LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jimmer isnt a d*ckhead like Cousins is. Do you see Jimmer complaining about his contract or playing time? NO

Do you see Jimmer being good at basketball? No lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Jimmer isnt a d*ckhead like Cousins is. Do you see Jimmer complaining about his contract or playing time? NO

lol this
Originally posted by marshniners24:

he isn't terrible, he barely got any playing time anyway. Whats the point of getting rid of him for a sub-par late first rounder?
Jimmer in Utah will help sell more tickets for the Jazz...my $$ is on a trade to the jazz.
tim hardaway jr would be a nice pick up with a second 1st round pick.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

yep b/c SG is a big need for us

You don't draft for need in the draft...

TROLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or yeah? just take the BPA? Tell that to the Blazers after they took Oden

noooooo....they went for need rather BPA. Durant was clearly the healthier/better player but Oden fit their need and had potential to become the next great big man. Plus the blazers had Roy so they didn't feel they needed Durant as much as a big man who could protect the basket.

Thank you for proving my point, doe. If the Blazers would've selected Durant, and Durant was still on the team, the Trailblazers would be a serious team in the West. Not the current OKC or spurs team, but a top 4 seed in the west. As far as your sarcastic comment, you also draft for the future-2015-2016. Right now, the kings may not need a SG right now, but after the high turnover this team is going to see, it's smart to keep as much talent as possible while the team tinkers their current roster.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM ]
BTW, I do see Hardaway JR as an Arron Afflalo who is a solid role player. IMO he has the same intagibles as Afflalo did in 2007 but with more athleticism and not as good of a defender, even though Afflalo improved his defense over time in the league rather him coming into the league as a tenacious defender.

noooooo....they went for need rather BPA. Durant was clearly the healthier/better player but Oden fit their need and had potential to become the next great big man. Plus the blazers had Roy so they didn't feel they needed Durant as much as a big man who could protect the basket.

Thank you for proving my point, doe. If the Blazers would've selected Durant, and Durant was still on the team, the Trailblazers would be a serious team in the West. Not the current OKC or spurs team, but a top 4 seed in the west. As far as your sarcastic comment, you also draft for the future-2015-2016. Right now, the kings may not need a SG right now, but after the high turnover this team is going to see, it's smart to keep as much talent as possible while the team tinkers their current roster.

you make it seem like Oden wasn't the consensus #1 pick. A few people speculated that Durant could go #1, but the overwhelming consensus was that Oden would recover from his knee injury and be the next dominant force down low. Plus, the knock on Durant was that he was frail and it was unknown whether he could stand up to the punishment of the NBA season.

at the time of the draft Oden was considered the cant miss #1 prospect, best C in 7-10 years. The pick wasnt need, but on BPA. No one said Durant is better than him leading up to the draft, dont fool yourself.

at the time of the draft Oden was considered the cant miss #1 prospect, best C in 7-10 years. The pick wasnt need, but on BPA. No one said Durant is better than him leading up to the draft, dont fool yourself.

And Oden did have injury concerns as well. And don't fool yourself that taking the BPA is a bad idea. Should we reach for a SF just because it's a need position OR should we draft BPA? If we do draft BPA and let's say it's Burke, we could explore in trading IT for a veteran SF who could fit what the team need! Teams in all sports get in trouble by drafting need over BPA. ALL successful organizations in all sports look to the future, not just the upcoming year. Every time you draft for need, you're just shooting yourself on the foot. I don't see how an intelligent basketball fan like yourself cannot see that?

IF Hardaway is the BPA, (and trust me, I have no idea how to evaluate NBA talent) it would be quite foolish to reach for another position just because "we don't need for him for 2013-2014 season. If Hardaway becomes a good player, the team could explore trading Thorton to a playoff contender who needs bench scoring. And don't assume REKE will be back for the long term, if you see him as a SG. He may be gone this season OR sign a 1 yr qualifying offer and become a unrestricted FA and leave next year. With so much uncertainty with this roster, the team must collect talent and shape their roster for the future, not for this upcoming season.
BTW, I hope this team be aggressive and move up to grab Porter. I don't how much it would cost the team to move up 4 spots in the NBA draft.

MY PIPE DREAM

Trade Reke, IT, and 7th pick to Wizards for Wall and 3rd pick.

I know that Wall and the Wizards are discussing extension so this will not happen, but I could dream, right?

I also want Robin Lopez. I think he would be a nice piece for this team. What would it cost to get him?

Oh yeah! See Klay Thompson in 2011. POINT.PROVEN!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone