LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
So about the draft...

Where's everyone leaning?

Top of the draft seems really unsettled but I'm guessing Len-Oladipo-Noel-McLemore-Bennett-Porter are off the board. I'd be looking for Burke in that case, but I get the feeling our management may look elsewhere, maybe a surprise pick of someone who fits the model.

As of now, I'm predicting Muhammad. It's more than just the second workout...I just think management will see an immense talent that is a little rough around the edges. But that's a project worth taking on, IMO. He can be groomed into a big time player, and he's clearly very talented. As I said before, I like him.

I'm also a fan of Dennis Schroeder...German PG who has the tools to be really good -- fast, breaks down defenses with ease, 6'7" wingspan/lateral quickness to become a solid defender. Of course, that's based on YouTube clips only.

Anyone else worth considering? Zeller is a ho-hum pick that I'd be OK with but not thrilled. I'm not big on Michael Carter-Williams. McCollum...Lillard's success last year makes you afraid to pass on someone like this, but he's more of a Jamal Crawford player to me, not a true PG.

Unfortunately I'm not a college buff, I barely even watch the NCAA Tourney every year. It's really weird lol people at work are like wtf? Usually by draft time I have a favorite player because of just watching youtube vids of guys that will be around when we pick. The year we drafted Tyreke I wanted Rubio because of his vids. I didn't even know who Tyreke was lmao. This year I was liking Trey Burke and Anthony Bennett but I have no clue wtf I'm doing. Seems like we do like Shabazz though but maybe that's a smokescreen.
This is a tough draft because I feel like we actually have a lot of different ways we could go in the draft.

Burke seems to be the favorite from all the people I know, and I'd like the pick. However, If we go PG I think the pick with good potential would be Michael carter Williams. He's 6'6 and his only real flaw is his jumper which he has already improved this year.
He's still raw but I think it would be a good pick there. That way we could eventually slide IT into the 6th man/Bobby Jackson role too.

I would be okay with shabazz even though he doesn't fit just because his talent. He's seems kinda like a nut case though which I think would be bad to have around our team, but when he came out of highschool last year people were already saying he was going to go #1 the next year. That's how much talent he has, he just fits the NBA better than college.

I don't want Bennett. Zeller would be interesting...but wouldn't really add anything we need/different from what our bigs do now. So I wouldn't mind the pick because I think he's pretty talented, but the fit is weird. (Same with shabazz)

I was interested in McCollum just cause he seems smart and can shoot and play both the 1/2. I think next to Tyreke he would be a good fit as both then can be ball handlers as long as they work on ball movement. And McCollum will help spread the floor for Tyreke/Cuz.

Those are just my opinions from what I take from the guys projected around our pick.
So about the draft...

Top of the draft seems really unsettled but I'm guessing Len-Oladipo-Noel-McLemore-Bennett-Porter are off the board. I'd be looking for Burke in that case, but I get the feeling our management may look elsewhere, maybe a surprise pick of someone who fits the model.

As of now, I'm predicting Muhammad. It's more than just the second workout...I just think management will see an immense talent that is a little rough around the edges. But that's a project worth taking on, IMO. He can be groomed into a big time player, and he's clearly very talented. As I said before, I like him.

I'm also a fan of Dennis Schroeder...German PG who has the tools to be really good -- fast, breaks down defenses with ease, 6'7" wingspan/lateral quickness to become a solid defender. Of course, that's based on YouTube clips only.

Anyone else worth considering? Zeller is a ho-hum pick that I'd be OK with but not thrilled. I'm not big on Michael Carter-Williams. McCollum...Lillard's success last year makes you afraid to pass on someone like this, but he's more of a Jamal Crawford player to me, not a true PG.

Muhammad's 6'7 wingspan doesn't matter when he doesn't try at all defensively.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
So about the draft...

You're not the best at reading, huh
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
So about the draft...

Originally posted by marshniners24:
So about the draft...

my bad, but obv. though Muhammad is a score first type player, and we have way to many shoot 1st players, we need unselfish pass first, play great D type players.
my bad, but obv. though Muhammad is a score first type player, and we have way to many shoot 1st players, we need unselfish pass first, play great D type players.

Haha yea. But I agree
Muhammad's a competitor. He's been in twice -- our management will get a feel for whether he's coachable or not. I think he is.

And his wingspan is 6'11". Wingspan isn't everything, but it's a good base to build on. Mike Malone is a passionate coach who I think will demand performance. If he can get Muhammad to buy in defensively and work within the system, he can be a special talent.

What pass-first, great D player would you like to see picked?
Muhammad's a competitor. He's been in twice -- our management will get a feel for whether he's coachable or not. I think he is.

And his wingspan is 6'11". Wingspan isn't everything, but it's a good base to build on. Mike Malone is a passionate coach who I think will demand performance. If he can get Muhammad to buy in defensively and work within the system, he can be a special talent.

What pass-first, great D player would you like to see picked?

I have said multiple times I would rather trade the pick. This draft is super weak.
I've been reading some articles about McLemore dropping to us. I DO NOT want that guy. He was absolute garbage in the tournament and was scared. He didn't want anything to do with that big stage. He was non-existent. Also, he seems pretty undersized for a two guard in the NBA. We already have shoot only, undersized two guards. There is a reason why this kid is dropping. He has done bad in pre-draft workouts and has work ethic issues. I also don't want Muhammad. He doesn't play defense and only cares about scoring. He struggled in college, no reason to think he can light up the NBA. We don't need more guys that are only obsessed with scoring.

I still prefer Burke if he is there. If not, I have to go with SacRock's assessment cause dude knows his s**t

Wow, just saw a Grantland interview with Shabazz... There was a UCLA game last year where his teammate hit a game winning shot. They won the game, but he didn't celebrate because he was mad he didn't get the final shot. He said, "the ball player I am, I always want the last shot." That's great, but if your teammate hits the game winning shot, you should still at least try and act happy. That is crazy selfish. No thanks, bro.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Wow, just saw a Grantland interview with Shabazz... There was a UCLA game last year where his teammate hit a game winning shot. They won the game, but he didn't celebrate because he was mad he didn't get the final shot. He said, "the ball player I am, I always want the last shot." That's great, but if your teammate hits the game winning shot, you should still at least try and act happy. That is crazy selfish. No thanks, bro.

Yeah man that kind of s**t is not good.

Start watching at 15:47

The whole vid is great btw. Draft Express does a great job on these imo. They dedicate the first half to the good and the second half to the bad of the specific player. I recommend checking all the players through their vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DraftExpress?feature=watch
[ Edited by Muggins on Jun 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM ]
Thanks Muggins... Yeah, I've seen a few of their videos. Great breakdowns and footage. The best, and fairest draft videos I've seen.

IMO, not celebrating the game winning shot is a huge red flag. He even admitted that he "let it get to him." He was genuinely mad that he didn't get the last shot. Wow. That is the opposite of what we need in our locker room. And, in the interview I saw he never mentioned defense. The Kings didn't have a problem scoring last year. It was their defense which was embarrassingly bad. No effort. They didn't care about defense.
what is Burke's biggest negative?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
what is Burke's biggest negative?

Mainly size.

Check from 11:35 in the vid

Share 49ersWebzone