There are 177 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

i dont want to lose tyreke :(
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

Why? He can't hit a jump shot and misses a lot of layups. He's not good without the ball.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Why? He can't hit a jump shot and misses a lot of layups. He's not good without the ball.

misses alot of layups? what games did you watch
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

For a guy who's strength is penetration, he his assists, rebounds, and points have decreased every year in the league. His FG% isn't great considering his strength is penetration. He did improve it this last year but he has a lot of other limitations.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

For a guy who's strength is penetration, he his assists, rebounds, and points have decreased every year in the league. His FG% isn't great considering his strength is penetration. He did improve it this last year but he has a lot of other limitations.

you also realize his minutes have gone down substantially every year in the league too, right? Started out averaging 37.2 and this last year was down to 31.0.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I will say that Tyreke does seem to take a fair share of tough, semi-out of control layups when he could have passed off to a teammate for a better shot.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Pelicans offered Tyreke 4 for $44.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave3m
As I reported last week, the rumble from STA is that the Kings would NOT match that type of offer, FWIW. Follow @sam_amick for the deets.
I do not think he is worth 11 mil a year, but i really do not want to lose him either and do not think a team that is already lacking talent can afford to lose him. i also want to see him under a new coaching regime.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave3m
As I reported last week, the rumble from STA is that the Kings would NOT match that type of offer, FWIW. Follow @sam_amick for the deets.

sign and trade??

Losing Tyreke is the best thing that can happen to the Kings. You lose talent but you gain more offensive flow and a more team-oriented offense. Honestly, he's a poor-man's version of James Hardin. This loss will force the Kings to move around rather than stand and watch while Tyreke forces some out of control lay-up. He has a big upside but only if he had worked on his game. After this many years, I don't think he will improve his game unless he gets on a contender that can force him to expand his game.
Losing Tyreke is the best thing that can happen to the Kings. You lose talent but you gain more offensive flow and a more team-oriented offense. Honestly, he's a poor-man's version of James Hardin. This loss will force the Kings to move around rather than stand and watch while Tyreke forces some out of control lay-up. He has a big upside but only if he had worked on his game. After this many years, I don't think he will improve his game unless he gets on a contender that can force him to expand his game.

None of the Kings youngs have developed. Not a coincidence. Worst owners in sports and a s**t coaching staff every year does that. Reke, is strong, ultra talented and young. You have to give the Kings youngs passes for the lack of development. Reke did improve a lot in terms of sharing the ball and shot selection. I don't know how i feel about matching that offer sheet, but losing him is not the best thing that could happen to us. I think him and McLemore would work well. I'm torn on this one.
Originally posted by sacniner:

None of the Kings youngs have developed. Not a coincidence. Worst owners in sports and a s**t coaching staff every year does that. Reke, is strong, ultra talented and young. You have to give the Kings youngs passes for the lack of development. Reke did improve a lot in terms of sharing the ball and shot selection. I don't know how i feel about matching that offer sheet, but losing him is not the best thing that could happen to us. I think him and McLemore would work well. I'm torn on this one.

I can buy that. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the new staff cleans a little house. It's difficult to create a new mentality when the "leaders" or veterans of the team weren't very self motivated to begin with.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jul 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Muggins:
Pelicans offered Tyreke 4 for $44.

"@JimmySpencerNBA: Source: Restricted Free Agent Tyreke Evans Nears Deal with New Orleans Pelicans … Source: he will agree by tonight http://t.co/WwSd5jric8"
I can buy that. But, I wouldn't be surprised if the new staff cleans a little house. It's difficult to create a new mentality when the "leaders" or veterans of the team weren't very self motivated to begin with.

They want to bring their own guys in. For sure. And I want them to. Hopefully they get rid of Thornton's dumb ass contract, and Jimmer is probably gone. Reke has been visible in the community with the new regime. So, I think they do like him a little. Probably not enough to give him 11 million for four years.
Share 49ersWebzone