LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

James Ham: Confirming that Tyreke Evans will meet with Atlanta tomorrow and possibly one other Eastern Conference team. Twitter @James_HamRead

A source with knowledge of his situation says that Evans came away impressed by his meeting with the Kings, which included owner Vivek Ranadivé, general manager Pete D'Alessandro and coach Michael Malone. It believed that the 23-year-old swingman's overall preference is to remain in Sacramento.(Cowbell Kingdom)

Free agent point guard Jose Manuel Calderon will meet with the Kings today in Sacramento, agent Mark Bartelstein told HoopsHype. Owner Vivek Ranadive, general manager Pete D'Alessandro, head coach Mike Malone and Chris Mullin will be at the meeting with the Spanish guard, who returned to the United States yesterday. His stay in the country will be short as Calderon will be back in Spain in just a couple of days. (HoopsHype)
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]
If you dont get McLemore a pass first PG he is gonna fail, he cant create his own shot right now, he needs someone to find him when he is open. you guys are gonna f**k this up and then blame him for not being good.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If you dont get McLemore a pass first PG he is gonna fail, he cant create his own shot right now, he needs someone to find him when he is open. you guys are gonna f**k this up and then blame him for not being good.

I agree with him on this. We need a pure PG. As much i like Evans as a talent, i hope we can trade him to acquire that PG
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I agree with him on this. We need a pure PG. As much i like Evans as a talent, i hope we can trade him to acquire that PG

exactly my thoughts too at this point, i love tyreke, but we need a pass first PG and he simply isn't that. Hopefully we just don't lose him and can get a sign & trade.

You're right. For the first couple of years, he will need screens and other help to get his shots. Its his, and the coaching staff's, responsibility to develop that part of his game. If he doesn't develop that part of his game, as a two guard in the NBA, then he has no one to blame but himself. Even if that is not his primary strength, he should be able to do it some times ala Ray Allen down the road.

I have always like Jose Calderon. I think he would be a good fit. He is a pass first PG. He knows how to run an offense and create for others.
Evans should learn to drive and dish better. The strength of his game is penetrating and attracting defenders. McLemore and other shooters should be open and if Reke makes the right play they will get looks.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I thought Mclemore was reke's replacement

Not necessarily, and not right away. Reke can play three positions, but he is adamant not to play the three. A lot of people in Sac would like to see Reke at the point (he had his best year at point and grew up playing that) and McLemore at the two. I would like to see that also.
yeaa they woulda been the future 1-2 , but i feel like we will lose reke to the pelicans lmfao
So like the 1 thing i don't understand about the NBA is the whole sign and trade rules.

Like how can we have the right to sign and trade a player thats a FA.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
So like the 1 thing i don't understand about the NBA is the whole sign and trade rules.

If you sign the player he is now part of the team, you can trade players that are on your team

If you sign the player he is now part of the team, you can trade players that are on your team

but why would an opposing team accept those terms for a FA if they can just sign him without giving any assets up?

• MuggD
  • Veteran

but why would an opposing team accept those terms for a FA if they can just sign him without giving any assets up?

Well if the dude you signed plays a position you already have you then have a logjam. Plus a lot of salary.

Tyreke is a RFA if that is what you are referring to. Any contract another team offers him the Kings can match and keep him. If the Kings are willing to match then the other team would need to give up some assets to get him.

Other S&T scenarios are usually for teams that cannot sign them as a FA themselves or if the current team is willing to it allows the player to get more money if his current team has his bird rights.
I'm like a week late, but McLemore was a great pick.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm like a week late, but McLemore was a great pick.

I love you
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Tyreke is a RFA if that is what you are referring to. Any contract another team offers him the Kings can match and keep him. If the Kings are willing to match then the other team would need to give up some assets to get him.

Other S&T scenarios are usually for teams that cannot sign them as a FA themselves or if the current team is willing to it allows the player to get more money if his current team has his bird rights.

guys I'm not asking about the reasons for being traded. (thats obvious)

Im asking about how Sign & Trade works. Does S&T apply to UFAs also??

Why would the Pelicans do a S&T for Tyreke, if they can just have if anyway for their contract without giving anything up?? (Makes no sense)
Share 49ersWebzone