LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Kings War Room when they realize they are getting Ben McLemore

I think that's Mitch Richmond high-fiving dudes and Shareef. Also I think that's Marsh's girl on the left.
^ sweet vid. So cool to say Team Owner Mitch Richmond.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Judging by the excitement McLemore has generated from management, seems like he's the shooting guard of the present and future. I mean, maybe he doesn't start right off the bat, but soon.

So you have two trains of thought on Tyreke --

1) He re-signs and starts at PG. Mike Malone is a big defensive guy. And this is a fresh regime that maybe sees an advantage to playing him there. I think we all remember the Evans at PG era. Certainly not a pure PG and he benefited greatly from someone else to share ball-handling duties with. But defensively it was a nightly advantage. And I have seen maturation in Tyreke's game -- he gets in takeover mode from time to time, but he's willing to share the ball (see his growing chemistry with Isaiah last year, letting IT run point.) With Evans back, I think Jimmer is the odd man out. McCallum stays as a 5th guard to develop. IT/Thornton/Evans/McLemore.

2) The Kings let him walk and invest that money in a traditional PG and/or upgrades in the frontcourt. It's a lot of money to commit on an experiment of Evans at full-time PG. In this case, Thornton for sure stays, probably starts until McLemore is deemed ready. Fredette still seems to be on the outs, but has a better chance.

Such a tough call and I've wavered myself since draft night. I'm leaning toward #1 -- Reke is such a weapon, and I'd hate to lose him so early in his development. Maybe an Evans/McLemore tandem isn't conventional, but it's full of talent. You could try to complement them with a ball-handling SF who could take a little pressure off.

I don't know. Either way, I just don't see the opportunity for Jimmer to thrive here. Have no desire at all to see Isaiah leave and I'm on Thornton's side. And I also like what I'm hearing about McCallum -- worth developing.

Good assessment as usual. I would prefer option number one as you laid it out. Reke's game has matured. He doesn't dribble for half of the shot clock and bull it in as he did in the past (not as much at least). While he isn't that conventional, true PG, he can pass pretty well. Like you said, the talent of a Reke/McLemore backcourt is really exciting. I want to see that! Also, we can have McCallum and IT off of the bench as more of that conventional PG and move Reke to the three and keep McLemore at two. Small ball type lineup. I'm excited about McCallum developing the next three years. Of course, I didn't know who the hell he was pre-draft, but after researching I'm impressed. Coach's son. Very high basketball IQ, can score in different ways, good in the paint and seems like a big time team player type. He also has some hops.

I really have no idea how other teams value Reke. Will he really get a four year offer at 10 or more a year? Who knows... I will be a little surprised if he does get that offer, but of course it isn't out of the question.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jun 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
^ sweet vid. So cool to say Team Owner Mitch Richmond.

Yep. I also would like to note, and I didn't realize, that the dude closest to the TV screen is Chris Mullin.
We are interested in Iggy and PDA said he was going to be aggressive this offseason.

The only way Iggy works with this team is this lineup:

Tyreke
Ben
Iggy
Patterson
Cuz
Originally posted by marshniners24:
We are interested in Iggy and PDA said he was going to be aggressive this offseason.

The only way Iggy works with this team is this lineup:

Tyreke
Ben
Iggy
Patterson
Cuz

Looks good to me.
Really like Iggy, but anyone else concerned about giving him like $15 mill a season? Not my money but if it restricts us from future moves I don't think I'm on board.
Really like Iggy, but anyone else concerned about giving him like $15 mill a season? Not my money but if it restricts us from future moves I don't think I'm on board.

Yea that's my problem too. I don't think he's worth it if it restricts us from future moves but it would be interesting.
I don't want to overpay for Iggy. He is getting a little old, so his athleticism may start fading a bit. He never had a consistent jump shot. 15 a year is too much for him.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I guess Tyreke is meeting with the Pelicans tonight. If he does end up leaving I hope it's through a sign and trade of some sort.
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]

Originally posted by Muggins:
I guess Tyreke is meeting with the Pelicans tonight. If he does end up leaving I hope it's through a sign and trade of some sort.

Sign and trade would be awesome. But idk if you can do that with a RFA
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Muggins:

Sign and trade would be awesome. But idk if you can do that with a RFA

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/30/4481508/tyreke-evans-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-free-agency-2013-rumors

Sounds like you can.
For those who care:

T-Rob traded to the Blazers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22588789/rockets-trade-thomas-robinson-to-portland-in-final-cap-clearing-move
What about bringing back Casspi to be a cheaper SF FA signing?
We're interested in Greg Oden
Share 49ersWebzone