There are 235 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Kings fans are emotionally scarred from Maloof years, but I think we will be fine w/ the new ownership.

I might've said this in here before but the person on there who pisses me off the most is bricklayer aka winsome gerbil on realgm. Dude is still crying about the Tyreke deal even though that was what got us the pieces to deal for Rudy who IMO is a better player. And yeah I was reading the site the last few days b/c of the draft(I usually avoid that place tbh) and I keep seeing PER 36 and 100 possession stats, and I'm like wtf? Cuz I know those guys did not actually average those numbers. And they are BS stats anyway. What a guy does in 20 MPG he might not be able to do for 36+. Also if they aren't playing that many minutes already, there's probably a reason. It is a good indicator of what a guy can potentially do but for people on there to act like it's the "zomg best stat evar!!!11!" is retarded.

For sure. I typically go there every once in a while, but mostly stick to STR. Yesterday I went over there, also due to the draft. Some dude was telling me Nate Robinson is equal to IT because they have similar per 36 and 100 possession stats. You know, don't even take into account that IT averaged 20 and 7 last season and Nate Robinson has been in the league for like 10 years averaging 17 once with the majority of the years in the 10-12 ppg range and never averaging more than 4 assists. He was basically saying IT shouldn't get more then $2M/per because that's what Nate Robinson gets and they're both short. So dumb...
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Kings fans are emotionally scarred from Maloof years, but I think we will be fine w/ the new ownership.

I might've said this in here before but the person on there who pisses me off the most is bricklayer aka winsome gerbil on realgm. Dude is still crying about the Tyreke deal even though that was what got us the pieces to deal for Rudy who IMO is a better player. And yeah I was reading the site the last few days b/c of the draft(I usually avoid that place tbh) and I keep seeing PER 36 and 100 possession stats, and I'm like wtf? Cuz I know those guys did not actually average those numbers. And they are BS stats anyway. What a guy does in 20 MPG he might not be able to do for 36+. Also if they aren't playing that many minutes already, there's probably a reason. It is a good indicator of what a guy can potentially do but for people on there to act like it's the "zomg best stat evar!!!11!" is retarded.

For sure. I typically go there every once in a while, but mostly stick to STR. Yesterday I went over there, also due to the draft. Some dude was telling me Nate Robinson is equal to IT because they have similar per 36 and 100 possession stats. You know, don't even take into account that IT averaged 20 and 7 last season and Nate Robinson has been in the league for like 10 years averaging 17 once with the majority of the years in the 10-12 ppg range and never averaging more than 4 assists. He was basically saying IT shouldn't get more then $2M/per because that's what Nate Robinson gets and they're both short. So dumb...

lol I saw that. I'm not saying IT is a top 5 PG or anything but the Nate Rob comparison was retarded. They are completely different players. Nate better athlete but worse at everything else. Only similarity is height.
now there's rumors of us wanting to trade up for Embid
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM ]

Lol. I'm telling you, the PER 36 and 100 crap is so out of control over there. And it started with bricklayer, who thinks he is the foremost expert on everything and in particular NBA basketball. It's pretty comical actually, because the guy doesn't know half the sh*t he thinks he does.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I thought it was speculation. do you have a link or where you heard it from by chance?
Trade up, trade down, trade out, trade for more picks.

Draftmas eve
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lol. I'm telling you, the PER 36 and 100 crap is so out of control over there. And it started with bricklayer, who thinks he is the foremost expert on everything and in particular NBA basketball. It's pretty comical actually, because the guy doesn't know half the sh*t he thinks he does.

So much this. People on KF treat him like he's a genius and people on real gm treat him like he's a major idiot. It's hilarious.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Could be hype to get someone else. He's got some health problems so I'm scared of him. I heard he was falling to 6, and didnt release his medical records to certain teams so they wouldn't draft him.
Anyone else a little irritated that Affalo just got dealt for garbage? So Asik gets moved in a salary dump, Affalo for this and Kings just keep getting mentioned in pipe dream scenarios for players who most likely won't sign back. Last time I checked they needed a defensive big and some perimeter defenders that can shoot...well 2 players that fit the bill just got dealt for garbage. I suppose Fournier could turn into a good player, but just seems like very little to give up for AA
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM ]

Originally posted by Muggins:
I go there everyday and have for a few years but it's hella annoying when there are 700 posts on 1 page and new posts get added in the middle of it, at the bottom of it, top of it randomly etc... hard to keep up.

Do you have an account? It's a little easier to keep up if you are logged in with a registered account. Each time you open the thread any new comments show up as yellow.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
I go there everyday and have for a few years but it's hella annoying when there are 700 posts on 1 page and new posts get added in the middle of it, at the bottom of it, top of it randomly etc... hard to keep up.

Do you have an account? It's a little easier to keep up if you are logged in with a registered account. Each time you open the thread any new comments show up as yellow.

Yes I have an account. I'm Muggins916.

I've had 2-3 other accounts over the years. My first account I forgot my password and the email tied to it is no longer in use so I can't access it. Other two accounts I got banned from lol.

But yeah it's cool when there's not a s**tload of posts but like I said when there are hundreds and hundreds of posts it sucks. I could see it being cool if you sat there and read the thread as it progressed but if you pop in from time to time throughout the day it gets impossible to follow.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Vivek coming to Sac for the draft. Probably getting pissed trying to read Sactown Royalty threads on his smartphone lol

• MuggD
  • Veteran
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol I know right where they're at from that pic.
Share 49ersWebzone