There are 171 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
I could be wrong but I think he was signed after the Amnesty rule came into effect.. or something like that.

You're right. Salmons is our only amnesty eligible player.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I could be wrong but I think he was signed after the Amnesty rule came into effect.. or something like that.

lmao
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

And I'm pretty sure that the amnesty thing has passed already too? Basically Salmons is going to be here. Watch him have a pretty good year under a new regime lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
cuz the kings f**kin suck thats why

+1

cute marsh. when you two getting married?

Whenever dobos mom agrees

+1
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Apparently Corliss Williamson will be named an assistant coach tomorrow. Championship.

I know he's been coaching college ball for a few years now so that's a plus.
Big Nasty. Mitch. Bobby J. Reef.

Cool to have all these guys in the organization.
The big nasty yes
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
BREAKING Demarcus Tweets - R.

BREAKING Demarcus Tweets - R.

Lol
The big nasty yes

Great addition, Malone has a great staff

Good article on DMC that I think is spot on: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9541808/the-future-demarcus-boogie-cousins-nba-biggest-mystery
Read that as well. Good breakdown.

I agree fully with the points made: he's lazy, a very bad defender and a drain on the team with his attitude. That said, we have no choice but to give Coach Malone a shot to reform him. He's worth the trouble if you can get him to buy in.

If not, you let him walk or look to deal him. We should not extend him right now though. He probably gets max anyway, but you've got to make him prove himself.

Things are really being done for him. He's got the full support of the entire management, we've brought in positive influences on the roster and coaching staff. It's his turn.
Read that as well. Good breakdown.

I agree fully with the points made: he's lazy, a very bad defender and a drain on the team with his attitude. That said, we have no choice but to give Coach Malone a shot to reform him. He's worth the trouble if you can get him to buy in.

If not, you let him walk or look to deal him. We should not extend him right now though. He probably gets max anyway, but you've got to make him prove himself.

Things are really being done for him. He's got the full support of the entire management, we've brought in positive influences on the roster and coaching staff. It's his turn.

Yeah, he is super lazy on defense and reaches a lot. Dude has so many dumb ass fouls. On offense, he takes too many perimeter jumpers and doesn't crash to the rim enough. If he gets coached up, it'll be scary.

The management has obviously made him a priority and are trying to make him feel "special." He will be a restricted FA next year right? So I guess we don't have to extend him immediately... I wanna see passion and improvement the first half of the year. He needs to be more efficient on offense and not be so damn lazy on offense. Looks like he has been slimming down.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Yeah, he is super lazy on defense and reaches a lot. Dude has so many dumb ass fouls. On offense, he takes too many perimeter jumpers and doesn't crash to the rim enough. If he gets coached up, it'll be scary.

The management has obviously made him a priority and are trying to make him feel "special." He will be a restricted FA next year right? So I guess we don't have to extend him immediately... I wanna see passion and improvement the first half of the year. He needs to be more efficient on offense and not be so damn lazy on offense. Looks like he has been slimming down.

Yeah, DMC doesn't have much leverage in demanding an extension or trade. He'll be restricted -- we can let the market dictate his value and match or get pieces back, ala Tyreke.

I'm very skeptical about him reforming, and the bits I saw of the Team USA scrimmage didn't help. He just plays so unenthusiastically...there's no fire to dominate. It's like he's just going through the motions. With a permanent frown on his face.

But I have a feeling Mike Malone isn't gonna put up with any BS. I know it's all chummy right now as he tries to ingratiate himself. But once they hit the court, I don't get the feeling he's gonna stand by while Cousins half-asses it.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah, DMC doesn't have much leverage in demanding an extension or trade. He'll be restricted -- we can let the market dictate his value and match or get pieces back, ala Tyreke.

I'm very skeptical about him reforming, and the bits I saw of the Team USA scrimmage didn't help. He just plays so unenthusiastically...there's no fire to dominate. It's like he's just going through the motions. With a permanent frown on his face.

But I have a feeling Mike Malone isn't gonna put up with any BS. I know it's all chummy right now as he tries to ingratiate himself. But once they hit the court, I don't get the feeling he's gonna stand by while Cousins half-asses it.

I too am skeptical. The little bit I saw of him in that USA stuff was he got a couple rebounds and missed a couple shots... but on one of the missed shots he thought he was fouled or something and started loafing back up court and doing his patented snicker+head shake. When people question him on stuff like that he says "that's just me. I'm not changing the way I play." The thing is though is that s**t rubs people/team mates/coaches/refs wrong. It's cancerous and the loafing part actually effects the game. I'd also say that when his whiny antics rub refs the wrong way, if there's an iffy call they will call it against him.
Share 49ersWebzone