre or worse for Molina to make up that gap. Considering Posey is one of the best catchers in baseball from a combination game calling/defense/throwing arm stand point, Molina isnt making up a ton of ground there.

The Cardinals fans might have won the battle of the ballot box, but we all know whos the best catcher in the big leagues. Even WAR agrees, which factors in defensive contributions. Posey is at 4.2, Molina at 3.9.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
We've had this argument so many times man....they're both great catchers. I think we both can agree its really a flip of the coin.
[ Edited by jrg on Jul 15, 2013 at 1:46 AM ]
We've had this argument so many times man....they're both great catchers. I think we both can agree its really a flip of the coin.

lol its a good argument though. When its all said and done there wont be any question, but right now theyre neck and neck. Molina deserves some recognition for what hes done the last couple seasons.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lol its a good argument though. When its all said and done there wont be any question, but right now theyre neck and neck. Molina deserves some recognition for what hes done the last couple seasons.

Both catchers do. It is a crazy argument. AL would love to have either C.

Its crazy how good Molina has improved with the bat over the last few years. Years ago when he was either a rookie or in his 2nd year, I bought a pack of baseball cards and got a Molina on-card autograph. At the time I didnt think much of it because he was pretty much a defense only guy, but its starting to look like it might be worth a little bit of money someday.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Its crazy how good Molina has improved with the bat over the last few years. Years ago when he was either a rookie or in his 2nd year, I bought a pack of baseball cards and got a Molina on-card autograph. At the time I didnt think much of it because he was pretty much a defense only guy, but its starting to look like it might be worth a little bit of money someday.

Check out those top 2 guys

• jrg
  • Veteran
I mean....Craig has 74 RBI

I mean....Craig has 74 RBI

Chris Davis isnt impressed.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
American League
Robinson Cano New York Yankees
Prince Fielder Detroit Tigers
Chris Davis Baltimore Orioles
Yoenis Cespedes Oakland Athletics

National League
David Wright New York Mets
Pedro Alvarez Pittsburgh Pirates
Michael Cuddyer Colorado Rockies
Bryce Harper Washington Nationals

so who's it gonna be?

Imma say Prince for the 3rd time
Originally posted by SoCold:
American League
Robinson Cano New York Yankees
Prince Fielder Detroit Tigers
Chris Davis Baltimore Orioles
Yoenis Cespedes Oakland Athletics

National League
David Wright New York Mets
Pedro Alvarez Pittsburgh Pirates
Michael Cuddyer Colorado Rockies
Bryce Harper Washington Nationals

so who's it gonna be?

Imma say Prince for the 3rd time

gonna be a surprise, but Pedro Alvarez will win.
even as a giants fan.. i'll be rootin' for cespedes
Share 49ersWebzone