LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 132 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Also, the Kings haven't had a top 2 draft pick in a while. That's a key too... If they get #1 next year and get Wiggins then I can see a 'Cleveland Cavs' jump.

That would be sweet, but I don't think they'll be s**tty enough to get a top two pick. The Kings have the worst luck with draft position.

They were s**tty enough to get the first pick just a few years ago. Maybe they'll get some Cleveland luck and get the first pick a couple times in the next few years even if they don't have the worst record.

Ya, Wiggins will drag a bottom feeder to the limelight, hope it's the Kings
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I lol'd when I read this.

DeMarcus Cousins agent wants max extension this summer… or a trade
Originally posted by susweel:

it's inevitable that DMC will leave...

22 year old center that's averaged 17 and 10 in his career, and the most talented center, offensively, in the league. I could easily see him getting a max contract extension once he stops acting like a dumb ass

He will most definitely get a max deal. Whether its with Sac or not. He is too talented... I'm torn on this guy. If the Kings offer him the max, he'll stay I think. But, its not a coincidence that he has had issues with all his coaches.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Where did you read that?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Muggins:

Where did you read that?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/demarcus-cousins-agent-wants-max-extension-this-summer-or-a-trade/
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Where did you read that?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/demarcus-cousins-agent-wants-max-extension-this-summer-or-a-trade/

Thx. Yeah I just saw the Bee article.. http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/19/5510131/cousins-mum-on-kings-new-regime.html#mi_rss=Kings/NBA
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I don't get why he can't just say "I want to be here and turn this team around. I'll let my agent deal with the contract stuff." Instead he says "no comment." and rolls his eyes. Cousins gonna cuzz.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't get why he can't just say "I want to be here and turn this team around. I'll let my agent deal with the contract stuff." Instead he says "no comment." and rolls his eyes. Cousins gonna cuzz.

I think signing him to a max deal would be the worst possible move a team could make. Once he has the money you know this dude is just gonna mail it in.

• MuggD
  • Veteran

I think signing him to a max deal would be the worst possible move a team could make. Once he has the money you know this dude is just gonna mail it in.

I could definitely see him mailing it in as far as his attitude goes after he gets paid. Which is scary because I guess what we've seen so far is his good behavior.

[ Edited by sacniner on Jun 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

lol what happened?

lol what happened?

Ha... nothing man. A little too harsh. I still got a soft spot for Cousins. I hope he realizes that he is just hurting his pocket book by acting the way he does. We need a building block like that.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

lol what happened?

Ha... nothing man. A little too harsh. I still got a soft spot for Cousins. I hope he realizes that he is just hurting his pocket book by acting the way he does. We need a building block like that.

I still like Cousins too. I am definitely open to see how he does with this completely new regime. I know he's a good in Life, but his track record has shown he doesn't handle certain things well when it comes to being a professional NBA player. He had the rap coming out of college and then was suspended by both coaches he's played for multiple times, is at the top of the league in Techs, Team USA said there were issues with him etc. He has said he wants to stay in Sac in the past and wants to turn the team around and not be a front runner type player. Why not just say that instead of no comment with laugh and an eye roll. Not a big deal imo but now it's a negative news story.
Share 49ersWebzone