LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
are you guys rooting for them to lose to get that draft pick or for them to win and show some pride? I'm torn because even if we had the worst record, we're still not picking #1 or #2. But if we win too many games, were going to selecting high up in the draft and probably drafting someone like Jason Thompson.

I just want to see the young guys develop and some defensive effort. Also, I want to see some wins and better play at home. Just so paying fans get rewarded and want to continue to go to games. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on one's viewpoint) I don't think we have to worry about getting too many wins. We will barely win any on the road and maybe go .500 at home. We will have a high pick and are due for some good luck with the lottery balls.

It's been nice to see a more entertaining, more athletic brand of basketball. If we are going lose anyway, might as well see some fun highlights
you think they will go .500 at home?

We always have a decent home record but never win any on the road
Originally posted by marshniners24:

We always have a decent home record but never win any on the road

Tough to predict. I do think this team will look dramatically different by the end of the season. Management is willing to wheel and deal to get the right pieces. Only two players are considered to be untouchable. The rest is considered trade bait.

I do remember that the decision to trade away Mitch Richmond was not well received at the time. But it was a blockbuster trade that changed the face of the Kings and resulted in multiple playoff seasons. But I don't think we have a blue chip like that on the roster. It would be akin to trading DeMarcus. I don't think that's happening.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Agree. I'm not a fan of his at all. Same with Keith Brooks in the morning. hate that f**ker.

My god, Keith Brooks is horrid. You can tell he has been watching way more sports. Dude is still a Vanilla Ice type guy, but early on he knew absolutely NOTHING about sports. It was pathetic. Now he at least knows who won the big game last night lol

lol Yeah he has picked up his sports game. Early on it was like WHAT THE FUK THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE

I should add that he has grown on me a little bit but I'm still ticked that khtk fired Don Geronimo. I know Don is not for everyone but they could have moved Don to evenings or something. Or just kept him at that Noon slot where he killed it for so many years.

In the radio game -- it's not about talent or knowledge -- it's all about the money. And Keith Brooks is costing the station less than one-tenth of what Don Geronimo was costing them.

So the station owner makes a little more coin. They don't give a rat's butt about you, the listener.

Until you stop listening, that is. Then, and only then, do they sit up, take notice and kiss keester.

Well they actually asked Don if he would do more of a Sports show and he said he would and then wjfk asked if he wanted to come back to Washington DC and he did that instead. At least that's what Don said. I still listen to his show on wjfk sometimes.. in fact it usually starts right about now.

Aldo, don't they have to still pay his contract anyway? Why cut him loose early.

You know he had way more listeners than Deuce f**king Mason.

Without knowing the details -- and I don't -- I can't tell you what went into the decision-making process. I can only comment from the perspective of working in the radio game, which I did for nearly two decades.

That said, some staffing decisions don't make sense. They are head-scratchers. Popular hosts get canned for one reason or another. I saw it happen far too often in my former line of work. It's why I don't work in radio anymore. Plus, I didn't have Don's talent. Not even close.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Can someone (I'm looking at you Muggins) post the video of back to back alley oops to D Will? First one was called back... I was at the game and that first one in particular looked naaasty... Would love to see a video of it. Can't find it anywhere. D will got hops

Here you go mane

[ Edited by Muggins on Nov 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Without knowing the details -- and I don't -- I can't tell you what went into the decision-making process. I can only comment from the perspective of working in the radio game, which I did for nearly two decades.

That said, some staffing decisions don't make sense. They are head-scratchers. Popular hosts get canned for one reason or another. I saw it happen far too often in my former line of work. It's why I don't work in radio anymore. Plus, I didn't have Don's talent. Not even close.

Wow that's cool you used to work in radio. (well cool to me anyway) I always have been a big fan of sports talk radio and shock jock radio.. KHTK seems so boring these days. Grant is the only solid show they have and I can only stand a little bit of him these days.

Oh and lol it's crazy how many times Don has been fired.. I think he's been fired about 25+ times
[ Edited by Muggins on Nov 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Dwill the thrill

That game was so fun. I've never seen an nba game like that.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
https://vine.co/v/hP12amrYJO6
Cousins at it again............dude got mental problems

Originally posted by jimrat:

All the old great competitors had mental problems then. Tired of these soft ass players in the league today
Can someone (I'm looking at you Muggins) post the video of back to back alley oops to D Will? First one was called back... I was at the game and that first one in particular looked naaasty... Would love to see a video of it. Can't find it anywhere. D will got hops

Here you go mane

Thanks homie! b******t the first one didn't count. That was VICIOUS. Best game I've attended in a long time even though we lost. We always play good against the floppers of LA
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

All the old great competitors had mental problems then. Tired of these soft ass players in the league today

Cousins don't give a fucc. And I don't give a fucc. Fucc those fake ass Clippers.

This. That was after the super late foul that was called on cousins when reddick acted hurt. Miraculously, he was fine after the foul. It's so refreshing to see that as opposed to the buddy buddy, "we all get paid millions no matter what so lets all be BFFs" bull we see from the rest of the NBA. Gimme that old school bulls/Knicks s**t any day
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone