There are 166 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Man pre season or not this was a fun one

the dubs vs. kings are always friggin entertaining...and it pisses me off! lol

Man, I wish we could both be good at the same time. You guys are elite now, but when we were elite you guys were average and vice versa. It would be a fun Nor Cal rivalry if we were good at the same time... A playoff series or something.

it could happen. i don't like the kings, but i'm a big Mike Malone fan and i think he could do wonders with your roster.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
And so it begins - NBA 3.0
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:

cricket?
Every time I see that word I think of cricket from it's always sunny in philidelphia lmao
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

cricket?
Dude do you not know that Vivek is from India? Cricket is the number 1 sport in India. Did you not see my post before that with the link to the Kings' website in Hindi? Have you not heard how huge of a population they have? Have you not heard that 1.2 billion people will be watching that Kings game from India next week? Have you not heard Vivek talking about how how he wants the NBA to be a global brand? Have you not heard that he wants the Kings to be the number 1 team in that global brand? Have you not heard about this NBA 3.0 s**t?

Sorry if I sound like a dick but seems to me like you are b***hing about s**t a lot. This dude Vivek wants us to be known like a brand name, like the Dallas Cowboys or Steelers, or Yankees, or Lakers.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

cricket?
Dude do you not know that Vivek is from India? Cricket is the number 1 sport in India. Did you not see my post before that with the link to the Kings' website in Hindi? Have you not heard how huge of a population they have? Have you not heard that 1.2 billion people will be watching that Kings game from India next week? Have you not heard Vivek talking about how how he wants the NBA to be a global brand? Have you not heard that he wants the Kings to be the number 1 team in that global brand? Have you not heard about this NBA 3.0 s**t?

Sorry if I sound like a dick but seems to me like you are b***hing about s**t a lot. This dude Vivek wants us to be known like a brand name, like the Dallas Cowboys or Steelers, or Yankees, or Lakers.

If we actually won a few titles I could see the Steelers comparison. Both mid sized markets with rabid fan bases that are mainly crazy about one team.
Muggins laying the pipe of justice
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Dude posting ninja pic of new Kings center court logo.

http://t.co/DGwZLYqrIO
[ Edited by Muggins on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Larger view

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Cricket?

Don't make Muggins rip you a new one like he did to pdizo
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM ]

BOOM! Lay that pipe, lol.

Yup, we are a small market team but Vivek is the first Indian majority owner and the Indain community in Sac is buzzing. His story is inspirational to a lot of people. Part of the reason the NBA wanted him as a owner is to tap into the emerging Indian market. I'm sure a lot of people there think its cool that one of their own made it big and is now an owner. And unlike the Jaguars Indian owner (correct me if I'm wrong), Vivek is reaching out to that community. The opening game will be televised there. Some of the cheerleaders and front office made a recent trip to India to hand out Kings gear and hype up the brand.

We could be a small market team but have an international appeal in a place like India. Nothing but good ($) can come out of it. Can't wait until opening night! Going to be a big ass party
KINGS ANNOUNCE ASSISTANT COACH BRENDAN MALONE'S RESIGNATION

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The Sacramento Kings announced today the team has accepted the resignation of Assistant Coach Brendan Malone, effective immediately. No replacement will be made at this time and moving forward, Chris Jent will assume responsibilities as the lead assistant on Head Coach Michael Malone's staff.

"As a veteran of 27 seasons in the NBA coaching ranks, Brendan brought a wealth of experience and knowledge to our organization, and we were all fortunate to have had an opportunity to work with him," said Kings General Manager Pete D'Alessandro. "His departure is not indicative of a loss of passion for the game or his desire to help our franchise succeed, but rather a decision based on factors associated with the rigors of coaching in the NBA."

"I'm thankful that I had my father on our staff during the summer and throughout training camp as I transitioned into a head coaching role," said Michael Malone. "He was my father long before we became colleagues, and while I'll miss his presence on the bench, he will always be an invaluable source of counsel on all matters basketball and otherwise."

Malone Sr. joined the Kings in June after five seasons with the Orlando Magic under Head Coach Stan Van Gundy. During his tenure in Orlando, the Magic notched four straight seasons of 50 or more wins, three consecutive Southeast Division titles (2007-08 – 2009-10), and a 2009 NBA Finals appearance. Malone also worked under Hall of Famer Chuck Daly and was part of two NBA championships with the Detroit Pistons (1989 and 1990), where he orchestrated defensive sets to thwart Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. He spent seven seasons (1988-89 – 1994-95) with the Pistons before becoming the first-ever head coach of the expansion Toronto Raptors.

His coaching career includes three stints with the Knicks as an assistant coach (1986-87 – 1987-88, 1997-98 – 1999-00, and (2003-04). In between his second and third stays in New York, he served as an assistant coach with the Indiana Pacers for three seasons (2000-01 – 2002-03). In 1996, Malone worked as a consultant for the Seattle Supersonics during their run to the 1996 NBA Finals.

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/kings-announce-assistant-coach-brendan-malones-resignation
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
^ That happened a few days ago actually. Or at least that's when I heard about it, maybe the Kings just announced it today.

I make a brief mention of it in post #1348 in this thread.
^ That happened a few days ago actually. Or at least that's when I heard about it, maybe the Kings just announced it today.

I make a brief mention of it in post #1348 in this thread.

sorry bud, didn't happen to see it
Share 49ersWebzone