204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
So who do you guys want at #5?

Fox.

Apparently he wants to be here too.

Personally I like Smith more.

I prefer Fox. I think the only thing that he needs to work on is his shot. Everything else is there for him to be a star.
If Fultz and Ball go first and second overall, the next two picks are difficult to project.

76ers could probably use a player like Dennis Smith or Malik Monk since their front court seems pretty set with Covington, Simmons, Saric and Embiid. Both players won't need to be the primary ball handler so that will help Simmons. Of the two Monk is probably the better fit for them because he would add shooting and scoring to their line up. I guess they could go for a forward, but it would create a logjam at that position for them.

Suns are arguably the toughest to project because they have a pretty young line up already - Bledsoe, Booker, Warren, Chriss, Len. They could be a perfect landing spot for Fox if they decide to move on from Bledsoe, or they could upgrade their forward position with Jackson or Tatum, or even consider someone like Isaac. So it's going to be interesting to see who they pick.

At the minute I am hoping that Fox falls to us at five rather than Jackson or Tatum. He's got elite quickness, is athletic, and can play defense. As long as the offensive side continues to improve like his shooting and play making, then the skies the limit for the kid. If Fox is gone then I am currently leaning towards us drafting Isaac over the other forwards. Isaac is nearly 7 foot tall, has guard skills, and can defend. The offensive side of his game is pretty well rounded. Isaac has positional flexibility and can play SF or PF at either end of the court. The kid has tremendous upside and offers a good floor. I guess if we have to draft a guard with our first pick, then I would go for Dennis Smith because he strikes me as someone that could have a similar career trajectory as Kemba Walker - not the greatest assist player in the league, but someone that is a scoring point guard that can do enough passing wise to be efficient.
Originally posted by Mike1989:
If Fultz and Ball go first and second overall, the next two picks are difficult to project.

76ers could probably use a player like Dennis Smith or Malik Monk since their front court seems pretty set with Covington, Simmons, Saric and Embiid. Both players won't need to be the primary ball handler so that will help Simmons. Of the two Monk is probably the better fit for them because he would add shooting and scoring to their line up. I guess they could go for a forward, but it would create a logjam at that position for them.

Suns are arguably the toughest to project because they have a pretty young line up already - Bledsoe, Booker, Warren, Chriss, Len. They could be a perfect landing spot for Fox if they decide to move on from Bledsoe, or they could upgrade their forward position with Jackson or Tatum, or even consider someone like Isaac. So it's going to be interesting to see who they pick.

At the minute I am hoping that Fox falls to us at five rather than Jackson or Tatum. He's got elite quickness, is athletic, and can play defense. As long as the offensive side continues to improve like his shooting and play making, then the skies the limit for the kid. If Fox is gone then I am currently leaning towards us drafting Isaac over the other forwards. Isaac is nearly 7 foot tall, has guard skills, and can defend. The offensive side of his game is pretty well rounded. Isaac has positional flexibility and can play SF or PF at either end of the court. The kid has tremendous upside and offers a good floor. I guess if we have to draft a guard with our first pick, then I would go for Dennis Smith because he strikes me as someone that could have a similar career trajectory as Kemba Walker - not the greatest assist player in the league, but someone that is a scoring point guard that can do enough passing wise to be efficient.

I think Philly scoops up Fox... that dudes stock has been rising.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Mike1989:

I think Philly scoops up Fox... that dudes stock has been rising.

I think PHX then takes Jackson ....so I guess it comes down to DSJ, Tatum and Isaac. I think I'd rather have DSJ then try to trade back up from 10 to land Isaac.
I do like Smith a lot as well. I think #5 is a little high for him but if have no problem with him. I'm really starting to like Justin Jackson at #10.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MuggD:

Awesome
15 years ago today...

• MuggD
  • Veteran
15 years ago today...

Clutch as f**k. That Bobby Jackson D on Kobe at the end too.
15 years ago today...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I came home for my birthday and watched it at Red Robin.

Just like I'm doing today. Lol.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
15 years ago today...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I came home for my birthday and watched it at Red Robin.

Haha Happy B-Day Brah.
15 years ago today...

I still maintain they do not lose game 7 if Adelman had played Bobby down the stretch . Never understood why he was on the bench in crunch time
I've been seeing a lot mocks with Markannan at #10. I think he'll be a fine player and he's one of the best shooters in the draft but I want two guys that can legitimately start as rookies. I can't see a rookie starting over Skal or Willie. Papagiannis should be the first big off the bench. Then there's Koufos who can get a double double on most nights. I think they'll try to move him though. Tolliver is also a good stretch 4.

PG and SF is where the best chances to start are. Fox, Smith, Ntilikina are 3 PG's that can start and Josh Jackson, Tatum, Isaac, and Justin Jackson (who I really like) are probable day one starters. We should be able to get one of both of those groups.
[ Edited by btthepunk on May 31, 2017 at 12:46 PM ]
15 years ago today...

I was sitting on my friend Tucker's floor with a slice of pizza and a glass of Pepsi and him and his family weren't big fans, they just had it on and I jumped up and felt dumb because nobody else was excited so I sat down and was like "huuuuuuuuu" rocking back and forth lol
I've been seeing a lot mocks with Markannan at #10. I think he'll be a fine player and he's one of the best shooters in the draft but I want two guys that can legitimately start as rookies. I can't see a rookie starting over Skal or Willie. Papagiannis should be the first big off the bench. Then there's Koufos who can get a double double on most nights. I think they'll try to move him though. Tolliver is also a good stretch 4.

PG and SF is where the best chances to start are. Fox, Smith, Ntilikina are 3 PG's that can start and Josh Jackson, Tatum, Isaac, and Justin Jackson (who I really like) are probable day one starters. We should be able to get one of both of those groups.

Let's hope so; I wouldn't be against trading the #10 pick if the offer was right.
Share 49ersWebzone