There are 153 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Muggins:
I asked Carmichael Dave on Twitter if he thought the new ownership would like a local sports show in the morning. He replied - Yes.

I love Don Geronimo (I really do. I've listened to him for nearly 20 years now) but since the Rise Guys left there has been a local sports void. My hope would be that Don goes back to mid day and we get a Rise Guys like show back in the AM.

the same Rise Guys that are on 95.7 the game? they used to be in sac?
or is that just a coincidence on the name? lol

Yeah they were in Sac for a long time. They were on 98 Rock in the 90's and then moved to KHTK around the year 2000.. they were there until the recent move to the Bay Area. Phantom who was on the Rise Guys stayed in Sac and is on the Don Geronimo Show now. Phantom and Whitey are Brothers btw.
Yeah they were in Sac for a long time. They were on 98 Rock in the 90's and then moved to KHTK around the year 2000.. they were there until the recent move to the Bay Area. Phantom who was on the Rise Guys stayed in Sac and is on the Don Geronimo Show now. Phantom and Whitey are Brothers btw.

oh wow didnt know that
I listen to them al the time, they're my favorite show on 95.7. dudes are hilarious
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

oh wow didnt know that
I listen to them al the time, they're my favorite show on 95.7. dudes are hilarious

Yeah they did a real good morning show. Was really good during the Kings' glory years.
Yeah they did a real good morning show. Was really good during the Kings' glory years.

and now they'll be good during the Warriors' glory years
Legit question:

How can the Kings become a contender... I mean, is there actually any chance of them competing in the next few years?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

and now they'll be good during the Warriors' glory years

Meh. I think Kreidler kinda sucks and Dibley too. Especially Dibley. Are they both still on the show? Whitey is the real talent there. Kreidler is a pretty good writer doe, just boring to me.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Legit question:

How can the Kings become a contender... I mean, is there actually any chance of them competing in the next few years?

In the next few years, sure if they make good decisions starting now. This year? No way will they be a contender. Could make some noise though, maybe a shot at the 8th if things go well.
Meh. I think Kreidler kinda sucks and Dibley too. Especially Dibley. Are they both still on the show? Whitey is the real talent there. Kreidler is a pretty good writer doe, just boring to me.

Ya, they're both still on the show, but you're right Whitey is the best one.
Kreidler is decent, and they do the Questions for Kreidler segment that's pretty funny.

They're like the TNT NBA post game show, they make more jokes than they talk sports
Legit question:

What do you mean by contender? I think they could sneak in the playoffs possibly in the next few years, but they won't be contending for a title... but honestly, only a couple of teams truly compete for the title.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Legit question:

What do you mean by contender? I think they could sneak in the playoffs possibly in the next few years, but they won't be contending for a title... but honestly, only a couple of teams truly compete for the title.

I agree that there's only a few teams to compete. But the Clippers and the Sonics (now Thunder) were hapless a few years ago and now are contenders. How can SAC do some of the same. The only draft pick recently that has any value is Cousins, but he's an emotional liability (like Rasheed Wallace).

Legit question:

I think DMC is the key to a quick turn around
if he doesn't get his head straight and f**ks up with this regime, I think it'll take a lot longer. We all know he has the potential to be a star, he's already very good but he has the potential to be the best center in the league.

DMC and making the right decisions, especially in the draft, will be huge
Legit question:

I agree that there's only a few teams to compete. But the Clippers and the Sonics (now Thunder) were hapless a few years ago and now are contenders. How can SAC do some of the same. The only draft pick recently that has any value is Cousins, but he's an emotional liability (like Rasheed Wallace).

Develop their players and hit in the draft like OKC. Sac is not getting an FAs like the Lakers or Knicks. DMC and Reke need to lead the charge, IMO. And, drafting a guy like Durant helps
Legit question:

Develop their players and hit in the draft like OKC. Sac is not getting an FAs like the Lakers or Knicks. DMC and Reke need to lead the charge, IMO. And, drafting a guy like Durant helps

Also, the Kings haven't had a top 2 draft pick in a while. That's a key too... If they get #1 next year and get Wiggins then I can see a 'Cleveland Cavs' jump.
Also, the Kings haven't had a top 2 draft pick in a while. That's a key too... If they get #1 next year and get Wiggins then I can see a 'Cleveland Cavs' jump.

That would be sweet, but I don't think they'll be s**tty enough to get a top two pick. The Kings have the worst luck with draft position.

That would be sweet, but I don't think they'll be s**tty enough to get a top two pick. The Kings have the worst luck with draft position.

They were s**tty enough to get the first pick just a few years ago. Maybe they'll get some Cleveland luck and get the first pick a couple times in the next few years even if they don't have the worst record.
Share 49ersWebzone