LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
ESPN: Sacramento Kings fielding offers for the No. 8 pick

Really not a lot of new information. We kinda figured they were shopping the pick, but this says they are deciding between 3 offers that might include players AND picks for No. 8.

Draft day is going to be fun.

This is pretty interesting. I think its a PR stunt more than anything else TBH though. They have a lot of analytical guys working for them already.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

This is pretty interesting. I think its a PR stunt more than anything else TBH though. They have a lot of analytical guys working for them already.

Wow that was pretty fuggin badass.
Marc Stein reports Kings have discussed acquiring Josh Smith from Detroit. Deal would possibly include Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams, possibly Jason Terry.

Stein then links the rumor to the Kings targeting Rajon Rondo, who is apparently buddies with Smith.

Wow.
Marc Stein reports Kings have discussed acquiring Josh Smith from Detroit. Deal would possibly include Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams, possibly Jason Terry.

Stein then links the rumor to the Kings targeting Rajon Rondo, who is apparently buddies with Smith.

Wow.

I'm sorry.
After a decade of silence, I'm loving any rumor right now

Stepping back to see the reasoning here....

Smith as a PF in ATL for 9 seasons: 46.5% FG, 1.4 3FGA
Smith as a SF in DET for 1 season: 41.9% FG, 3.4 3FGA

I'm not in love with the guy, but it's a prototypical move of the new regime and one of those risks you might have to take when you're Sacramento.

3 years, $42 million left on his deal. That's a big pill to swallow.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Wow.

I'm sorry.

lolwut? Rondo would be awesome imo.

That would be a lot of knuckleheads on the team though. Cuz, Rondo, Josh Smith (I think he is. Can't recall anything off the top of my head as to why I think this though)
Yeah his contract is horrible and he takes a lot of bad shots. You guys might be able to get into the playoffs with him and Rondo though and it would allow Detroit to keep Monroe.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Wow.

I'm sorry.

lolwut? Rondo would be awesome imo.

That would be a lot of knuckleheads on the team though. Cuz, Rondo, Josh Smith (I think he is. Can't recall anything off the top of my head as to why I think this though)

That was directed at Smith not Rondo.
i love all the attention/rumors were having, feels good to finally have a real regime again

• MuggD
  • Veteran

I'd rather have Smith than JT and I guess Landry too. We'd have to dump a good amount of Salary somehow if we are getting Smith and Rondo.
Josh Smith would be a solid pick up to play the PF and only the PF. His questionable shot selection and shooting has been due to being played out of position in both Atl and Det. Had his best year of his career when he played PF exclusively and only took a few 3s on the season. He's be a fantastic fit next to Cousins. I do worry about a lineup that consists of DMC/JSmoove/Gay/BMac/Rondo though. There is very little outside shooting there. Can't argue with the talent though. That's a pretty solid lineup.
Originally posted by Muggins:

I'd rather have Smith than JT and I guess Landry too. We'd have to dump a good amount of Salary somehow if we are getting Smith and Rondo.

Checked the numbers. Cap-wise it's possible. Don't know if the Celtics go for it.

JT and Terry for Smith
Assuming #8, McLemore, D-Will, Outlaw for Rondo

RealGM says Terry can't go back to BOS because he was just traded from there. But I'm not sure if that period is over.
Interesting. If we give up Ben in the rondo trade I won't like it though

Rondo
Ben
Gay
Smith
Cousins

That's a pretty good lineup
Ben
Gay

Bengay lmao
Share 49ersWebzone